Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THAT'S MY BOY!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of THAT'S MY BOY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of THAT'S MY BOY
    Posted: June 14 2012 at 11:31am
Personally, I think that Nicolas Cage should get Worst Actor this year. Haven't we already dishonored Sandler enough?  
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 12:16pm
For me, Cage's performance in GHOST RIDER 2 is his worst so far (the one in THE WICKER MAN is his funniest). Meanwhile, Sandler (just like Eddie Murphy) feels a lot more comfortable when let loose in an R-rated movie than restrained in a G or PG-rated movie. So maybe Sandler will be good it won't be Sandler's worst performance.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 12:39pm
There is no such thing.

Originally posted by oiram

We've already dishonored Sandler enough.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 6:56pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 6:57pm
R.T. (15-20%): "While it does represent a new foray into raunch for the normally PG-13 Sandler, the film finds him repeating himself to diminishing effect... and dragging Andy Samberg down with him". That implies that Samberg isn't bad, right?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 8:20pm
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 10:13pm
It's now at 15% on the Tomatometer. I got a feeling that we're going to celebrate another cinematic crepitation from the Crappy Madison Cheese Company!

This time, Sandler may be spared because of the competion from CROCK OF AGES! Wink
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 4:03pm

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 8:23pm
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 8:56pm
One bottle wasn't enough. Jeremy needed a whole case to get through this MESSTERPIECE!

Leaves me in such anticipation of the next pair of turkeys this has-been is producing!

First--Adam Sandler's "Candyland". I'm sure that Sandler and his writing "Partner" will insert a couple Hershey Highway jokes into this:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1924441/news/1924441/weekly-ketchup-adam-sandler-to-conquer-emcandy-landem/

And next--Adam Sandler presents The Tonka Trucks Movie...Given his track record, I predict that Sandler will go TRUCK himself over this:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tonka/news/1925395/weekly_ketchup_adam_sandler_to_produce_tonka_trucks_movie/

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:44am
It looks like the public is as feed up with Sandler as we are: it came in FOURTH place! It got beat by Madagascar 3, Prometheus, and Rock Of Ages. I wouldn't be surprised if SWATH surpasses it for overall weekend results. (Edit: and I'm right!)

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 10:22am
THIS JUST IN: With the release of B.O. Guess-timates for Father's Day weekend, it's official -- THAT'S MY BOY has now qualified on All 3 of the Main Criteria for being a "Surefire RAZZIE® Contender": In addition to the fact that it has a Major RAZZIE® Pedigree (LINKand it's decidedly "Rotten" Rating at R.T. (LINK) it is now also A Major Box Office Bomb (LINK) coming in an embarrassing FIFTH PLACE for its Opening Weekend, taking in about HALF of what JACK & JILL opened to last November (LINK). 

Looks like MY BOY is now all but a "lock" to take one of our five Worst Picture slots next January... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 11:45am
Sounds good. People seem to have had enough of Sandler's crap.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 11:55am
Who was the genius who thought it would be a good idea to release a movie about a broken father-son relationship on Father's Day?! As for ROCK OF AGES... maybe the Jukebox Musical craze is about the variety. Both GLEE and SMASH have music of every genre and from every decade. So a Musical with only '80s Rock may not sound so appealing to younger movie-goers.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Vits

Who was the genius who thought it would be a good idea to release a movie about a broken father-son relationship on Father's Day?!
The same genius who thought that Adam Sandler in a dress was the height of comedic genius.

As for ROCK OF AGES... maybe the Jukebox Musical craze is about the variety. Both GLEE and SMASH have music of every genre and from every decade. So a Musical with only '80s Rock may not sound so appealing to the youngsters.

Another problem with Rock Of Ages is that most of the '80s music they used sucked. When you're making a musical, Poison, Extreme, Warrant, Whitesnake, Starship, and especially Bon Jovi are not the bands you want.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 8:10pm
Vits: Hopefully "the genius" was a soon-to-be-unemployed studio executive...  

ROCK OF AGES... maybe the Jukebox Musical craze is about the variety. Both GLEE and SMASH have music of every genre and from every decade. So a Musical with only '80s Rock may not sound so appealing to the youngsters. 

80's music sucked dead elephant lungs! CROCK OF AGES deserves to be nominated for WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (as a remake/rip-off of 1980's THE CRAPPLE)!   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those unfamiliar with Joe's reference, here's an IMDb LINK for THE APPLE...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>