Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member-Started Forum: I AM NUMBER FOUR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member-Started Forum: I AM NUMBER FOUR
    Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:55am
Acording to the article, it had a worse opening day than either Jumper or Percy Jackson & The Olympians, (two films that flopped and therefor never had sequels). I highly doubt that this film will break even on its 50 million dollar budget... 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:57am
We'll just have to wait and see. 

Once again, how many of you (4 users apparently, coincidence?) actually have seen this movie?  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:22pm
So we can only hope the same will happen with this movie. Although, for all we know, the sequels to the movies you mentioned are in production and are just keeping VERY low profiles.  

Originally posted by Vheid

Acording to the article, it had a worse first day than both Jumper and Percy Jackson & The Olympians, two films that flopped and therefor didn't get a sequel. I highly doubt that this film will break even it's 50 million dollar budget.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 1:07pm
Roger Ebert gave this 1.5 stars,which is 25% good. 

Originally posted by Vits

Once again,how many of you(4 users apparently,coindence?)have seen this movie?

O.K.,how many times do I have to ask? Please just answer "yes" or "no"...
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 10:20pm
Here's my review of I Am Number Four which I saw this evening. 
After seeing it again on DVD, I'm revising my review.

I thought action thrillers were supposed to be about action. The film drones on for nearly 45 minutes with the standard high school drama that you've come to know and hate. Then it finally gets around to the action we paid to see.  It's like they made a point to include all the cliches of this genre. Especially in the love story, it didn't feel genuine. The lack of chemistry between the only moderately talented actors doesn't help. 

For that matter, nothing in this film felt genuine. Some characters and plot points seemed so out of place and irrelevant, it's like they were just going through a check list of things to set up for future films. And of course the film's ending was obviously designed as the beginning of a franchise ("I Am Number Five"), but the lackluster box office performance doesn't make the case for a sequel. 

There's honestly not one scene in this film that feels original or rings true, besides exhausted teenager drama. Nothing kept me on the edge of my seat. Lines of dialogue that were supposed to funny and clever, simply weren't. They, like this whole movie, fell flat. 

This entire film is a compilation of clichés and dreadfully familiar narrative. The only credit I give the film makers is for not following the crowd by adding cheap 3D effects. 

Final Verdict: Ill-conceived, misguided and shamelessly derivative, I Am Number Four succeeds only as an unintentional comedy.
Final Grade:  F

Razzie Recommendations:
Worst Picture
Worst Actor - Alex Pettyfer (perhaps a double nominee with Beastly)
Worst Screenplay
Worst Director - DJ Caruso
Worst Supporting Actor - Kevin Durand
Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Ripoff (of Twilight Saga)
Worst Screen Couple or Screen Ensemble: The Entire Cast of I Am Number Four
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 10:45am
Welcome Billingsley.

Why do you think it should be up for "Director" and "Screenplay" but not "Picture"?
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 12:35pm
Because my worst picture list is as follows:

Big Momma 3
The Green Hornet
Justin Bieber 3D
Season of the Witch
The Roommate.

Although, I think they ought to start nominating 10 movies for Worst Picture, since the Oscars started doing that. 
If they had 10 for worst picture, I think Killers, Marmaduke, Grown Ups, Piranha 3D and Jonah Hex would have been nominated as well.
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by billingsley

The Green Hornet
Justin Bieber 3D
Those movies only got average reviews so don't expect them getting razzed.
Originally posted by billingsley

If they had 10 for worst picture, I think Killers, Marmaduke, Grown Ups, Piranha 3D and Jonah Hex would have been nominated as well.
PIRANHA 3D was the best reviewed horror movie of the year.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 11:28am

PIRANHA 3D was the best reviewed horror movie of the year.
So? That doesn't keep it safe from Razzie voters who didn't like it. "Twilight 3" proved that.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 11:45am
But PIRANHA 3D's overall reviews were good,not average.Not to mention there was no alternate motiv to get nominated.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 2:54pm

But PIRANHA 3D's overall reviews were good,not average.Not to mention there was no alternate motiv to get nominated.
There's always just poor taste.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 3:18pm
Are you saying it didn't deserve good reviews?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 5:40pm

Are you saying it didn't deserve good reviews?
Yeah. It was just "Jaws", only with different killer fish, dumb humor, and alot more nudity. If you ask me, it was just "Batman & Robin Under The Sea".
Garfed View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Garfed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 5:43pm
Another negative comment on this! Rotten Tomatoes has given it 29% (very bad, but not the worst of the year.) To HeadRAZZ: Please add to your list of "Official competitors" at your earliest convenience!
davestack View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote davestack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 4:37am
Reading the novel is better. Not saying it's a good book but it's better than to watch the movie.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:42am

I just saw it. It was not as bad as i expected it to be. During some parts i even had fun with the movie.

I've now seen 18 of the 24 movies with a forum on this site (I also count Member-Started Forums).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>