Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member-Started Forum: BEASTLY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member-Started Forum: BEASTLY
    Posted: March 04 2011 at 5:13pm
I CAN'T KEEP TRACK ON WHAT KIND OF ADAPTATION IS CURRENTLY "TRENDY". I DO KNOW THAT FAIRY TALES HAVE BEEN NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST... UNTIL THIS YEAR. SO MANY ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT ADAPTING FAIRY TALES AND "BEASTLY: BEAUTY & THE HOTTIE WITH THE MAKE-UP OF A BEAST" IS THE BERRY FIRST.

THIS IS A RE-IMAGINING OF "BEAUTY & THE BEAST", EXCEPT THAT IT TAKES PLACE TODAY, THE MAIN CHARACTERS ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL, AND THERE APPEARS TO BE AN EMO AIR. IS HOLLYWOOD AWARE THAT BEING THE NEXT "TWILIGHT" IS NOT A GOOD THING?

IT STARS VANESSA HUDGENS, ANOTHER DIZ-KNEE DARLING TRYING TO PROOVE SHE'S A SERIOUS ACTRESS, ALEX PETTYFER, WHO ALREADY DISSAPOINTED US IN "I AM NUMBER 4", AND 2-TIME RAZZIE NOMINEE MARY-KATE OLSEN. IT'S WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY DANIEL BARNZ, WHO ALSO MADE ""PHOEBE" IN WONDERLAND", WHICH MAKES ME WONDER WHY DOESN'T OUR WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL AWARD ADDS "RE-IMAGINING" TO THE CATEGORY TITLE?

CRITICS ARE CALLING THIS MISGUIDED, POORLY WRITTEN AND BADLY ACTED, AMONG OTHER THINGS. HOW ABOUT YOU?

"I went from being an alien to being a beast! But my agent told me I was gonna be Hollywood's next hunk!"

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 5:25pm
HeadRAZZBerry, if you're reading this, please remember how suspicious most of us (including I) were of it, who it stars, the terrible reviews, and upgrade this to an official RAZZIE contender like you did with SKYLINE!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 5:25pm
I guess that Alex Pettaferry(can't remember his name) isn't on the ballot for next year. To bad.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:23pm
I know HeadRAZZBerry sometimes makes strange choices when he doesn't give the forum to the most obvious movie.But this week he didn't gave it to any movie.

Richard Roeper gave this a C-.Has anyone here seen it yet?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 9:26pm
I'm guessing HeadRazz is still recovering from last week's awards show. So long as we have these member-started subforums, we'll be okay.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Vheid

I guess that Alex Pettaferry(can't remember his name) isn't on the ballot for next year. To bad.
Why?Wasn't SKYLINE in the ballots despite not having an official forum?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 4:09pm
Skyline DID get an official forum.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And here's the LINK to check it out...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 4:35pm
It was created by a user and then it was moved to where the other possible contenders were.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2011 at 1:55am
I guess you're right Vits, i recall Jake Gyllenhaal being on the nomination ballot while Prince of Persia didn't get a forum.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2011 at 10:37am
I actually saw this the other day. The weakest part of this for me was the adaptation itself. How she ended up having to stay with the "beast" was so ridiculously done. They tried to make it serious but completely glossed over the seriousness of it like it was nothing. Then when she had to leave the beast it was equally odd and fluffed out. I know its difficult in a way to modernize such a well known fairytale, but my God I think they could of come up with something better than that!
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 8:49am
How the heck did Beastly not a get formal Forum on here? It has like a 17% at Rotten Tomatoes. 
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 10:34am
I'm in the middle of watching this now and it's hysterical! Alex Pettyfer's performance, combines with his even more hysterical performance in I Am Dumber Four Watching This, is worse than Nicolas Cage's acting in Drive Angry and Season Of The Witch*.

*Of course, Nic, also, has a movie with history's greatest monster coming up.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 11:57am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry Vits: I'm afraid I can't accept your comment, SchumacherH8ter. I don't want people to be encouraged to judge a film without finishing it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 12:38pm
SchumacherH8ter, What monster are you talking about?

By the way, i have to completely agree with your thoughts on Pettyfer... He and Vanessa are just so whiney and gigley in this...

Vits, Could please stop with this, It's starting to get annoying and confusing...
Originally posted by Vits

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry Vits: 
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 1:05pm
Ok, finished the movie, and my opinion of Pettyfer's acting stands.

Vheid, look at my signature.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 1:08pm
SchumacherH8ter, aha, I should have know...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>