Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member-Started Forum: I AM NUMBER FOUR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member-Started Forum: I AM NUMBER FOUR
    Posted: May 09 2011 at 4:43pm
What rating would you give it?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 8:03am
Vits, I can't tell you. I am not critic (and wouldn't be good at it if i were) so i find it hard to write reviews and give star-ratings.  
shi1haz View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote shi1haz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 12:52pm
Well, at least I can now scratch this movie off my list of wanna sees...thanks!
SharonDTaylor View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SharonDTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 12:44am
Highly anticipated yet very disappointing.  I didn't like this movie at all.
tinajane View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tinajane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2011 at 12:42am
They should release a single, stand-alone movie, wait to see how audiences take to it, and  IF the movie is well-liked by critics and audiences alike, THEN turn it into a franchise. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 4:18pm
RESPONSE from Vits: Click here to see my buddy Mitch's (he is a pro-critic) take on this movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 1:46pm
RESPONSE from Vits: I just saw this, and it's everything you can expect. A plot borrowed from every CW show, with decent action sequences and an ending both borrowed from every anime show, and a mythology that feels as if they wrote it in one afternoon.

Pettyfer* just poses for the camera. Agron is decent, and they have good chemistry. But the dialogue is laughable.

And of course,the plot holes:
-I can buy that the Mogadorians speak english, but they should've explained it. Specially since they speak fluently.
-If the Mogadorians kill by number order, why did they try to kill NUMBER 6 first (they must have since they killed her guardian)?
-If SARAH is such an expert in photography, why did she ask JOHN to show his "lights" in the dark room?
-Did SAM give any explanation to his mom as to why he's leaving town with the "terrorist"?
-Didn't anyone cared that the dog almost sacrificed himself?

I give this 3/10.

*I want him for consideration. Maybe Worst Picture and Remake as well, but not Actress, Supp. Actor/Actress, Couple/Ensemble, Director or Screenplay (the movie pays respect to the book, even if the latter is also a piece of sh*t).
Helion83 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helion83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:16am
Firstly, I haven't seen the film although from what I understand the same premise of the 9 being killed "in order" still holds true.  Correct?

Well...  Perhaps someone can help me with a bit of a plothole I can't wrangle my head around.

(In white for those who don't want spoliers)

So, if the 9 can only be killed in order, also John Smith is quite specific regarding the charm which protects them, then why do the "bad guys" try and kill Number 6 when she is pretty much immune to their attacks?

The book states "any damage done to the Loric with the charm will immediately be done back to the user, so if someone were to shoot me in the head the bullet would exit my skull and return to theirs".  So...  Why does Six get shot, stabbed and wounded and we are given the impression that she's under threat when the charm that protects her and the other 5 should make them pretty much immune warriors.

Right?

So...  How can Six be hurt if she has a charm directly designed to protect against harm?  Even against Alien weapons.

Cheers 'n thanks!  

Originally posted by Vits

And of course,the plot holes:
-I can buy that the Mogadorians speak english, but they should've explained it.Specially since they speak fluently.
-If the Mogadorians kill by number order, why did they try to kill NUMBER 6 first (they must have since they killed her guardian)?
-If SARAH is such an expert in photography, why did she ask JOHN to show his "lights" in the dark room?
-Did SAM give any explanation to his mom as to why he's leaving town with the "terrorist"?
-Didn't anyone cared that the dog almost sacrificed himself?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 9:37am
RESPONSE from Vits: I've checked, and the writers admitted that they changed a few things from the book. Personally, I didn't find any of those things important, which why I still believe the movie's respectful towards the book.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:31pm
Seeing as how this movie was produced by Michael Bay, that alone might be enough for it to get a couple nods and wins!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:48pm

RESPONSE from Vits: I've checked, and the writers admitted that they changed a few things from the book. Personally, I didn't find any of those things important, which why I still believe the movie's respectful towards the book.

Being respectful to it's source material does not always mean it's a good movie (just saying).
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 12:50pm

That's good and all, but they should have also tried making the movie watchable, too! Not to mention try to cover up all those plotholes.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
michealbi View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote michealbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2011 at 11:22pm
I have watched this film and must to say I love Diana Argon, she's so beautiful.Tongue
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 7:16am
RESPONSE from Vits: But the real question is "Did you love the movie?".
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 3:58pm
Based on that post, I would guess "no". When the best comment you can make is that the lead actor or actress is hot, it's not saying much about the rest of the movie.  

RESPONSE from Vits: But the real question is "Did you love themovie?".
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 11:03am
I've been putting this one off.

The good:

Teresa Palmer: She's cool and hot. She should have been the main character! She's more masculine than Alex Pettyfer! She was a bright spot in the, also, disastrous but not as disastrous Take Me Home Tonight.

The dog: The dog was pretty cool as well. The movie should have been those two fighting aliens.

Dianna Agron's hotness: Ms. Agron is very hot. That's all I have to say.

The bad:

Jake Abel: Abel is a hack of an actor who plays a hack of a role.

Dianna Agron's acting: Agron may be hot but she can't act at all. I don't watch Glee, so I can't compare her acting to her other performances.

J.S. Cardone: This hack directed Eagle Eye and Disturbia. He shows no talent as a director. And this bastard is gonna direct a Preacher movie. DAMMIT!

The ugly:

Alex Pettyfer: This pretty-boy hack can't act. He's as stiff as wood, but without the redeeming qualities like the ability to keep warm in the winter.

The aliens: Remember how I said that the Battle: LA aliens were dumb-looking? Well that've got nothing on these pathetic invaders.

The death of originality: Everything in this movie is stolen from something else. The romance is between a small-town girl and a boy who can sparkle with powers. The thing from another planet makes friends with a boy named Sam who doesn't know he's from another planet at first. The bad guy is bald guy with no nose and killed the main character's parents. I could go on for hours.

Wow! That was a bad one. I should mention that the book that this was based on was ghost-written by James Frey, the guy who bamboozled Oprah. Grade: D-

Next-up: I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell (special review), Passion Play, or Something Borrowed!

Also, before I end this review; here's a shot that I got from the Trespass trailer. Enjoy:

DANCE OFF!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>