Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l INFO on TRANNIES 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of TRANNIES 3...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of TRANNIES 3...
    Posted: July 08 2011 at 2:54pm
Because this one has already made 400 million worldwide. Not really bad when you consider the fact that this is a success. Of course Michael Bay says he won't be back (thank god). 
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:17pm
No Shia LaButtHole. No Michael "I Love Explosions!" Bay. Already this 4th movie sounds better than the first three! 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 4:13pm
I just saw the movie. It's too bad the Worst Supporting Actor list can't be longer, because a lot of the people in there deserve at least a chance on our nominating ballot.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It's a curious phenomenon, but I've noticed over the years that one of our most often over-crowded categories is Worst Supporting Actor, for which there are usually two dozen or more worthy contenders. At the same time, perhaps speaking to how few roles women are even offered, Worst Supporting Actress is a category for which I sometimes have to struggle to come up with even 10 viable choices...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 4:21pm
That's what Worst Ensemble Cast is for.  

To Michaels: Keep in mind that more people approve than reject Transformers 1. It's Revenge of the Fallen that's the biggest problem, but Dark of the Moon is also a tiny part of the problem. If Steven Speilberg takes the helm, hopefully he'll cut the explosion count by 75% because if explosions were what people wanted, they'd have written positive reviews for Fallen and Moon. And the removal of Shia LeBoeuf reduces the d**che factor by about half. Steven Speilberg is putting his skills to the test by taking on the 4th Transformers movie, but if he succeeds, maybe we won't have to complain about 198X cartoons being ransacked quite as much.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:13pm
But aren't Spielberg and Shia are very close? So if the former directs the next one, won't he make sure the latter's role becomes even bigger? Dead
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:15pm
Like I said, this one is a step in the right direction. But it's just stupid that it took them 6 years (and 3 movies) just to take that first step!  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

To Michaels: Keep in mind that more people approve than reject Transformers 1. It's Revenge of the Fallen that's the problem, and Dark of the Moon is a tiny part of the problem. If Steven Speilberg takes the helm, hopefully he'll cut the explosion count by 75% because if explosions were what people wanted, they'd have written positive reviews for Fallen and Moon. And the removal of Shia LeBoeuf reduces the d**che factor by about half. Steven Speilberg is putting his skills to the test by taking on the 4th Transformers movie, but if he succeeds, maybe we won't have to complain about 198X cartoons being ransacked quite as much.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 7:33am
Vits:  I don't know why you're using that annoying gif, but so far Shia has the most screen-time in all of the films -- Even more than the robots.   

Originally posted by Vits

But Spielberg and Shia are very close.So if the former directs the next one,he'll make sure the latter's role becomes even bigger.Dead
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 11:34am
Allow me to help you on Worst Supporting Actress
Arthur: Helen Mirrem, Jennifer Garner, Greta Girwig
Battle LA: Michelle Rodriguez, Joey King
Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son: Brandon T Jackson (in drag), Jessica Lucas
Drive Angry 3-D: Katy Mixon, Amber Herd (though she's more of an Worst MAIN Actress in that.)
Green Lantern: Blake Lively
Judy Moody: Heather Graham
Mr Popper's Penguins: Carla Gugino, Angela Lansbury
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides: Penelope Cruz, Ŕstrid Bergčs-Frisbey, Judi Dench
The Roommate: Leighton Meester, Minka Kelly (Don't really know and don't really care to know which is more of a Supporting Actress), Alyson Michalka
Season of the Witch: Claire Voy
Something Borrowed: Ginnifer Goodwin, Kate Hudson (Don't really know and don't really care to know which is more of a Supporting Actress)
Sucker Punch: Carla Gugino
Transformers: Dark of the Moon: Julie White, Frances McDormand

Hope this helps you have more.

Originally posted by oiram

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It's a curious phenomenon, but I've noticed over the years that one of our most often over-crowded categories is Worst Supporting Actor, for which there are usually two dozen or more worthy contenders. At the same time, perhaps speaking to how few roles women are even offered, Worst Supporting Actress is a category for which I sometimes have to struggle to come up with even 10 viable choices...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 11:45am

The Roommate: Leighton Meester, Minka Kelly 
I think they should share the Worst Actress nod for that movie, considering no one can tell them apart at all! They are pretty much interchangable.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 12:58pm

I just saw the movie. It's too bad the Worst Supporting Actor list can't be longer, because a lot of the people in there deserve at least a chance on our nominating ballot.  
This is why Worst Ensemble Cast is still needed.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Vits:  I don't know why you're using that annoying gif, but so far Shia has the most screen-time in all of the films -- Even more than the robots.
It was a joke.But remember he isn't in every second of the movie,and he could be. Dead

Drive Angry 3-D: Amber Herd
Red Riding Hood: Julie ChristieVirginia Madsen
Scream 4: Anthony Anderson
Transformers: Dark of the Moon: Julie White, Frances McDormand
I didn't find these bad(Julie White toned down).And why is Anderson there?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Vits

[

Drive Angry 3-D: Amber Herd
Red Riding Hood: Julie ChristieVirginia Madsen
Scream 4: Anthony Anderson
Transformers: Dark of the Moon: Julie White, Frances McDormand
I didn't find these bad(Julie White toned down).And why is Anderson there?
Oops, Anderson wasn't. Accident.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 11:54am
Oiram, just because someone's in a bad movie, doesn't mean they give a bad performance. Penelope Cruz, Amber Heard, and Hayden Panettiere all gave good performances.

To throw my two cents on the Worst Supporting Actress field, he'r my picks: Julie Christie/Red Riding Hood, Jamie Chung/The Hangover Part II, Sucker Punch, Cameron Diaz/The Green Hornet, Portia Doubleday/Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, Claire Foy/Season Of The Witch, Daneel Harris/The Roommate, Minka Kelly/Just Go With It, The Roommate, Nicole Kidman/Just Go With It, Ophelia Lovibond/No Strings Attached, Kelly Lynch/Passion Play, Frances McDormand/Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, Mary-Kate Olsen/Beastly, Alice Parkinson/Sanctum, Winona Ryder/The Dilemma, and Alexa Vega/From Prada To Nada

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 12:51pm
Isn't Alexa Vega the lead?Well,she's supporting in SPY KIDS 4,so I guess it won't make a difference.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 3:48pm

Camilla Belle had more screen-time and her, supposedly, supporting role in Spy Kids 4 led me to put her in supporting.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 6:17pm
Worst Ensemble Cast ... it covers all bases, lead AND supporting.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>