Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > PINK PANTHER, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?
    Posted: April 29 2009 at 1:46pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

TDK had Maggie Gyllellelelelhall

Well then forget Odette and "TDK" and watch Maggie G. in "Secretary", "Sherry Baby" and/or the HBO movie "Strip Search". Not only is her acting amazing in all three, but she gets quite naked in all three. And by "quite", I mean completely.

CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Michaels

Well then forget Odette and "TDK" and watch Maggie G. in "Secretary", "Sherry Baby" and/or the HBO movie "Strip Search". Not only is her acting amazing in all three, but she gets quite naked in all three. And by "quite", I mean completely.

If I were to look for a movie with Maggie in it, I'd go for The Dark Knight, or Donnie Darko. No nudity, but I don't need nudity to find enjoyment in a film.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 3:06am

2 - Movie cross promotion on a game show? You think people were trying to get on the show just in time to win the marvelous $20 prize to see Pink Panther 2? Regardless of whether or this is a good movie, the fact that this is being called and unwanted sequel is pretty fair. I beg you to find me one person who saw the first one and say, "I can't wait for a sequel."

There may be a few problems with this one...

FIRST...they have to get him out of his padded cell...
TWO...they have to remove his straitjacket...
THREE...they have to take him off his medication...
FOUR...the doctors just found out that the lobotomy failed...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 3:34am

Originally posted by Razzilla

2 - Movie cross promotion on a game show? You think people were trying to get on the show just in time to win the marvelous $20 prize to see Pink Panther 2? Regardless of whether or this is a good movie, the fact that this is being called and unwanted sequel is pretty fair. I beg you to find me one person who saw the first one and say, "I can't wait for a sequel."

There may be a few problems with this one...

FIRST...they have to get him out of his padded cell...
TWO...they have to remove his straitjacket...
THREE...they have to take him off his medication...
FOUR...the doctors just found out that the lobotomy failed...

But what if he was never put on the meds in the first place? And truthfully, I think a failed lobotomy would have been a reason NOT to want a sequel, while a successful lobotomy would be cause to want a sequel.

PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 11:52pm

Maggie never did it for me. I think she's definitely got more acting chops than Katie, but sexy? Oddly, I did see "Sherry Baby", and never connected the dots . . . .

Sigorney is hot. Just something about tuff wummen . . . .

If I want the hottness, I'll just slap in my favorite guilty pleasure, Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle". I swear, Cameron's @$$ must be a muppet controlled off-camera . . . . or an alien.  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 1:09am
Originally posted by PopcornAvenger

If I want the hottness, I'll just slap in my favorite guilty pleasure, Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle". I swear, Cameron's @$$ must be a muppet controlled off-camera . . . . or an alien.  

Oh yes, Sigorney and the infamous underwear scene from "Alien". As for guilty pleasure, "Bring It On", the first movie. Light and fluffy, but short, sweet and to the point.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by PopcornAvenger

Oh yes, Sigorney and the infamous underwear scene from "Alien". As for guilty pleasure, "Bring It On", the first movie. Light and fluffy, but short, sweet and to the point.

Ok, I can see Bring it on as a guilty pleasure. Kirsten Dunst, and Eliza Dushku... Lots of guilty pleasures right there indeed.

But Charlie's Angels? There was pleasure even of the guilty variety there? There must be some sort of masochism there... Pain is pleasure type of stuff, because I swear that movie causes physical pain...

Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Ok, I can see Bring it on as a guilty pleasure. Kirsten Dunst, and Eliza Dushku... Lots of guilty pleasures right there indeed.

But Charlie's Angels? There was pleasure even of the guilty variety there? There must be some sort of masochism there... Pain is pleasure type of stuff, because I swear that movie causes physical pain...

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. For m'self, I don't think Maggie is very sexy and I didn't care for Sherry Baby. Cameron is just one of those babes that I'd watch in anything, due to sheer unbridled lust.

NOW, if was she co-starring in a new film with Will Ferrell . . I'd probably explode from the conflict, like mixing matter and anti-matter.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:35pm
Ulgh... Haven't been able to get into anything Cameron Diaz since The Mask.
-Iron helps us play-
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:36pm
In Her Shoes wasn't bad.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 3:23pm
I'm gonna have to side with dEd on this one...  Cameron Diaz is over-rated... Putting her in a movie with Will Ferrell would cause no problems for me... I'd be avoiding it either way.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 1:26am
Oh Will Ferrell... How the mighty have fallen... He'll probably end up starring in "The Pink Panther Also Too Again"
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 4:01am
Will Ferrell needs to just go back to Saturday Night Live. He is much more bearable in 7 minute skits, rather then 2 hour movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 7:44am
I'm still quite a fan of Anchorman, but then, my life is practically living that movie.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 4:37pm
I still don't see why people liked Anchorman. I couldn't stand the movie... Maybe my brain is wired wrong...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 5:24pm

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Will Ferrell needs to just go back to Saturday Night Live. He is much more bearable in 7 minute skits, rather then 2 hour movies.

That's the problem with SNL skits become movies. SNL's jokes are only funny for so many minutes, but over 90 or 120 minutes is too much.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>