Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on SMURFS 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D
    Posted: July 27 2011 at 5:45pm
In that case, I'll update my front-runners immediately... 

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 6:34pm
Sounds like someone needs to have his survival bag ready, his escape vehicle fueled up, and his fallout shelter fully stocked!   

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I am truly horrified. The prospect that I may have to spend a considerable portion of the early part of 2012 watching Asshole Shrugged, The Often Defeated and The Smurfs is suddenly leaving me hoping the Mayans really did correctly predict apocalypse...well, at least that they only missed it by about 11 months.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 9:43pm
@Saturnwatcher: The 2012 thing still needs various other things to happen, both movie and non-movie related.  The new Seltzerberg film isn't enough. Movie related, Baby Geniuses 3, Keanu Bebop, the live action Evangelion, and a Turbo Teen movie must be released before 12/21/2012.  The first three are in Development Hell (and the director of Baby Geniuses was killed by a drunk driver) and the latter...well, it may be developed in the future considering the existence of the Yogi and Smurfs, but there are other things to be butchered first.  These include Augie Doggie, Huckleberry Hound, Yakky Doodle, Shazzam, Space Ghost, Birdman, etc...and I am fully convinced some of these will occur in the near future...

Non-movie related includes all three professional sports teams winning championships, the Cubs winning the 2012 World Series, an IHOP in Dayton, OH...anyway, back to the topic at hand.

The Smurfs are the movie I wish could be frontrunner at the next Razzie awards.  These blue critters were something I did like to watch as a kid, from the origin of Smurfette to the one with the leaf pen that always answered questions to the Christmas episodes.  One episode I remember in particular was The Kaplowey Scroll, which had a magic word that made things disappear whenever the word was uttered. 

Sigh, if only I could KAPLOWEY! away this movie.  Then again, if it disappeared, we wouldn't be able to Razz it!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 10:00pm
It bottomed out at 0% at Rotten T. Alas, I believe I'm recommending this for Worst Screenplay in the front runners topic. How many more half-live-action Hanna Barbera movies are they going to make before the end of 2012? What does Dayton, Ohio have to do with IHOP? And I don't think I could bear to watch the 2 Tea Party limited releases, let alone The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D. And they'll probably can Baby Geniuses 3.

This is my 800th post!
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 11:15pm
OK, what's next...The Banana Splits movie?????
2013's WORST PIC-After Earth ACTOR-Jaden Smith & Johnny Depp ACTRESS-Lindsay Lohan! SUP ACTRESS--Kim Kardashian! SUP ACTOR-Chris Brown DIRECTOR--Good "Night"! SCREAMPLAY--The Lone Ranger.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 4:41am

Here's a bit of trivia for y'all - Originally Quentin Tarantino was going to voice one of the Smurfs(!) 

All I can say is,  "Well done for backing out, Quentin." 

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 5:21pm
R.T.(9-13%):"It assembles an undeniably talented cast of voice actors and live-action stars,and then crushes them beneath a blue mound of lowest-common-denominator kiddie fare".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 5:41pm
1. Yeah, hopefully those three you said are in development hell will stay there forever. As for "Turbo Teen", if it deals with something transforming into a car, H-Wood would be willing to do it, except the movie would have to address an issue that is no doubt on many people's mind ... if the guy turns into a car when he becomes hot, what happens if he has sex?

2. Cartoon Network's adult swim has already done Space Ghost and Birdman as parodies, and I doubt anyone remembers the shows that those characters were originally based on. As for the other characters you listed, they are the bottom of the barrel in terms of being pop culture favorites.

Originally posted by Berrynoia

1. Movie related, Baby Geniuses 3, Keanu Bebop, the live action Evangelion, and a Turbo Teen movie must be released before 12/21/2012.  The first three are in Development Hell (and the director of Baby Geniuses was killed by a drunk driver) and the latter...well, it may be developed in the future considering the existence of the Yogi and Smurfs, but there are other things to be butchered first. 

2. These include Augie Doggie, Huckleberry Hound, Yakky Doodle, Shazzam, Space Ghost, Birdman, etc...and I am fully convinced some of these will occur in the near future...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 7:28pm
I'm just gonna say it right off the bat: I actually liked [adult swim]'s Space Ghost and Harvey Birdman.
Pictures move, do they?
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 10:47pm
Harvey Birdman was hit-or-miss, but Space Ghost: Coast to Coast was/is still one of the funniest shows on adult swim. 

As for this movie... f**k this two bit horsesh*t of a movie, I still can't believe Neil Patrick Harris is in this sh*t.

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 1:59am
Yeah, Harris is a good actor and deserves better. Speaking of him, he was on Hamish and Andy's Gap Year and he did a parody of Indiana Jones, renaming himself Neil Patrick Harrison Ford. I thought it was funny.  

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

I still can't believe Neil Patrick Harris is in this sh*t.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 2:09pm
Bad news: This movie was #1 on Friday! Good news: It was only $13 million!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 2:35pm
It appears this will wind up around 20% at R.T.    

Originally posted by Vits

R.T.(9-13%):"It assembles an undeniably talented cast of voice actors and live-action stars,and then crushes them beneath a blue mound of lowest-common-denominator kiddie fare".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 3:12pm
Can you provide a link for the Friday box office numbers?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK for Friday, July 29 -- SMURFS beat out COWBOYS & ALIENS both in total gross and per-screen average...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 3:23pm
You could also try checking it at IMDb.com...
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 9:24am
Here's an interesting line from this article: "Critics are calling for The Smurfs to lead the 2011 Razzies already"

Unfortunately, it has grossed $36.2 million and is in a dead heat with Cowboys & Aliens.  In time, it will probably make a profit and we may eventually have to endure two sequels.

Do you think we may be having a Blue & Gold Razzie Ceremony soon?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>