Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on SMURFS 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of SMURFS 3-D
    Posted: August 09 2011 at 1:45pm
I was just checking the "New Dates & Changes"-section at Box Office Mojo... And guess which movie has just been anounced...

Originally posted by moviewizguy

It's just parents taking their kids to see it. I'm sad that it actually made a lot of money -- They'll probably announce a sequel within a month.  
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 7:15pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 11:14pm
This is all i have to say about this:

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/the-7murfs.html
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 6:26pm
My friends and I have noticed these live action movies about 80s cartoons are all the same: There's a guy who wants to pitch an idea to his boss at work, but he is rejected. Then he meets a talking animal(s) or fairytale creature(s), and the animal(s)/creature(s) help him with his idea, which becomes a success, and everyone lives happily ever after. 

It's so "lather, rinse, repeat"!  

"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 10:25pm
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: On Wikipedia's list of the top 10 grossing films of 2011, The Smurfs 3D has just replaced X-Men: First Class for the #10 spot. Now Dark of the Moon, On Stranger Tides, and The Hangover Part II have some very stiff competition for "Worst Film Everyone Saw." The only arguments left for Dark of the Moon being a Worst Picture finalist besides the front-of-camera work, are the squandered potential, and Michael Bay's half-baked keeping of promises.  On Stranger Tides and The Hangover Part II don't stand a chance in the 2011 RAZZIE race at this point.

Personally, I feel the same way Cartman did when Terrance & Phillip was replaced with She's the Sheriff in Episode 106.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 5:30am
A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-H!!!
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 7:55am
Since Wikipedia isn't reliable, here's a B.O. MoJo link to show that what GTA read on WikiPedia is not true...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Vits

Since Wikipedia isn't reliable, here's a B.O. MoJo link to show that what GTA read on WikiPedia is not true...  

I think the confusion stems from the fact that Wikipedia's Top 10 list is for planetary grosses, but your link is for domestic grosses. I was sure the planetary grosses were the most important...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 4:49pm
Yes.Worldwide is what counts.I made a mistake.And the way HeadRAZZ edited my post(originally it said "here's the link to see if what he says it's right")makes it sound a little harsh.Anyway,this is the right link.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 8:28pm
Further proof that all children's movies are now the same:

Wow, Hollywood writers are lazy!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 9:40am
That's right.The reason why family movies don't get razzed so often is probably because they're all the same movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2011 at 2:28pm
I just saw it,but won't review it.

I could go on about how unfunny and lazy it is,or that the FX suck,but you all know that.I could discuss that today it surpassed $500 Million at the box office,entering the Top 100 of the highest grossing films ever,but I don't think I feel different about it than all of you.Instead,I'll point out things no one else has:
-Parents take their kids to see these movies because they think it's harmless.The joke's on them.There's a scene in a mall where THE SMURFS are mistasken for toys,and the children practically destroy the store trying to get them.
-Some movies have animal cruelty and don't seem to notice.Here,they actually say it,and keep doing it!
-We've discussed innouendo in children movies.Here,one of THE SMURFS refers to his pubes as "enchanted forest".I rest my case.

I give this 1/10(could've been 0).

F.Y.C.:
-Actor;Supp. Actor:Not Jonathan Winters,Anton Yelchin,Fred Armisen,Alan Cumming or Tim Gunn.Nothing wrong with them.Nor Hank Azaria,he's the best part,just as he was in HOP.But Neil Patrick Harris has been setting the bar for him berry high these past few years,so the fact he's hamming it up in what I believe it's his first lead role is deserving of a Razzie(I haven't seen BEASTLY yet).And George Lopez as well for being obviously miscast.And he was also miscast in RIO(he played a brazilian character with a mexican accent!).
-Actress;Supp. Actress:Not Sofia Vergara,nothing wrong with her.Nor Kety Perry,she's actually quite decent.But Jayma Mays is as weak as Harris.
-Director:Yes.A few years ago,the AV Club made a list of the worst directors nobody knows,and Raja Gosnell was in it.I thought "He makes bad movies,but he isn't that bad".But this movie had painfully non-sensical shots,and until the credits I thought this was a first time director.
-Screenplay:Yes.Wait...is there one?
-Couple/Ensemble:No.The whole cast doesn't have to suffer because of the few bad ones.And,although Harris and Mays have no chemistry,their relationship development isn't important to the overall plot.What is important is their relationship with THE SMURFS,which is berry undeveloped,but that would sound too similar to...well,why we wanted Worst Ensemble in the first place.
-Picture:Yes.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2011 at 11:16am
I just survived this. I'll post a review sometime this weekend.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 5:03pm
Man, this was a bad movie.

The good:

Hank Azaria: Azaria plays Gargamel, who wants to capture the Smurfs. Since this would cause them harm, he was my favorite character. In addition, he gets all the good lines.

Neil Patrick Harris: Harris is better here than he was in Beastly.

The bad:

Katy Perry: Perry is bland here as Smurfette. The only reason she got this part was because of blatant stunt casting.

Fred Armison: Armison plays Brainy Smurf, my least favorite Smurf. He was exceptionally annoying. Also, for some reason, Armison plays a cashier in a toy store.

The script: Fun fact: this movie had four credited writers. How the f*ck could a movie this bland require four goddamn writers?!?

The ugly:

Jayma Mays: Mays is very annoying here as NPH's pregnant wife. This isn't her worst movie though, as she was in... Epic Movie! (Duh duh duh!!!)

The product placement: This has some of the most blatant product placement this side of a Michael Bay movie! Blu-Ray, Blue Man Group, etc. But, the absolute worst would have to be the Guitar Hero scene. They play Run-DMC's version of Walk This Way and this is DMC's lowest moment since JMJ died*.

Raja Gosnell: When one of your best movies is Big Momma's House, you should just throw in the towel.

As bad as the original cartoon was, it's not as bad this movie. Is it me or is the only good thing to come from The Smurfs the Smurfs scene from Donnie Darko? Grade: D+

*I'm going to hell for that one.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456