Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on SMURFS 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D
    Posted: July 25 2011 at 8:42am
HOW MUCH DO YOU HATE IT?  

HERE's WHERE to RANT 'TILL YER BLUE in the FACE ABOUT HOW LOATHSOME YOU THINK the BERRY EXISTENCE of SMURFS 3-D IS... 

AND, SPEAKING of RANTS, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY's TAKE on the FILM AS WELL... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 11:56am

It's starting out by smelling of rotten blueberries. The first review on Rotten T is negative!

The fact they'd make a movie like this makes me want to bulldoze the Smurf's tree territory and steal all the Smurfberries. Just one Smurfberry would be enough to power a large elementary school for 2 months.

And don't forget: The Smurfs replace every noun, verb, and adjective with "Smurf". I can only guess how unpleasant that can get. Even the Marklars replaced only nouns with Marklar; they didn't do that for verbs and adjectives.

And if they're blue, and "Smurf" rhymes with surf, why are they so rarely seen in water?

By the way, everyone: merry Christmas in July!
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 12:42pm
I really dislike this movie.... I don't like the cartoons... But I however can't dislike the comics (and therefor I can't dislike The Smurfs)...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 1:04pm
So that's it? This is what kiddie movies will be from now on?Live-action movies with one or more CG characters who go to either New York or L.A. to melt somebody's heart? And at some point they sing and/or play instruments?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 1:06pm
We all know that this is another cash cow ripped off from our childhoods like Yogi Bear, Alvin and the Chipmunks, or Trannies...  
Pictures move, do they?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 3:14pm
I wish Head Razz hadn't locked his rant on the Smurf's because I wanted to applaud his remarks there. 

I, TOO, HATE THE SMURFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THEM! Did I mention that I hate the Smurfs? I don't usually use the word "hate," because it should convey a very powerful emotion. In this case, I have one. I HATE THE SMURFS. 

Oh...btw...there is a new installment of Alvin coming out, too...I think it is called Chipwrecked. I wish I were kidding.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's the LINK to read my remarks that Saturnwatcher is referred to above. 

FYI: We now "lock" the various Forum pages in addition to our Member Discussion (My Take, Cast & Credits, Official Site, Reviews, Box Office, etc.) because this allows us to append paid advertising to those pages, and thus compensate the guy who does most of the tech work to keep our site going...  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 8:28pm

The way I see it, it's gonna be hard for this movie to grab a Razzie nomination with 'Zookeeper', 'The Roommate', two Sandler/Dugan projects ('Jack & Jill' and 'Just Go With It'), three threequels ('Big Momma's House 3', 'Transformers 3' and 'Alvin 3') and two fourquels ('Spy Kids 4' and 'Twilight 4') in the hunt.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 9:44pm
Yes, Vits, you hit the nail on the head. This how EVERY kiddie movie plays out nowadays.

1. Cute creature or child is down on his/her/its luck, and moves away from his/her/its home.
2. Cute creature or child meets an adult human who is also down on his/her luck with their life.
3. Adult human doesn't like cute creature or child until adult human realizes that cute creature or child can help him/her reach his/her main goal in life.
4. Cute creature or child happily help the adult human, not realizing he/she/it is being used, while the adult human starts to enjoy the company or cute creature of child.
5. Adult human reaches life goal, but cute creature or child realized he/she/it was being used the whole time and flees from adult human.
6. Cute creature or child gets into trouble and is saved at the zero hour by adult human, who confesses his/her love of the cute creature or child, even if it means giving up on his/her life goal.
7. Cute creature or child and adult human live happily ever after as a loving family.

Rinse and repeat.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 9:46pm
Oh, I'm sure this can be squeezed into the Worst Remake/Reboot/Rip-Off category, so long as Worst Sequel/Prequel is its own category. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

The way I see it, it's gonna be hard for this movie to grab a Razzie nomination with 'Zookeeper', 'The Roommate', two Sandler/Dugan projects ('Jack & Jill' and 'Just Go With It'), three threequels ('Big Momma's House 3', 'Transformers 3' and 'Alvin 3') and two fourquels ('Spy Kids 4' and 'Twilight 4') in the hunt.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 10:37pm
Just so everyone is aware...I hate the smurfs.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 11:01pm
Why does S**t-Wood continue to rape "Kiddie Lit" like this, they should give respect to the original source material. Also, Sony Pictures Animation (who majorly contributed to this piece of s**t) have Arthur Christmas coming soon and could become a potential family disaster later this year.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 3:33am
Katy Perry is in this. As a voice, sure, but she is still a possible Razzie target, especially since her husband is not having a good year either, movie wise...    

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 4:43am
Because S***-Wood, as you put it, is in the "raping of Kiddie Lit" business. In case you haven't noticed, just about every beloved cartoon of the 60s, 70s, and 80s either has been adapated into a hybrid CGI/live action movie this past decade, or will be adapted in this current decade. Why? Because there's profit in it. S***-Wood knows the children who watched these cartoon series are now grown-up and probably have children of their own. Chances are, these new parents would like to relive their childhood and pass it down to their own children by seeing a movie adaptation of their beloved cartoon of choice. But sadly, as you pointed out, S***-Wood takes many, many, MANY liberties with these adaptations, and the end result are festering turds that are related to the cartoon series in name and characters only. And like everything else in S***-Wood, the only way to make this stop is for millions of movie-goers to stop paying to see these festering turds. However, thanks to the reboot, it might not stop the production of future adaptations, and might instead result in a more brooding, serious, "post 9/11 attitude version" of future adaptations. 

Yeah, sucks, don't it?  

Originally posted by jesse685

Why does S**t-Wood continue to rape "Kiddie Lit" like this, they should give respect to the original source material.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 7:43am
Where this movie is concerned, you can't accuse Hollywood of raping kiddie lit. That would be like a prostitute complaining of being raped because the check bounced. By the way...I HATE THE SMURFS!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 8:03am
In the trailer, there's a scene (which actually is kind of funny) where Neil Patrick Harris complains about the Smurfs' word-plays. At least they're doing some justice by admitting that.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 11:16am
Here's a little video that has saturnwatcher in mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfKeyAQydiU

I do wish this becomes a new Internet meme for all s*** movies!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>