Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > Tyler Perry's SINGLE MOMS CLUB
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of TP's SINGLE MOMS CLUB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of TP's SINGLE MOMS CLUB
    Posted: March 11 2014 at 9:07am

IS IT JUST US, or DOES IT APPEAR THAT SOMEONE HAS GRADED the TRAILER ABOVE...and GIVEN IT an "F"!! 

SINCE IT's BEEN at LEAST 3 WEEKS SINCE the RAZZIE® "WINNING" A MADEA CHRISTMAS LEFT THEATRES, IT's TIME for the PROLIFIC  TYLER PERRY to POOP OUT ANOTHER MOVIE... 

...and SINGLE MOMS CLUB, in WHICH PERRY AT LEAST RESISTS DONNING the WIG and DRESS (HEY, with HIS MOVIES, YOU'VE GOTTA COUNT YER BLESSINGS WHERE YOU CAN) TYLER TAKES on the ROLE of an IRRESISTIBLE HUNK-o-MANHOOD WHO's LIKE CATNIP for the LADIES of the FILM's TITLE. 

WE ALL KNOW THAT, BEING a TYLER PERRY TITLE, THIS PROBABLY COST ABOUT $10 MILLION to MAKE and WILL PROBABLY TAKE in ABOUT $50 MILLION DOMESTIC (YA GOTTA ADMIT, TYLER's FORMULA DOES WORK) SO IT WON'T QUALIFY for RAZZIES® WHERE the BOX OFFICE IS CONCERNED, BUT IT SURE LOOKS LIKELY to QUALIFY for EVERY OTHER MEASURE by WHICH RAZZIE® NOMINEES ARE DETERMINED, and COULD HELP LAND PERRY HIS UMPTEENTH WORST DIRECTOR NOMINATION...

JUST for GIGGLES, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM...

...and HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE ON IT (Featuring LYNX to Reviews, Grosses, Official Promo's and Cetera). 

WE'D SAY OUR USUAL 
"ENJOY!" 
...BUT THIS IZ a TYLER PERRY MOVIE, SO... 

(NOTE:  THIS WEEK, WE'RE ALSO DISCUSSING NEED FOR SPEED, WHICH OPENS the SAME DAY...LINK)

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 9:21am
Two questions:

1: Will Tyler be considered Worst Actor or Worst Supporting Actor for his role in the film?

2: Will Terry Crews end up being a strong contender for Worst Supporting Actor? Besides this, he also in Draft Day with Kevin Costner, Blended with Sandler and Barrymore, of course the 3rd Expendables movie, and this movie called Reach Me, which also features Sly, and it is directed by the Razzie nominated director of Two of a Kind and 2 Days in the Valley (In other words, don't let him direct a movie with "two" in the title.)
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 9:22am
Just by watching the trailer, you can immediately tell what the major issue is with Single Mom's Club. It's the same issue that has plagued a lot of Tyler Perry movies. This film looks overly melodramatic. Oh My God Tyler lighten up! Yes, there are serious and depressing moments in life but there also fun, exciting and happy moments too.

With the title and the poster, you would think Single Mom's Club would be a fun comedy like The First Wives' Club. Don't get me wrong, there are a few funny moments in the trailer but not enough to say it will be fun or even worth seeing. Tyler Perry, take a vacation and maybe some of your creativity will come back to you. And please, no more Madea!
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 10:08am
Two forums! In one day! Now that's a comeback!
Originally posted by oiram

Two questions:

1: Will Tyler be considered Worst Actor or Worst Supporting Actor for his role in the film?

2: Will Terry Crews end up being a strong contender for Worst Supporting Actor? Besides this, he also in Draft Day with Kevin Costner, Blended with Sandler and Barrymore, of course the 3rd Expendables movie, and this movie called Reach Me, which also features Sly, and it is directed by the Razzie nominated director of Two of a Kind and 2 Days in the Valley (In other words, don't let him direct a movie with "two" in the title.)
1) While I haven't seen the movie, Perry's name is the last one in the poster. He has another movie coming out this year called GONE GIRL, but it's directed by David Fincher so I don't think it'll be bad (despite the fact that it also stars Ben Affleck).

2) Crews is quickly becoming one of those actors who appear in supporting roles in 5 movies a year. We'll have to see how many of them end up being bad. Oh, and if they're not just glorified cameos.

By the way, Amy Smart and Wendi McLendon-Covey have a bunch of other movies coming out this year too.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

you would think Single Mom's Club would be a fun comedy like The First Wives' Club.
Could this movie be considered a rip-off of THE FIRST WIVES' CLUB?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 10:11am
Um... technically no. The only thing the two films have in common is the similarity of their titles. I really wish Tyler Perry could have fun and not take his stories too seriously.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2014 at 11:48am
Strange, this film still doesn't have a critical consensus on Rotten Tomatoes. Will Singles Mom's Club be the "Temptation" of 2014?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 10:14pm
I just saw this. It was bad. Really, really bad. The only reason I'm not giving it an F is because of Terry Crews. I gotta say, Crews is the black Christopher Walken. It doesn't matter what the role is, he gives it 110% no matter what. Grade: D-

Worst Picture
Worst Director
Worst Actress for Nia Long
Worst Actress for Amy Smart
Worst Supporting Actor for Tyler Perry
Worst Supporting Actress for Wendi McLendon-Covey
Worst Screenplay
Worst Screen Combo for the entire cast
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 10:55pm
Too bad Terry Crews couldn't bring anything funny in "Blended".
 Post Reply Post Reply