Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > THE HOST (from Stephenie Meyer!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of THE HOST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of THE HOST
    Posted: March 29 2013 at 5:13am
KrisStewart: As your Username clearly implies, you are obsessed with Meyer and the awful TWILIGHT movies made from her piddling works of fiction. Yes, TWILIGHT does have a loyal and vocal fan-base, but that speaks more to the middling minds of her many minions than it does to the quality of what Meyer writes. At one point earlier in the week, HOST got all they way down to 6% positive (aka 94% NEGATIVE) at R.T. 

We here at the Razzies are hardly alone in our disdain for what you hold so dear.  You have every right to adore drek -- But we have every right to disagree with you.
krisstewart View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisstewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 5:07am
As a fan of Stephenie Meyer's fine works of fiction, I am offended that you Razzie jerks seem to pick on everything the woman does. With no more Twilight movies to look forward to this year, I expect The Host will be one of my favorite movies of 2013 -- and you people can all go off and play with yourselves (which I'm sure you are all accustomed to doing)!

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 7:42am
I didn't DEMAND Headrazz to make a Forum now, I was just letting him know that the G.I. Joe: Retaliation's reviews were not as positive as they had originally seemed.

Of course, he can do a Forum on it next week... 

Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un and the GOP
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 7:01am
Yes! 3 forums in one week!

I have the feeling that even "Twi-Hards" have doubts about this movie -- They're probably thinking, "Another Stephanie Meyer movie? Isn't it too soon?".

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

THE PLOT APPEARS to BE an "HOMAGE" (WHICH, WE LIKE to POINT OUT, IS a FRENCH WORD for "RIP-OFF") of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS -- THE "TWIST" HERE BEING THAT, AS SEEMS to BE the CASE WITH ALL of MEYER's WORKS, EVERYONE AFFECTED by the PLOT LOOKS LIKE a SUPERMODEL...and SEEMS to HAVE the ACTING TALENTS of ONE.

This also reminds of the recent remake of THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. By playing an alien, Keanu Reeves had the perfect excuse to be bland. This movie might give that same excuse to its cast, depending on how much Diane Kruger, Frances Fisher and William Hurt want to be a part of this.

By the way, Emily Browning (who was in major Razzie consideration back in 2011), is also in this movie. But I think it's just a cameo role.  

Originally posted by oiram

I knew that this was not going to turn out well, not just because of Meyer, but also because of the writer/director Andrew Niccol. His last movie was also his first truly awful one, In Time

Is Niccol a 1-hit wonder (as a director, I mean). After writing and directing GATTACA, he only wrote (but did not direct) TRUMAN SHOW. Since then, the only good movies he's worked on (THE TERMINAL and LORD OF WAR) weren't as mind-challenging as those first films. Whenever he's tried to make anything like his first movies, he disappointed: S1M0NE, the aforemented IN TIME, and now this. 

Poor Oscar nominated Saoirse Ronan, I guess you are getting a possible Lindsay Lohan I Know You Killed Me type nomination this year.

If she can still be good in bad movies like THE LOVELY BONES, maybe she can save this. 

EDIT: I know this is a little off topic, but G.I. Joe: Retaliation is now down at a 39%. That is not a good sign.

I think 4 new Official Forums in just one week is too much to ask. Maybe it can be the Worst Leftover Movie next week? With EVIL DEAD and TRANCE getting early positive reviews, it seems like there may not be a new "bad movie" next week. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 5:57am
WOW! That was QUICK! Anyways, I knew that this was not going to turn out well, not just because of Meyer, but also because of the writer/director Andrew Niccol. His last movie was also his first truly awful one, In Time, so that old saying lives on.*

Poor Oscar nominated Saoirse Ronan, I guess you are getting a possible Lindsay Lohan I Know You Killed Me type nomination this year.

You know, I just thought of something: Jeremy Irons was in Beautiful Creatures, which did not get the best of reviews. His son, Max Irons, is in THIS movie as one of the love interests.

Could Jeremy and Max both be candidates for Worst Supporting Actor?

*The old saying I am talking about is "You are only as good as your last movie."
EDIT: I know this is a little off topic, but G.I. Joe: Retaliation is now down at a 39%. That is not a good sign.

Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un and the GOP
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 5:33am

TO US, STEPHENIE MEYER's WRITING IS the LITERARY EQUIVALENT of LICORICE -- PEOPLE WHO LIKE IT REALLY LIKE IT...BUT the REST of US DON'T GET WHAT THERE IS to EVEN LIKE.

WITH HER TWILIGHT NOVELS and FILMS, MEYER STAKED OUT a PLACE AS ONE of the 21st CENTURY's BEST-SELLING (and MOST WIDELY DERIDED) AUTHORS. SO, OF COURSE, ANYTHING BESIDES TWILIGHT THAT SHE WROTE WOULD BE ASSUMED to HAVE HUGE BOX OFFICE POTENTIAL.

BUT the LATEST MOVIE from a MEYER BOOK, THE HOST, COULD GO EITHER WAY BOX OFFICE-WISE:
R.T. REVIEWS HAVE BEEN FAIRLY BRUTAL, GIVING the FILM a ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING ABOUT  50% LOWER THAN the FINAL (and MUTLIPLE RAZZIE "WINNING"TWILIGHT MOVIE. 

PLUS, ADVANCE WORD-of-MOUTH (IF IMDb POSTINGS ARE ANY INDICATION) IS TEPID at BEST. 

THE PLOT APPEARS to BE an "HOMAGE" (WHICH, WE LIKE to POINT OUT, IS a FRENCH WORD for "RIP-OFF") of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS -- THE "TWIST" HERE BEING THAT, AS SEEMS to BE the CASE WITH ALL of MEYER's WORKS, EVERYONE AFFECTED by the PLOT LOOKS LIKE a SUPERMODEL...and SEEMS to HAVE the ACTING TALENTS of ONE. 

SO, IS THE HOST YET ANOTHER EXCUSE for US to RAZZ SOMETHING ALL THOSE 13 and 53 YEAR OLD FEMALE MEYER FANS WILL LOATHE US for MAKING FUN OF??

GIVE US YOUR TAKE BELOW...

TO GIVE YOU INFO (and AMMO) for YOUR POST, HERE's the LINK for OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on the FILM...  

...and, to HOPEFULLY GIVE YOU a CHUCKLE, HERE's the LINK for OUR FOTO FUNNY on the FILM.  

NOW IT's TIME for YOU to THANK YOUR "HOST"....and POST!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12