Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS of OUR 2013 RAZZIE® CHOICES > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of POSSIBLE 2013 RAZZIE® CHOICES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBERS' Discussion of SPRING WORST PIX PICKS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBERS' Discussion of SPRING WORST PIX PICKS
    Posted: March 20 2013 at 7:51am
SPRING 2013
WORST PICTURE "FRONT-RUNNERS"

WITH 2013 ABOUT 1/4 "OVER," WE'RE A LITTLE "OVER-ANXIOUS" to SEE WHAT OUR FORUM MEMBERS CONSIDER 2-B the YEAR's BERRY WORST...SO FAR. 

TO HELP YOU DECIDE, HERE's the LINK for OUR 2013 ELIGIBLE RELEASES LIST, and THIS YEAR's FORUM DISCUSSIONS, ALREADY in PROGRESS...  

NOTE: INCLUSION in THIS LIST DOES NOT IN ANY WAY "GUARANTEE" INCLUSION on THIS YEAR's 34th ANNUAL RAZZIE® AWARDS NOMINATING BALLOT... 

IT's JUST for FUN -- So... 

HERE's WHERE to SUPPORT YOUR CHOICE (and/or DISCUSS the CHOICES LISTED) AT LENGTH... 

ENJOY!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 8:11am
It seems a bit early to be conducting this poll, since I hope (and expect) far worse bad movies will come out between now and December 31. 

But of the films listed, I had to vote for DIE HARD #5 -- A sorry entry in one of my favorite franchises that managed to be crapped on by critics and bomb at the box office. Since it stars past Razzie "winner" Bruce Willis, I'd say it meets all three criteria HeadRazz listed in his commentary on The Call (LINK) that make for strong Razzie contenders...  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 8:20am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: DIE HARD #5 does seem to be a Forum Members' "favorite," since it already has a Member-Started Forum (LINK). I must admit that I have not yet seen DH5 (and as a fan of the franchise, I am not looking forward to it).  At this point, I plan to catch it later this year On Demand, so I can pause and "recover" every time it stumbles...which I understand is berry often... 

As for it being too early for the poll, more than 140 film have been released already this year (LINK for Eligible 2013 Releases List ) and the first few months of any year tend to be the "dumping ground" for movies the studios themselves consider to be likely duds (i.e. RAZZIE® Contenders).  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 9:56am
I voted for Movie 43, because it really is a movie that doesn't even try, and wastes audiences' time and resources -- not to mention brain-cells!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 1:16pm
I have yet to see a movie I'd consider for Worst Picture in 2013. But it's partly laziness on my part, since GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD was in theaters here in Chile...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BlackRose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BlackRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 2:47pm
I didn't vote in the poll because I haven't seen any of the listed choices. The kind of movies that come out during the first part of the year aren't worth paying movie theater prices to see, so I usually wait 'till I can see 'em on Pay-Per-View (when it costs only four to six bucks for my entire family to see 'em).  This year's January-to-March titles are no exception...

I enjoy a good movie, but if it's the right one, I LOVE a BAD MOVIE!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2013 at 9:58am
2013 is just under 1/4 over (1/3 would be around the turn of April/May, over a month from now).  

Anyway, I voted for Movie 43, with A Good Day to Die Hard being a close second. Dead Man Down and The Call got mostly average reviews, so I don't think they'll stand a chance by the beginning of 2014.

If I have to pick 5 films for Worst Picture of New Year's Day through the Vernal Equinox, they'd be, in order of release date...

Texas Chainsaw 3D 
A Haunted House 
Movie 43 
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters  
A Good Day to Die Hard 

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 3:15pm
I think none of them come anywhere close to InAPPropriate Comedy with RAZZIE winners Rob Schneider and Lindsay Lohan

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 3:19pm
Yeah, JoeBacon, this poll was made before Headrazz knew that InAPPropriate Comedy would be eligible.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 3:28pm
oiram, I'd rather watch CSPAN coverage of CPAC than watch Rob Schneider, Lindsay Lohan and Adrian Brody out-asshole each other.
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 4:52pm
Hell, I'd even watch Twilight S.B.D. #2 again than see that piece-of-sh*t again.  

Originally posted by JoeBacon

oiram, I'd rather watch CSPAN coverage of CPAC than watch Rob Schneider, Lindsay Lohan and Adrian Brody out-asshole each other.

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply