Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Members' Discussion of YOU'RE EXPECTING...WHAT?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of YOU'RE EXPECTING...WHAT?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of YOU'RE EXPECTING...WHAT?!?
    Posted: May 15 2012 at 8:30am
ABOUT HALF the PEOPLE ASSOCIATED with THIS MOVIE HAVE RAZZIE® PEDIGREES -- SO IS IT ANY WONDER IT's GOT a FORUM HERE??  

AND SPEAKING of "HERE," HERE's WHERE to JOIN in the BABY BASHING and GO TO TOWN on WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING...

AND "HERE's" the LINK to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 10:31am
Hey Headrazz, do you think we should combine the Actresses into one nomination like we did with Bratz, The Women, and Sex and the City 2?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 2:47pm

So many pregnancy themed films since New Decade's Day. First The Back-Up Plan (Bottom 40 Films of 2010, #32), then Life As We Know It (Bottom 40 Films of 2010, #35), now this! The only consolation would be if they make a sequel to this that takes place over 1/2 decade from now, with all the children still wearing... something... at 5 to 7 years old (and the second children padded at age 3 to 5). They'd get no sympathy from me if the RAZZIES ripped into it!

I believed this would be one of ours once I saw that it starred J-Lo and was pregnancy themed. She tried this before with The Back-Up Plan, and she tries the same thing twice with What to Expect.

To oiram: I've had it with collective acting nominations under the Worst Actor and Actress categories! We need to make good use of Worst Ensemble Cast! One of the biggest holes in the 2010 RAZZIES was that Sex & The City 2 won for Worst Ensemble Cast but it got Worst Actress for the four gal pals too! BurnHollywoodBurn and I suggested Worst Ensemble Cast so we could get RID of collective Worst Actress/Actor nominations!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 2:50am
Honestly, I think that sometimes HeadRazz just doesn't listen to us. Maybe you are in the right, but I just have the feeling that Headrazz won't really think about that.  I seriously believe this, because everyone wanted Don Johnson to be up for Worst Supporting Actor for Bucky Larson, but did he listen, NO! Johnson was nowhere on the Nominating Ballot.

Originally posted by GTAHater767

To oiram: I've had it with collective acting nominations under the Worst Actor and Actress categories! We need to make good use of Worst Ensemble Cast! One of the biggest holes in the 2010 RAZZIES was that Sex & The City 2 won for Worst Ensemble Cast but it got Worst Actress for the four gal pals too! BurnHollywoodBurn and I suggested Worst Ensemble Cast so we could get RID of collective Worst Actress/Actor nominations!

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 8:22am
What to expect when we (Razzie Forum members) are expecting:  

Unrelatable characters...  

Cliched rom/com plot-line...  

Underwhelming humour (please don't correct me HeadRAZZ, that's just the way we spell these words in Merry England)...  

...and Razzie Awards all 'round!  
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 12:17pm
Wow! It's not even been a month since THINK LIKE A MEN debuted!

Anybody else noticed that this one shares another similarity (aside from the format) with NEW YEAR'S EVE? Both feature the "leading role shared with many" film debut of a GLEE actor. In this case, 2-time Vits Award nominee Matthew Morrison.
Originally posted by oiram

Honestly, I think that sometimes HeadRazz just doesn't listen to us. Maybe you are in the right, but I just have the feeling that Headrazz won't really think about that.  I seriously believe this, because everyone wanted Don Johnson to be up for Worst Supporting Actor for Bucky Larson, but did he listen, NO! Johnson was nowhere on the Nominating Ballot.
These are the Razzies. There's always going to be a movie or person who should've made it to the ballots but didn't. It's not fair to accuse HeadRAZZ of not listening to the people. On the contrary, he has to narrow it down to a few titles and names, and that's very hard.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 8:39pm
Think Like a Man isn't even one of ours, so I don't see any similarities...

Originally posted by Vits

Never noticed. I did notice it was also an ensemble cast comedy, but I wouldn't notice any Glee links.

Anybody else noticed that this one shares another similarity (aside from the format) with NEW YEAR'S EVE? Both feature the "leading role shared with many" film debut of a GLEE actor. In this case, 2-time Vits Award nominee Matthew Morrison.

Then perhaps you wouldn't mind offering a hypothesis as to why he picked Nixon, Cattrall, Parker, and Davis for a collective Worst Actress nomination in 2010 instead of just leaving them with 1 nomination/win for Worst Ensemble Cast... out of all the horrible performances that year (I would've nominated Milla Jovovich for Resident Evil: Afterlife instead of the gal pals). Wanna explain why Patrick Dempsey was picked instead of Don Johnson for the nominations ballot?

These are the Razzies. There's always going to be a movie or person who should've made it to the ballots but didn't. It's not fair to accuse HeadRAZZ of not listening to the people. On the contrary, he has to narrow it down to a few titles and names, and that's very hard.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 2:33am
I think Vits is referring to the fact that both What To Expect When You're Expecting and Think Like a Man are based on books that were basically "How to" books, with no story involved. These movies attempt to make up stories, based on what the books tried to teach readers...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 7:18am
I think that it's because, when HeadRAZZ first proposed it, there wasn't a lot of negative feedback. When the nominations were announced, there was a lot of negative feedback, but it was too late. When the "winners" were announced, there was even more negative feedback, this time also from people outside of the forum.

And I also would've nominated Jovovich

Then perhaps you wouldn't mind offering a hypothesis as to why he picked Nixon, Cattrall, Parker, and Davis for a collective Worst Actress nomination in 2010 instead of just leaving them with 1 nomination/win for Worst Ensemble Cast... out of all the horrible performances that year (I would've nominated Milla Jovovich for Resident Evil: Afterlife instead of the gal pals).

Wanna explain why Patrick Dempsey was picked instead of Don Johnson for the nominations ballot?

I haven't seen BUCKY LARSON (here, it went straight to DVD), and I didn't think Dempsey was bad. But the fact that he was one of the finalists suggests it was a good idea putting him in the Nominating Ballot.

If Johnson had been the worst supporting actor of the year, don't you think he would've gotten enough write-in votes?

Originally posted by oiram

And Think Like a Man isn't even one of ours, so I don't notice any similarities.
He's referring to the fact that both What To Expect When You're Expecting and Think Like a Man are based on books that are basically "How to" books, with no story involved. These movies attempt to make a story based on what the books try to teach others.

Yeah. And also because they're both "Rom-Coms" with multiple story lines.  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 7:31am
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 6:15pm

I haven't seen BUCKY LARSON (here, it went straight to DVD).

Funnily enough, it went straight-to-DVD here too.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 10:53am
R.T. (20-30%): "The cast is stocked with likable performers, but the film is too disjointed, and too reliant on stock rom-com cliches, to live up to its distinguished literary namesake".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 10:53am
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 9:11am
I can see the opening number for the 2013 Razzies where the cast sings...

You're Having My RAZZIE" Big smile
GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2012 at 1:11am
As always, I have not read the book, so my impressions are solely based on the movie.
It's pretty boring and unrealistic at times. When you are about to become a father, at one point you are usually told about hazzards, and that eating a cigarette can kill your child. In the movie, that scene is going for laughs, but it just paints fathers as dumb morons. And non of us spit out baby drinks, even if they don't taste that good. That scene only was funny back in Look who's talking. I am the first one to admit, unintentionally funny scenarios happen, but this movie is over the top.

The talents of Anna Kendrick were wasted, any girl could have played her part. Elizabeth Banks was actually quite good at times.
For your consideration:
Jennifer Lopez as Worst Actress
The constant whiny tune of her high pitched voice is hard to take, and more so, she didn't succeed in convincing me her character wanted a child for the love of it but her own egoistic reasons. It even felt like her character was absolutely desperate in NEED of a child, but only a cute, smiley one which promised to be tons of fun. Lopez' performance made me think, if the character's child had colics and was screaming constantly, she would lose interest and start complaining.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 8:25pm
More bad news from the Box Office Mojo front.  This movie cost $40 million to make, and hauled in $84 million worldwide.  It was profitable, which probably means we're in for a sequel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>