Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Member-Started Discussion & Add'l Info:JOHNNY ENGLISH REBORN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member-Started DISCUSSION...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member-Started DISCUSSION...
    Posted: October 26 2011 at 1:13pm
Since HeadRAZZBerry inadvertently locked the entire Forum Member Discussion of 2011 Releases, I'll speak right here. Apparently, the reviews for In Time are turning out extremely negative so far. Losing 0 to 4 at Rotten T (1 more negative review for a 0%), and the only review on Metacritic gives it 16%. In Time, starring Tustin Jimberlake, is turning out about as badly as Abduction. Alas, I'm used to dystopian sci-fi movies with such strange concepts getting panned by critics.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: OOPS!  Thanks for letting me know -- It was indeed "inadvertent" that the Member Feedback on 2011 Titles was locked. When I went to update the list over the weekend, the size of the list had become so huge that the entire file nearly crashed, and I wound up spending a frantic few hours scrambling in an effort to keep from losing it altogether. With the help of our Tech Maven I was able to restore the list and get it working again -- But as part of the process, I apparently hit the "Lock Forum" button on our Admin settings. I have, in response to this posting, gone back in and "un-locked" it. So I guess things are back to what passes for "normal" around here... 

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2011 at 5:52pm
HeadRAZZBerry: I would like to express a huge "Thanks!" for up-grading my Member-Started Forum to an Official RAZZIE Forum...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You are Berry Welcome!  

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2011 at 10:39pm
I think this could be a contender. It's just like Cats and Dogs 2; it's been so long since the original mediocre installment that a new one isn't worth it at all. 
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 8:56am
This first Johnny English did poorly in the U.S., but it was a huge hit in other markets - that's why they did this sequel. And Johnny English Reborn is doing the exact same (it's already made 100 million oversees). Of course, I still don't see why they needed to release it here. 

I also find it funny that 70 users at Box office mojo gave this film a B- 
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 10:15am

The public ratings on sites like that are not terribly revealing. The Last Airbender got 642 ratings of "B" or higher which was 53% of the total vote. Pretty often, the only people who vote on those sites are those who already have preconceived bias towards a movie, or simply don't want to admit that they paid their hard earned money for a movie they really didn't like very much.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 12:18pm
Actually it has a C-.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12