Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > PINK PANTHER, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Unwelcome Sequel of the Year?!?
    Posted: May 21 2009 at 3:03am
I think the first Wayne's World might have been the closest SNL has come to a successful skit-turned-movie....
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 8:06am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I think the first Wayne's World might have been the closest SNL has come to a successful skit-turned-movie....

Yep, it was the only SNL movie to have a sequel, so it was the closest thing to a successful and funny skit movie. But they haven't done anything good since.

CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 4:36pm
Yeah, I've tried to think of another SNL movie that was even close to fun, and I am coming up empty... I think Wayne's World will forever hold the title of Best SNL-based Movie.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 1:43am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I still don't see why people liked Anchorman. I couldn't stand the movie... Maybe my brain is wired wrong...

If you knew anchormen, it's funnier. Scary accurate at times.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 6:34am
Nope, never met any Anchormen in my life. I've met some people who have been on the news, though... Does that count?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:27pm
It's not quite the same. When you hear an anchorman spouting gibberish like that as soon as he gets off camera...
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:40pm
If I want to hear someone spouting Gibberish, all I have to do is talk to some of my Third Shift co-workers... They speak gibberish quite fluently.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 12:31am
It's just funnier when someone goes from "And he was slowly devoured by cannibals from the Ozarks. We'll be right back.... DOOOOPACHUPACHUPACHUUUUUUuuuu"
-Iron helps us play-
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 7:56pm
I know this topic hasn't been posted in for a while, but...

The SOLE thing I liked about the first Pink Panther movie was the line, "I haav...in my pokkit...a caauple of dambagat!" I compared it with the other RAZZIE nominated films for 2006 and determined it to be the 18th worst of them.

Then there's the sequel. It deserves a nomination for Worst Picture, but All About Steve deserves to "win". TPP2 deserves Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Rip-Off though.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456