Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member-Started Forum: I AM NUMBER FOUR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member-Started Forum: I AM NUMBER FOUR
    Posted: February 17 2011 at 10:54am
NOW THAT WE'RE HALFWAY INTO FEBRUARY, IT'S LIKELY THAT NEW RELEASES WON'T BE FORGOTTEN BY THE END OF THE YEAR LIKE THOSE IN JANUARY. THAT COULD BE THE CASE FOR "I AM NUMBER TWO FOUR". SINCE THE RAZZIE RADAR IS BUSY WITH "BIG MOMMAS" THIS WEEK (AND SOME USERS FELT THE NEED FOR THIS FILM TO ALSO HAVE A FORUM) I DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

THE LAST DECADE PROVED THAT SUPER-HERO MOVIES CAN BE GOOD. BUT IT ALSO PROVED THAT IF YOUR STORY FOCUSES MORE ON BEING ABOUT TEENS AND/OR FOR TEENS, THE RESULTS CAN BE UGLY. SO THIS MOVIE COULD BE THE BIGGEST BOX OFFICE HIT OF THE YEAR AND THE BIGGEST CRITICAL FLOP OF THE YEAR, ALL IN ONE.

IT STARS NEWCOMER ALEX PETTYFER, AND I THINK THAT WOULD'VE BEEN A MUCH COOLER NAME FOR THE CHARACTER. IT CO-STARS TIMOTHY OLYPHANT AND DIANNA AGRON, WHO AT LEAST HAVE SHOWN THEY'RE GOOD TV ACTORS. IT'S DIRECTED BY J.D. CARUSO (THE SOMEHOW-NOT-NOMINEE "EAGLE EYE") AND IT'S WRITTEN BY USUAL TV WRITER MARTI NOXON AND ALFRED GOUGH & MILES MILLAR, THE BERRY DEFINITION OF HIT-OR-MISS.

BASED ON EVERYTHING STATED ABOVE, I PREDICT THE BEST PART OF THIS MOVIE WILL BE IT'S ADDITION TO THE DEBATE OF "IS RAZZIE WINNER MICHAEL BAY WORSE AS A DIRECTOR OR AS A PRODUCER?".

PETTYFER: "The paparazzi! They still must be wondering if we're dating"
AGRON: "Oh, no! What if they see that we're actually reading from cards?"
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 3:17pm
Nice work, Vits.

As for the question if Michael Bay is worst as a director or a producer. I'd say director because he can do more direct harm to the picture. Eventhough he also seem to have an extremely bad track record when it comes to producing (almost every single horror-remake in the last few years).
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 6:22pm
Even as a producer, you can sense Bay's directorial influence on the movie, like his music-video-style pacing, poor writing, so-so performances, etc. The man simply has no business being in the movie business! 

Originally posted by Vheid

As for the question if Michael Bay is worst as a director or a producer. I'd say director because he can do more direct harm to the picture. Eventhough he also seem to have an extremely bad track record when it comes to producing (almost every single horror-remake in the last few years).
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 7:09pm
Come on, Metacritic! Give this another negative review! At least Rotten Tomatoes already gave it a 29% (very bad, but not the worst this year). To HeadRAZZ: Please add this to your official contenders list at your earliest convenience!

As for the film itself, it's an adaptation of a sci-fi alien novel, where the mission is to save the 4th unit of an alien agency (?) after his three predecessors have been killed. But you know what they say about Michael Bay's production credits. Besides, you put this in the hands of a director with that resume, and you see how well it turns out.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 11:34am
Rotten Tomatoes has a concensus:

"It's positioned of the as the start of a franchise, but "I Am Number Four"'s familiar plot and unconvincing performances add up to one noisy, derivative, and ultimately forgettable sci-fi thriller".

Nice work, Vits.
Wink
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 4:36pm
Note to Hollywood: I know this is very hard for you to understand or consider, but maybe, just maybe ... you should release a single, stand-alone movie, wait and see how audiences take to it, and then IF the movie is well-liked by critics and audiences alike, THEN turn it into a franchise. 

Crazy idea, isn't it? 

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 7:07pm

Yeah,Burn.That's what ruined MR. BROOKS(1/10).

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 9:00pm
The insanely poor casting choices on Mr. Brooks didn't help either. Kevin Costner = hasn't had a hit movie in over a decade. Demi Moore = never really taken all that seriously. Dane Cook = unfunny comedian who is only famous for his online fan following. That doesn't sound like a winning line-up to me. 

Originally posted by Vits

Yeah,Burn.That's what ruined MR. BROOKS(1/10).
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 3:42am
What are Burn and Vits talking about? Mr Brooks wasn't THAT poorly recieved. 56% positive on RT -- not really anything to write home to, but not something to shoot yourself in the head after watching either.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:32am
As I have said MANY times before, 50% positive range reviews on RT don't impress me at all... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:20am
Yes,that movie's reviews were only average.But critics disliked the movie for the same reasons I did:

HAVE YOU EVER MET A "MR. BROOKS"?YOU HAVE?SORRY(*/*****):

The main problem with the story is that it seems it's made up as it goes along.

The main problem with the premise is that BROOKS & MARSHALL barely argue,making the latter kind of pointless.Their conversations are voice-over thougths split in two and said out loud.At least it isn't narrating.If it was it would tell us the obvious.

The main problem with the script is that it tries so hard to engage us to watch the trilogy with the same methods(like leaving loose ends)that a TV pilot would use(it originally was a TV show)that it doesn't become aware that a trilogy can't happen if people don't like the first movie,and people won't like it if they see only a first act.

Grades: F in the U.S. and 1,0 in Chile.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:35am
To get back on the topic of this forum...

I.m Nr. 4 will NOT have a sequel/franchise. Seeing that it just lost the top box office-spot to Unknown. [link]
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:40am
But it's not for sure yet. 

How many of you guys have seen this movie? What did you think?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:55am
Vits, what's not for sure?

And about what film are you talking now, Nr. 4 or Mr. Brooks?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:58am
Just because it didn't debut at #1 it doesn't mean it won't have sequels. 

I was talking about this movie (I Am Number Four).
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:37am
I wouldn't be too sure about no sequels. All a movie needs to do in order to have a sequel greenlit (or in these days, a SERIES of sequels) is break even at the box office, or through DVD sales. I'm sure this is just a minor speed bump before Mr. Bay moves ahead with a sequel after he is done whipping his ass with the "Transformers" movies. 

To get back on the topic of this forum...

I.m Nr. 4 will NOT have a sequel/franchise. Seeing that it just lost the top box office-spot toUnknown. [link]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>