Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > G.I. JOE - RETALIATION
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Members' Discussion:G.I. JOE: TOO MANY EXPLOSIONS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion:G.I. JOE: TOO MANY EXPLOSIONS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion:G.I. JOE: TOO MANY EXPLOSIONS
    Posted: March 31 2013 at 12:50pm
OKAY, THIS FILM WAS the #1 DRAW at the BOX OFFICE on EASTER WEEKEND...

...BUT IT's GOTTEN "ROTTENER" REVIEWS at ROTTEN TOMATOES THAN G.I. JOE #1 DID -- and G.I. JOE #1 WAS a WORST PICTURE NOMINEE and IT "WON" a RAZZIE® (IMDb LINK)...

THIS SEQUEL's STARS INCLUDE PAST RAZZIE® "WINNERS," PREVIOUS RAZZIE® NOMINEES, and a HANDFUL of POTENTIAL 2013 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS...  

....and, IT's ALSO a PERFECT EXAMPLE of WHAT WE CALL "SEQUEL-ITIS," the DISEASE RESULTING in the IRRESISTIBLE URGE to MAKE a SEQUEL to ANY MOVIE THAT MAKES MONEY -- EVEN IF NO ONE BUT the BANKERS WHO BACK the FILM WILL BENEFIT from ITs BEING MADE.

SO, BOX OFFICE HIT or BUST, THIS CLEARLY LOOKS to BE "ONE of OURS"...

BUT, as a FORUM MEMBER WHO's ALSO "ONE of OURS" (BUT in a DIFFERENT WAY)...WHAT SAY YOU?? 

FOR YOUR FURTHER AMUSEMENT, HERE's the LINK for the FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM...

...and HERE's the LINK for OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on G.I. JOE #2.

SO, FOR NOW -- LOAD, LOCK...and 
FIRE!!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 1:01pm

29%. Clearly lower than the first G.I. Joe... yet the R.T.consensus says it's better than the last one. Weird, huh? 

This is the SECOND of the Rock's  FOUR movies this year. The first one being the alright (but not extraordinary) Snitch. The third one being the Michael Bay movie Pain & Gain, and the fourth one being YET ANOTHER Fast & Furious movie... and the FIFTH- Naw, I am just messing with you on that last part!  

Bruce Willis also has four movies this year. He was in this of course, and before that he was in the skidmark of a movie A Good Day to Die Hard. He will also be in RED 2 (Did anyone really want a sequel, even if the first one was good?) and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. 

Of the two, Bruce is more deserving of a Worst Actor nod this year -- At least the Rock is starting to make himself likable enough that you don't mind what movie he is in. Although, Pain & Gain is not out yet, so I may change my mind on that. 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 2:21pm
Double whoa! 4 forums in one week?! I know that this one will be considered the Worst Leftover Movie next week, but this still a Razzie forum member's wet dream! 

Originally posted by oiram

29%. Truly lower than the last... yet the consensus states it is better than the last one. Weird, huh?

The consensus reads "Though arguably superior to its predecessor, the film's overwhelmed by its nonstop action and too nonsensical and vapid to leave a lasting impression". Sounds to me that, better than the 1st one or not, it's Razzie material. 

RED 2 (Did anyone really want a sequel, even if the first one was good?)

I actually didn't really like the 1st RED. However, maybe they'll reveal who killed Morgan Freeman's character.

Of the two, Bruce is movie deserving of a Worst Actor nod this year. At least the Rock is starting to make himself likeable enough to where you do not mind what movie he is in. Although, Pain & Gain is not out yet, so that may change.

Based on what I've heard, Willis gives either bad or not exactly good performances in his 2 movies so far this year, which to me means he already deserves a nomination for them. If he's bad in his next 2 movies, he should be nominated for all 4. If he's good in them, he should just be nominated for G.I. JOE and A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD. Meanwhile, Dwayne Johnson has saved his 2 movies so far. But maybe he'll be bad in the next 2. Same thing as Willis. And Channing Tatum, will soon be in "the OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN remake," WHITE HOUSE DOWN.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 5:48pm
A 3rd installment has been confirmed.
Dead
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 6:07pm
Yep. 

Actually, I came to post today because I found out Pogo was quoted in this movie. If you don't know what I am talking about, the quote is "we have met the enemy and he is us."

Google that phrase...you may be surprised.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 6:44pm
I Googled the phrase "We have met the enemy and he is us!" Funny...and more amusing than watching the movie!  

Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 5:32pm
I just watched it. This sequel definitely needs a few Razzie nominations. 

Worst Picture: There are several elements that make it worthy of getting nominated in this category. It will be explained in the other categories that this sequel is worthy of receiving nominations for. 

Worst Actor: Dwayne Johnson is not much of an actor. This sequel and his previous movies clearly show that. 

Worst Supporting Actress: Adrianne Palicki did not do much. All she did was flaunt her sex appeal and nothing else. 

Worst Supporting Actor: Ray Stevenson. What was going on with his "accent". Was Stevenson supposed to have an American accent? If he was supposed to he did a poor job at it. In addition to that Ray Stevenson spent most of the movie looking p!ssed. Even grumpy people display a wider emotional range. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: The sequel is worthy of a Worst Picture nomination. So it makes sense it gets nominated for this category as well. 

Worst Director: John M. Chu. Making an action flick is no excuse for neglecting character presence. Instead of using strong characters he resorts to ramming action scenes closely together. 
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
He should also be held responsible for that scene where Jaye (Adrianne Palicki) "sneaks in" to the ball in a red dress. Apparently Jon M. Chu thinks an attractive woman in a red dress can make an appearance without anyone noticing. 

Worst Screenplay: Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick filled their screenplay with mindless fighting while completely ignoring character strength and development. 
Also, did anyone else notice in the ending that reveals that for most of the movie a Captain, a commissioned officer, had been taking direct orders from a Sergeant-Major, an enlisted soldier? This goof can't be ignored as it sticks out like a mountain. 

Worst Screen Couple: Any combination of Dwayne Johnson and/or Bruce Willis and/or anyone else deserves nomination. 

Worst Screen Ensemble: This explains itself. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 4:53am
What about RZA, a black man, being cast as an "Asian master"??

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 7:46pm
I'm pretty sure RZA being cast as an "Asian master" is meant to be a reference to his band (Wu-Tang Clan) which is named after the martial art known as Wudang chaun. 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 6:43pm
To me, the G.I Joe films seem like Michael Bay movies almost. Every 7 to 10 minutes, something explodes or someone is in danger. Despite G.I Joe 2 being #1 at the box office it's first weekend, we can all agree that this film might get at least a Worst Supporting Actor nomination going to Channing Tatum (now that we all know he can act, why is he in these movies)? 

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:09pm
Channing Tatum prooved he can act when he started to pick better projects, which was after he made the 1st G.I. JOE.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 12:41am
True, but I wonder why he would even come back for a 2nd G.I Joe Movie
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:15pm
Maybe Tatum was contracted to do the sequel?

I'm sort of glad he came back. I don't like when sequels replace actors, or when they write characters out. Especially lead characters.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 6:26pm
I guess I should pay some respect to that end.I also saw somewhere in this thread and on RT that another person who actually did well in the film was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I still have on interest to see this films lol
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 2:40pm
I just saw this. For your consideration: 
-Worst Actor for Bruce Willis (
I know he's supporting here, but he's being considered as Worst Actor for the other movies he's been in this year).
-Worst Supp. Actress for Adrianne Palicki.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel.
-Worst Picture.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 12:07pm
My comment (skip to 01:55):

Post Reply Post Reply