Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l INFO on TRANNIES 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of TRANNIES 3...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of TRANNIES 3...
    Posted: June 24 2011 at 12:51pm
MANY of YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE TRANNIES #2 "WON" WORST PICTURE (...and WORST DIRECTOR ...and WORST SCREENPLAY!) of 2009 to HAVE AT THIS WHOLLY UN-NECESSARY, GARGANTUANLY UN-WELCOME SEQUEL... 

AT LAST, YOUR TIME HAS ARRIVED...ENJOY!  

AND B.T.W. HERE's the LINK to READ "THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® TAKE" on TRANNIES 3...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 12:58pm
I knew this would be on here! Why not? 

Anyway, I think the users at IMDB are over-estimating things when they predict the percentage for this on Rotten Tomatoes is likely to be any higher than 50% (Come on, it's Michael Bay -- what more do you need to say?).  

PS: I hope Breaking Dawn sweeps this year!Wink

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 1:53pm
I predict that the best this movie can do is to have reviews as good as the first one,which were just average.

Promos say this movie will change history.It turns out it's plot is related to the moon landing.But the only way this movie could actually change history is by being the worst movie in the history of human kind...which it could well be!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 3:28pm
I have some doubts about that being possible, especially since early reviews are coming in, and they seem to be fairly energetic. 
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 3:31pm
I'm still rooting for Season of the Witch for Worst Picture. I sincerely hope this film  doesn't "win," because that would mean a single franchise has won Worst Picture twice, which I wouldn't like. The reviews are going to have to be REAL (censored) low before I would consider giving this a Worst Picture nomination over Season of the Witch, Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, and/or Red Riding Hood.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 3:39pm
I still think Twilight:Breaking Dawn may deserve it all (and I don't care if Bill Condon is directing it). The fourth book was so bad, even the fans weren't pleased with it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 4:19pm
Trying to get a head start, eh?  I wouldn't be too hyped about this movie's Razzie chances.  Its reviews are likely to be higher than those of the second one. 

Just for the record, I personally don't think that 'Transforemers: Revenge of the Fallen' deserved Worst Picture of 2009.  Yes, it made a lot of money and it was panned by critics (only 19% on RT), but there were much more infamous (and harder panned) films out there like 'All About Steve', 'Old Dogs', 'Year One', and 'Miss March' (all had Tomatometer ratings in the single-digits).  Some parties disagreed with the results and others wouldn't take the awards seriously.

My guess is that this movie probably won't be bad enough to contend with the likes of 'The Roommate', 'Just Go With It', and 'Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son' for Worst Picture, but it has a pretty good shot at Worst Prequel or Sequel ('Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son' might take that too), Worst Supporting Actor (a nod for John Turturro and a win for Ken Jeong), and maybe Worst Director (Michael Bay's competition includes Dennis Dugan, Zack Snyder, Christian E. Christiansen, John Whitesell, and a few more still to come).  There's still about six more months of crap to go through.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 4:24pm
Remember Miguel,the winner isn't always the worst reviewed(the 2nd is the proof).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 4:43pm
I shouldnt really entertain this, but...what?  How about we actually give TBD a chance. Innocent until proven guilty, and all that. Condon may surprise some people with how it turns out. Also, last time I checked, these were awards for bad movies not bad books. 

Anyway I feel there are plenty of fresh blood options out there, a few of which GTA mentioned above and Miguel, too, actually. Rather than attacking the same things over and over and over again in quick succession! It's so boring. We might as well call it "the razzies bash transformers and twilight part 4". It would become as stale as Hollywood itself and makes it look like they are the only bad movies out there (in some people's opinions, anyway but not the critics' in the case of Twi especially) when they are not.  At least Transformers was not in the running last year but perhaps it's too soon for it to be a main focus of the Razzies again. Unless, of course, it gets ridiculously low scores. That I can not excuse really. 

Edit: How did I not know this was in 3D?? That doesnt bode too well. 

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

I still Twilight deserves it all (don't care if Bill Condon is doing the next one). The fourth book's so bad, that even fans aren't pleased with it.

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 5:00pm
Heh, this film deserves to be in the Razzie forums. I liked the first movie, it was decent, but the second sucked the big one, so I have no interest in seeing this movie.
Pictures move, do they?
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 5:56pm
Don't worry guys, Shia LeBeouf says it's gonna be the best 3D movie ever made: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dont-worry-guys-shia-labeouf-says-transformers-3-is-the-best-3d-movie-ever-made  
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:22pm
I think we may need to introduce you to Miguel...  

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

PS: I hope Breaking Dawn sweeps this year!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:23pm
You do know that they get paid to say stuff like that, right? Do you seriously think actors are going to say "oh yeah, this movie is an utter piece of sh*t, don't waste your money on it"? No, they won't.  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Don't worry guys, it's gonna be the best 3D movie ever made: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dont-worry-guys-shia-labeouf-says-transformers-3-is-the-best-3d-movie-ever-made
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:26pm
Transformers 2 got Razzed because a movie with 19% shouldn't even break even at the box office, it should be direct to DVD. 

Like it or not, this movie is going STRAIGHT to my Worst Picture nods list!   

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Trying to get a head start, eh?  I wouldn't be too hyped about this movie's Razzie chances.  Its reviews are likely to be higher than those of the second one. 

Just for the record, I personally don't think that 'Transforemers: Revenge of the Fallen' deserved Worst Picture of 2009.  Yes, it made a lot of money and it was panned by critics (only 19% on RT), but there were much more infamous (and harder panned) films out there like 'All About Steve', 'Old Dogs', 'Year One', and 'Miss March' (all had Tomatometer ratings in the single-digits).  Some parties disagreed with the results and others wouldn't take the awards seriously.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:57pm

Anyone who says this movie has little chance of making it to the final five Razzie nods is in some serious denial! There is no other movie coming out this year that is the living embodiment of what the Razzies are all about, the worst of Hollywood's worst. All spectacle, no substance! I have my pencil ready to check every box of the voting ballot that this flick will be listed next to. Let the bashing of this turd of a movie begin!

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 9:13pm
Actually, there is another movie coming out that even better embodies the worst of Hollywood's worst.  It's called 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1'.  Your prejudice and discrimination has gone too far.  If you sabotage the 2012 Razzie Awards like you did the 2010 Razzie Awards (by swaying voters in the wrong direction), I will gladly give you a Methane Special Achievement Award for 'sabotaging a major award show twice'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>