Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > PINK PANTHER, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?
    Posted: April 24 2009 at 12:33am
Someone get me a copy of that one horror movie with Odette whatshername in it. I could watch that on mute.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 4:44am
Odette Yustman? Background character from the movie "Cloverfield" and the star of that awful film "The Unborn?"  That Odette whatshername? or are we talking of a different Odette whatshername?
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:08am
Yea, that Odette Whatshername.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:35am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Yea, that Odette Whatshername.

Why waste the time on the Unborn, when you can watch Cloverfield instead? Sure not many people cared for Cloverfield, it would seem... But, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then the Unborn! And it has Odette in it...

But hey, I suppose I could watch The Unborn again...if I had two robot pals, and a movie theater... and perhaps if I was on a spaceship out in outerspace somewhere...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:07pm

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

But hey, I suppose I could watch The Unborn again...if I had two robot pals, and a movie theater... and perhaps if I was on a spaceship out in outerspace somewhere...

Most likely, that is a precise description of the special place in hell that awaits all of we, the loyal Razzie membership.

On the bright side, we'll all end up with two friends....

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:40pm

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Why waste the time on the Unborn, when you can watch Cloverfield instead?

Or better yet, watch "The Dark Knight", or "Pulp Fiction", or "GhostBusters", or any movie that is not "The Unborn".

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 11:43pm
I already own Cloverfield... That's why. And I thought the post of this little side-quest was to request that someone purchase a terrible movie for us.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:17am
The Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction and Ghostbusters don't have Odette in them, that's why they wouldn't work...

And if you REALLY want a copy of "The Unborn", dEd, I'll make sure to get you one. Maybe even 2, so you can have a back-up copy!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 12:39am
TDK had Maggie Gyllellelelelhall... She's the kinda chick I might actually date in real life, so she's no fun to pretend to date. Pulp Fiction had Uma Thurman the last time she looked really hot, so that's something... Sigorney Weaver has never really done it for me... Yea, gonna have to give a proper nod to Unborn for having Odette.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 11:49am

TDK had Maggie Gyllellelelelhall... She's the kinda chick I might actually date in real life, so she's no fun to pretend to date. Pulp Fiction had Uma Thurman the last time she looked really hot, so that's something... Sigorney Weaver has never really done it for me... Yea, gonna have to give a proper nod to Unborn for having Odette.

Indeed. And it's pretty sad that the highest praise that can be given to "The Unborn" is having a good-looking lead actress.

Also, just since it hasn't been mentioned in a while... Pink Panther 2.

Now back to the subject of Odette. Girl really needs to pick better roles... "The Unborn" did not deserve the hotness.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:24am
Wasn't there someone hot in PP2? Beyonce or someone? I really don't feel like looking it up right now.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:43am

Wasn't there someone hot in PP2? Beyonce or someone? I really don't feel like looking it up right now.

You'll have to talk to someone who actually SAW the movie for that.... That was one crap movie that I had no interest in.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 2:53am

Truth be told, I have a feeling exactly NO ONE went to see it; it died so quickly I have to assume no one showed up at all.  At least, though, if so that should kill off any more they were considering (although if they wanted to restart the Panther cartoon series to run before films and stick to the parameters Friz Freleng laid down, that would be just fine)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 6:19am
Considering the dismal numbers that the past two have gotten, I doubt they'll try again. They've gotta remake "The Birds" or something. Something else that steals the name of something else with no real connection to the original.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 9:54am

Considering the dismal numbers that the past two have gotten, I doubt they'll try again. They've gotta remake "The Birds" or something. Something else that steals the name of something else with no real connection to the original.

Damn, I saw that at first, and my mind saw "The 'Burbs" and not "The Birds". And I got myself to thinking "Why would anyone want to remake that old Tom Hanks movie?" And then I cursed myself, because I realized now that the thought has entered my mind, Hollywood is going to snatch it up and run with it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:15pm
I could seriously see them trying to remake The Burbs... and maybe even What About Bob? starring Rob Schneider.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>