Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l INFO on TRANNIES 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of TRANNIES 3...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of TRANNIES 3...
    Posted: June 24 2011 at 9:15pm
Miguel I am going to remind you of something you JUST said....
I personally don't think that 'Transforemers: Revenge of the Fallen' deserved Worst Picture of 2009.  Yes, it made a lot of money and it was panned by critics (only 19% on RT), but there were much more infamous (and harder panned) films out there like 'All About Steve', 'Old Dogs', 'Year One', and 'Miss March' (all had Tomatometer ratings in the single-digits).  Some parties disagreed with the results and others wouldn't take the awards seriously.

If Transformers didnt deserve a razzie for 19 PER CENT??? There is absolutely no justification for insisting Twilight gets one. What a hypocrite.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 9:15pm
The comment below just got Michaels a Methane Movie Award nomination for Worst Film Critic for letting his prejudice and discrimination keep him from showing proper judgment.  

Originally posted by Michaels

Like it or not, this movie is going STRAIGHT to the Worst Picture nods list.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 9:19pm

I have to admit that I kind of agree with GTAHater and 27Years on this one... I mean, all this franchise-bashing kind of makes it feel like the Razzies are losing their identity. Instead of dis-honoring the worst movies of the year, we just seem to bashing the biggest "undeserved" studio-successes. I am not disillusioned, though I am assuming that both this movie and Breaking Dawn 1 are likely to be nominated for worst picture. But I personally would prefer it if this didn't happen.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 10:30pm
I know how you feel. I might have approved of Breaking Dawn Part I getting nominated for Worst Picture under one of 2 circumstances, neither of which will happen: First, broadening Worst Picture to 10 nominees like the Worst of 1980 RAZZIES, and/or second, Breaking Dawn Part I getting worse reviews than Season of the Witch, The Roommate, and Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son.

To Mr. Burn: I'm predicting Dark of the Moon will get 30-34% at Rotten T, and just under 50% at Metacritic. Perhaps it's enough to get it 5 nominations, and maybe "win" one award, but this film will need to far underpass my prediction before it would ever deserve 8 nominations.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 5:30am
Again, Miguel, give one of those made-up "Worst Critic" awards to yourself, please! We all now the nano-second a "Breaking Dawn Part 1" Forum is up, you're going to be all over it like flies on s***, so stop being such a hypocrite!  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

That comment just got you a Methane Movie Award nomination for Worst Film Critic because you let your prejudice and discrimination keep you from using proper judgment.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 5:34am
By any chance, were you looking into a mirror while typing that "prejudice and discrimination" comment, Miguel? How is my bashing of "Transformers" any different than your obsession over "Twilight"? Oh yeah, there isn't any difference! So, go have a Coke and a smile and face the fact: there are worse movies out there than your despised "Twilight." It's not going to "win" Worst Picture, so deal with it!  

Actually, there is another movie coming out that embodies the worst of Hollywood's worst.  It's called 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1'.  Your prejudice and discrimination has gone too far.  If you sabotage the 2012 Razzie Awards like you did the 2010 Razzie Awards (by swaying voters in the wrong direction), I will gladly give you a Methane Special Achievement Award for 'sabotaging a major award show twice'.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 6:47am
If I end up paying to see this movie in the theaters, I'm going to hate myself in the morning!
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:11am
Could LeBeouf be getting paid by the studio to say that??   

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Don't worry guys, Shia LeBeouf says it's gonna be the best 3D movie ever made: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dont-worry-guys-shia-labeouf-says-transformers-3-is-the-best-3d-movie-ever-made  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 8:45am
The 1st one received one minor nomination.The 2nd one won three including Worst Picture.Do you really have any doubts this won't go to the ballots?
Originally posted by Michaels

Do you seriously think actors are going to say "oh yeah, this movie is an utter piece of sh*t, don't waste your money on it"? No, they won't.
They did it with the 2nd one,remember?

The comment below just got Michaels a Methane Movie Award nomination for Worst Film Critic for letting his prejudice and discrimination keep him from showing proper judgment.
F*ck!What do I have to do to get that nomination?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 8:48am
Don't worry, you'll have another fifty million movie-goers right alongside of you.

Originally posted by oiram

If I end up paying to see this movie in the theaters, I'm going to hate myself in the morning!
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 9:23am
The difference is, Burn, that your dislike and distrust of Transformers can be backed up with your own sound and reasonable arguments against it, coupled with only 15 per cent approval from top critics!! 

Miguel's tirades against Twilight cannot be backed up by anything! The fact that Eclipse was even in the running for the Razzies last year is appalling. The movie had 67 per cent approval from top critics! Not only was it dis-honorable and against any code of proper conduct, it was people missing the big picture for the sake of pettiness. And it dragged the Razzies through the mud. If the same thing were to happen this year, it would be utterly disgraceful. Why some people cannot see that, I will never understand.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

By any chance, were you looking into a mirror while typing that "prejudice and discrimination" comment, Miguel? How is my bashing of "Transformers" any different than your obsession over "Twilight"? 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 9:44am
Eclipse was garbage -- Nuff said! It deserved every one of its Razzie nominations. 
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 9:55am
Your opinion does not really matter. In fact, my opinion doesn't really matter much either, but at least I can make decent attempts at backing up my opinions with valid points and facts, and not just make ignorant statements of my personal dislikes. 

What does matter are critics, experts in all things film. And they gave Eclipse 67 per cent approval. Fact. 

So, Razzie nominations not justified.  
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 10:52am
When it comes to people saying the Razzies might lose credit for going after franchises, I don't think it will be any kind of blow to the awards' creditibility. The Razzies have done much more questionable things in the past. The first and foremost would be their constant Razzing of Sly Stallone, to the point it almost seemed like they had a personal vendetta against him that rivals Miguel's vendetta against "Twilight"! Next would be "Fahrenheit 9/11", a documentary, winning "acting" awards for George W. Bush and members of his staff who appeared on-screen. And then there's the year that we had THREE Uwe Boll movies, and TWO Seltzerberg movies ... only for them to all lose to "The Love Guru".

So the Razzies' choices and results can be questionable at times, but in the end, they are nothing to get all excited or mad about. Like the MTV Movie Awards and all other public voting award with the word "Choice" in their titles, this award is pretty much just for fun. Just a lighthearted way for us to give Hollywood the finger for vomiting bad movies into our local theaters, and nothing more. So "Transformers 3" and "Breaking Dawn 1" getting nods after past installments got nods/wins is not going to hurt anyone's credit as a PUBLIC VOTING awards show.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 11:02am
My opinions can be backed up by how much the public wants to see this P.O.S. franchise get punished after brainwashing the American youth into giving it positive awards over superior films like 'Inception'. If we do that, then the public will look upon us with respect and regard us as heroes.

Burn, to be honest, I don't see any possible way 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1' can lose. It deserves to win Worst Picture for all the crimes the franchise has committed.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 11:35am
Um, Miguel, do you know this for a FACT, or are you pulling this public opinion out of thin air? I doubt that, like you, the "public" is losing sleep over "Inception" losing the MTV Movie Awards. After all, it won 4 Oscars and was up for Writer/Producer/Director Guild Awards. And us Razzing "Twilight" isn't going to make us "champions" in anyone's eyes. You really need to stop believing that people take publicly voted awards as seriously as you seem to.

2. Um, yeah, there is a way. All that needs to happen is for there to be a movie worse than "Breaking Dawn 1," and that it be seen by enough voting Razzie members. Given the amount of bad movies these days, and all the various ways movies can be seen through home entertainment, that can (and likely will) easily happen. 

1. My opinions can be backed up by how much the public wants to see this P.O.S. franchise get punished after brainwashing the American youth into giving it positive awards over superior films like 'Inception'. If we do that, then the public will look upon us with respect and regard us as heroes.
2. Burn, to be honest, I don't see any possible way 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1' can lose. It deserves to win Worst Picture for all the crimes the franchise has committed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>