Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member-started forum: CARS 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member-started forum: CARS 2
    Posted: June 24 2011 at 3:20pm
PIXAR HAS BECOME THE GO-TO STUDIO. EV'RY MOVIE THEY MAKE TURNS OUT TO BE GOOD, INCLUDING THE FIRST "CARS", ALTHOUGH THAT'S OFTEN CONSIDERED THE WORST LEAST GOOD PIXAR MOVIE. WHICH IS WHY IT'S CONFUSING WHY, OF ALL PIXAR MOVIES, THEY FELT THIS ONE NEEDED A SEQUEL*. JOHN LASSETTER, CO-DIRECTOR AND CO-WRITER OF BOTH MOVIES AND FOUNDER OF PIXAR, HAS STATED "CARS" WAS HIS FAV OF THEIR PROJECTS. MOMENT OF SILENCE... OF CONFUSION!

AMONG THE VOICE CAST, THE MAIN ACTORS ARE RAZZIE NOMINEES OWEN WILSON AND LARRY THE CABLE GUY, WHO REPRISE THEIR USUAL ROLES AS THE LOVEABLE JERK AND THE REDNECK WE'RE FORCED TO LOVE.

USERS HERE WERE WONDERING IF THIS MOVIE DESERVED A FORUM, AND AFTER THE REVIEWS CAME IN (BEING WORSE THAN "BAD TEACHER") SOME ASKED FOR A FORUM. BUT ALL THEY GOT WAS A BERRY EERLY FORUM FOR ANOTHER MOVIE 'BOUT CARS. SO I THOUGHT IT SHOULD GET ONE. SURE, IT MAY NOT GET ANY NOMS, SEEING AS VOTERS MAY STILL BE FOND OF PIXAR IN GENERAL, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW. ANYWAY, WHAT ARE YER THOUGHTS ABOUT "CARS 2"?

*SEEING AS SEQUELS ARE ALWAYS NEEDED... RIGHT?

After MATER tows whatever's left of the movie, who's gonna tow him?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 3:26pm
Oh now, don't you start! The only thing I hate about this film is John Lassenter's ego. 
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 4:21pm
You know this summer movie season is going to Hell if Pixar is releasing a stinker!  

Honestly, I can't think of any summers in the past 15 years that has had so many disappointing films released -- and June isn't even over yet! 
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 10:03pm
Vits, I can't see the picture that you captioned... Can you fix it?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 5:22am
Yep, welcome to the rut that Hollywood is currently stuck in!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 5:58am
Looks like Pixar doesn't care about toys, bugs, monsters, fishes, superheroes, rats, robots, and dogs that have speech collars on. They all want cars and more CARS! Forget the toys! Seriously, Cars is starting to become like the Hannah Montana of Pixar, even though the first Cars was decent.

I want to see it though since it has the trailer for Brave, and a Toy Story short.
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:09am
I read that the critics are blowing this out of the water simply as a way to blast a Pixar film (and I don't trust the IMDB ratings, either -- there are too many Cars haters there that would rate it a 1 without seeing it).  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Gotta agree with you that there does appear to be some kind of "Pixar backlash" involved in this film's numbers, specifically those on R.T. (LINK). While Tomatoes currently has this at a lowly 33%, reviews at MetaCritic are still at a reputable, though admittedly mediocre, 58% (LINK). This dichotomy between the two sites' numbers is precisely why I started putting links to both R.T. and MetaCritic reviews on all Official RAZZIE Forums about a year ago -- R.T. appears to have an open bias towards lower ratings, and in the case of CARS 2, the fact that it's Pixar even suggests they may be skewing their numbers with intent, for publicity reasons...  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Looks like Pixar doesn't care about toys, bugs, monsters, fishes, superheroes, rats, robots, and dogs that have speech collars on. They all want cars and more CARS! Forget the toys! Seriously, Cars is starting to become like the Hannah Montana of Pixar, even though the first Cars was decent.
I know, right?! So what if "Cars" toys sell or not. "Incredibles 2", "Monsters Inc. 2", or "Finding Nemo 2" would have been a MUCH better choice than doing a sequel to one of the least liked of the Pixar movies.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 12:56pm

How could they make a Finding Nemo sequel? Maybe, it could by a Dory spin-off.

Also, my niece and nephew saw this yesterday and they enjoyed it.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

How could they make a Finding Nemo sequel? Maybe, it could by a Dory spin-off.
I don't know, but however it would be done, it would have been better than a sequel to "Cars" of all movies.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 3:35pm
The only Pixar sequel that could work would be THE INCREDIBLES 2(and I think the sequel is needed).A BUG'S LIFE 2 maybe depending on the plot.Not so sure about MONSTERS INC 2(which is happening).Every other Pixar sequel would suck,because their stories had enough closure.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 3:50pm

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Gotta agree with you that there does appear to be some kind of "Pixar backlash" involved in this film's numbers, specifically those on R.T. (LINK). While Tomatoes currently has this at a lowly 33%, reviews at MetaCritic are still at a reputable, though admittedly mediocre, 58% (LINK). This dichotomy between the two sites' numbers is precisely why I started putting links to both R.T. and MetaCritic reviews on all Official RAZZIE Forums about a year ago -- R.T. appears to have an open bias towards lower ratings, and in the case of CARS 2, the fact that it's Pixar even suggests they may be skewing their numbers with intent, for publicity reasons...

Still, a 58% score on Metacritic when almost all the other Pixar films had scores in the 80's and 90's? That's a catastrophe!

Originally posted by Vits

The only Pixar sequel that could work would be THE INCREDIBLES 2(and I think the sequel is needed).A BUG'S LIFE 2 maybe depending on the plot.Not so sure about MONSTERS INC 2(which is happening).Every other Pixar sequel would suck,because their stories had enough closure.

Toy Story didn't need a sequel (much less two) and the sequels were still great.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 3:58pm
RESPONSE from Vits: Like "A Bug's Life", "Toy Story"'s sequels depended on the plot. I haven't seen the 3rd one yet, but I know both sequels deal with the issue of kids growing up and forgetting their toys, something that's important in the universe of those movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Vits

Um it's a prequel and it's called Monsters University not Monsters Inc 2. Just correcting you.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:29pm
The 30% and 50% ratings may not seem all that bad, but like thom said, no Pixar movie has ever gotten less than 80-90% before! And yes, Pixar movies tend to have closure and aren't open-ended for sequels to swoop in, which is why their follow-ups would have to be prequels ("Monsters Inc.) or spin-offs ("Finding Nemo"). And yes, "Incredibles 2" would make for the best sequel, because the stale state of the superhero movie is in need of a breath of fresh air!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 9:29pm
Cars 2 wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. For a non-Pxiar film, it's pretty mediocre. The question, "Why, John Lasseter?" was repeated in my head throughout the film. The plot is kinda confusing and it really needed some work. The film looks fantastic though, but that's a given for a Pixar film. 5.5/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>