Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on SMURFS 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D
    Posted: July 31 2011 at 11:36am
According to Box Office Mojo, "Smurfs" and "Cowboys & Aliens" are in a dead heat with $36.2 million each.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Given the day-to-day gross patterns on each film, the final numbers could go either way as to which was actually/technically #1. But the fact that both films' claimed grosses are exactly even (even down to the decimal point) makes me suspicious that fudging of some kind went on here. Either both releasing companies (Universal and Sony) have spies in one another's camps (the likelier scenario) or the statistically unlikely has occurred, and both films actually did have the exact same gross. 

Guess we'll find out when actual/final grosses are released Monday.  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 5:24pm
A lot of people must have been curious to see how bad 'The Smurfs' was.  Once tomorrow's actual numbers come out, we'll know exactly what the No. 1 movie was.  There is still the possibility that 'Cowboys & Aliens' may have edged out 'The Smurfs'.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 6:09pm
Don't forget little kids can't necessarily tell a bad movie from a good one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 6:32pm
It's just parents taking their kids to see it. I'm sad that it actually made a lot of money -- They'll probably announce a sequel within a month.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

A lot of people must have been curious to see how bad 'The Smurfs' was.  Once tomorrow's actual numbers come out, we'll know exactly what the No. 1 movie was.  There is still the possibility that 'Cowboys & Aliens' may have edged out 'The Smurfs'.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 6:47pm
A month? They probably already have the first draft of the sequel prepared by now!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 10:01pm
I don't know where they are in the process of revving up the sequel, Burn.  As of now, IMDbPro doesn't have a Smurfs sequel listed in their in-development section.  We do know that a sequel is (or soon will be) in the works.  That would give us another chance to slap this series if this one gets away.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 9:44am
Okay, if you want to get all technical, they probably just greenlighted the sequel this morning...
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 1:37pm
Final box office figures have just been released for July 29-31, and COWBOYS & ALIENS actually topped SMURFS in total grosses by about $820,000 (B.O. MoJo LINK). But measured by per-screen average, SMURFS was the top wide release (by about $775 per screen) ...all the more remarkable considering a high percentage of its admissions would have been at the lower Child's Ticket rate. 

Bottom line: COWBOYS made more money overall, but SMURFS actually sold more tickets...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 2:00pm
Miguel, Does IMDB PRO say anything about Hop 2 or Yogi Bear 2? I think that would be the clearest indicator of how high the chance is that there will be a Smurfs 2...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 2:37pm
Bottom line: Smurfs is not #1 at the box office; Razzie members rejoice and prepare to vote for it either way.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Miguel, Does IMDB PRO say anything about Hop 2 or Yogi Bear 2? I think that would be the clearest indicator of how high the chance is that there will be a Smurfs 2...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Brace-Yourselves-Warner-Bros-Is-Unleashing-Yogi-Bear-2-Upon-The-World-24927.html

Also Miguel don't use that sorry excuse for this film's box office!Wink
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 4:28pm
I predict the next cartoon series to have a piece of s*** movie adaptation: The Snorks! It will be exactly the same as this movie, but will place in LA instead of NYC!
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 6:02pm
Here's my Razzie-prediction, a live-action version of Wacky Races. Where they have Dastardly being played by Jason Statham and Muttley will be CGI'd. Plus, it will parody Death Race, The Cannonball Run, and The Fast and the Furious. That's crap, I know, but it will be good enough for a Razzie.
Pictures move, do they?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 7:30pm
I'm betting on Smurf's vs. Aliens
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 8:47pm
In the spirit of the upcoming Olympic games,I foresee a Laff-A-Lympics movie as well, with H-Wood cramming as many Hanna Barbera characters into one movie as they can!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 7:36am
I don't think that Cracked liked this: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-smurfs-worst-movie-ever/
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>