Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on SMURFS 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D
    Posted: August 02 2011 at 5:29pm
Worst movie ever? Wow, this is seriously gonna sweep the awards this year.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 5:31pm
Poor saturnwatcher is gonna to have to go all "Clockwork Orange" now.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 7:17pm
*sings* I'll have a blu-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-e Christmas.....  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 7:27pm
Adaptations from old cartoons have gone far enough here. The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000), The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000), Scooby Doo (2002), Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004), The Pink Panther (2006), Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006), TMNT (2007), Alvin & the Chipmunks (2007), Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009), The Pink Panther 2 (2009), Yogi Bear (2010), and now this.

Not to mention the Smurfs already have quite the record with those who hate sugary children's cereal. They were so processed that something really disgusting happened back in 1983. Just go ahead and tell them about that whole fiasco with Smurf Berry Cruch, Mr. Burn! You seem at least old enough to have seen what went haywire!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 7:58pm
You meant a "smurfing" good Christmas, right?  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

*sings* I'll have a bluuuuuuuuuuuue Christmas.....
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 8:01pm
Why did you omit the two "Garfield" movies, the one "GI Joe" movie, and three "Bayformers" movies from that list of s***? In other words, the past decade has been one "raping of childhood memories" after another, with no end in sight!  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Adaptations from old cartoons have gone far enough here. The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000), The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000), Scooby Doo (2002), Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004), The Pink Panther (2006), Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006), TMNT (2007), Alvin & the Chipmunks (2007), Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009), The Pink Panther 2 (2009), Yogi Bear (2010), and now this.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 8:24pm
These lists make me want to cry tears of blood. But it could be worse, I could be like saturnwatcher come this Christmas season, as he hears a continous loop of "LALALALALALA-LALALALALA" within his head!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 9:50pm
I shall do unto you as I'd have you do unto me: Not leave your questions unanswered. The firstGarfield film (2004) never caught my attention. It was considered for the 2004 RAZZIES, but wasn't named to my Bottom 30 for that year. And I thought Transformers and GI Joe were toys LONG before they were cartoons, where as the films I listed above I was sure started out as cartoons. Again, I was focusing all on cartoons rather than toys or games. By the way, I liked Transformers 1, but hated the other two.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Why did you omit the two "Garfield" movies, the one "GI Joe" movie, and three "Bayformers" movies from that list of s***? In other words, the past decade has been one raping of childhood memories after the other, with no end to it in sight!

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 10:40pm
True, Transformers and G.I. JOE were toys before they became cartoons.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2011 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by jesse685

True, Transformers and G.I. JOE were toys before they became cartoons.
Well, if you want to be all technical like that, wasn't "Pink Panter" just a mascot for a product? And wasn't "Garfield" a comic strip first? And wasn't "Alvin And The Chipmucks" a novelity album first? My point: it doesn't matter what they were before their cartoon series. In the end, all of the movies that GTAHater and Burn listed had a popular cartoon series at one point, and these unwatchable movies were made because of the fanbases that were created by those TV series, regardless of what form of media that they were originally created for. Burn is right, "Bayformers" and "GI Hoe" count. And "Garfield" doesn't get excused either, just because those movies slipped by GTAHater (no offense to you though).
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 2:08am
This movie should come out smelling like Blue RAZZberries...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Vits

Don't forget little kids can't necessarily tell a bad movie from a good one.

Neither can movie producers...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 4:02am
I was wondering what color a Smurf might turn when you're choking it...
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Sofunny

You've got to be smurfing kidding me. How annoying is it that they substitute real words for smurf-isms. I do not think I can possibly sit through this movie.

It's a very traumatic experience. It gets you to the point where you are practically in fear of having to suffer through the next terribly off-turning twist/performance, which happens every few seconds, interrupting being bored. Absolutely loathsome.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Razzilla

I was wondering what color a Smurf might turn when you're choking it...
Actually, according to an (very) old Cartoon Network ad, the Smurfs are green, it's just that you have to adjust the color settings to your TV.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2011 at 11:25am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I don't think that Cracked liked this: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-smurfs-worst-movie-ever/

Cracked isn't far off in that assumption: http://blip.tv/the-cinema-snob/the-smurfs-review-5424649

Seriously, what happened to children's movies these days?
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>