Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MOVIE 43

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MOVIE 43
    Posted: January 25 2013 at 10:43am
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION 

INFO LINKS FOR THIS FILM:

ROTTEN TOMATOES Reviews... 

B.O. MoJo PAGE...

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE...

IMDb LISTING... 

IN OCTOBER 2012, A TRAILER FOR A STRANGE-LOOKING ENSEMBLE COMEDY DEBUTED ONLINE. IT WENT ON FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES, BUT I CAN'T RECALL HOW LONG IT WAS EXACTLY. THE FIRST CLIP SHOWED A PICNIC, WHERE ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN SOUND LIKE THEY'RE ABOUT TO PROPOSE TO EACH OTHER, BUT INSTEAD, SHE SAYS, "WILL YOU POOP ON ME?" ANOTHER TRAILER RELEASED IN LATE NOVEMBER/EARLY DECEMBER SHOWED A BASKETBALL TEAM, WHERE ONE PLAYER TOLD ANOTHER TO USE HIS GENITALS TO KNOCK OVER HIS RIVALS -- IN A GAME OF BASKETBALL. I NOW HEARD EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO HEAR TO KNOW THAT MOVIE 43 WAS GOING TO EMBODY EVERYTHING WRONG WITH SCATOLOGICAL COMEDY IN A POST-Y2K WORLD.

BY JANUARY, I WAS WARNING EVERYONE ABOUT MOVIE 43, COMING AT THE END OF THE MONTH. THERE WERE ONLY A FEW PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG. ONLY A HANDFUL OF US EVEN TALKED ABOUT THIS FILM. IT WAS NOT PRE-SCREENED FOR CRITICS, AND IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY REVIEWS ON ROTTEN TOMATOES (UNTIL OPENING MORNING). I THOUGHT THE APPROVAL RATING WOULD BE LOW, BUT I SHOULD'VE KNOWN THAT ALL of THE FIRST 6 REVIEWS WOULD BE NEGATIVE. THE ENSEMBLE CAST INCLUDES SOME FAMILIAR FACES TO THE RAZZIES, INCLUDING HALLE BERRY, GERARD BUTLER, AND KATE BOSWORTH. BUT MOST INTRIGUING OF ALL IS THE 11 DIRECTORS. THIS HAS TO AT LEAST MAKE OUR 2013 NOMINATING BALLOT FOR WORST ENSEMBLE CAST -- AND IT WOULD PROBABLY SERVE US WELL TO CONSIDER MOVIE 43 FOR A JOINT NOMINATION FOR WORST DIRECTOR

BUT DON'T LET ME BE THE ONLY ONE MASHING MOVIE 43. VENT AT THIS 43-POUND BLOB OF MUCK BELOW!

VERY CLEVER, ALL OF YOU INVOLVED IN THIS *H**FEST! 
A LEMON-LIME COLORED SORCERESS DRESSED ONLY IN 
BLUE WRITING? I CAN TASTE THE MEDICINE-FLAVORED 
CITRUS DRINKS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! THE SCATOLOGY 
SMELLS FILTHIER THAN EVER BEFORE! 

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 10:49am
Yep, they're going on my list...all of them!
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 11:09am
It is starting off with 0% at R.T.!

Originally posted by GTAHater767

IT WOULD PROBABLY SERVE US WELL TO CONSIDER MOVIE 43 FOR A JOINT NOMINATION FOR WORST DIRECTOR.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 3:30pm
That was for Worst Screenplay.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

JackdaMan171 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JackdaMan171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 7:57pm
It's only January, and I already have my worst film of the year! This should be up for Worst Picture, Worst Screen Ensemble, Worst Screenplay, and for Worst Director -- with an (s) in parentheses!   

I didn't laugh at all, except for a couple times when the dumb audience did, and only because laughter is contagious. Any good traits this film has? It's easily forgettable...and that's it!  

travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 11:31pm
It's also worth noting that Hugh Jackman and Naomi Watts are in this movie, and they are both nominated for Oscars this year. Being in a movie this crappy could hurt their chances of winning, kinda how Eddie Murphy being in Norbit (which came out during the time he was Oscar-nominated for Dreamgirls) supposedly caused him to lose... 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 4:20am
So, according to IMDb, among the people who managed to avoid involvement in this fiasco are George Clooney, Colin Farrell, and, in the directors' chair, Trey Parker and Matt Stone (It'd be "The End Times" if Trey and Matt got Razzie nominations)...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 12:02pm
R.T. (5%): "A star-studded turkey loaded with gleefully offensive and often scatological gags, but largely bereft of laughs".
Originally posted by oiram

Originally posted by Vits

It wouldn't be the first time something like that happens.

That was for Worst Screenplay.
I know, that's why I said "like". The point is that, unlike the Oscars which have a rule about the number of nominees per category, the Razzies have no problem in awarding dozens of people.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 6:30pm
Come and ponder the cast & crew for Movie 43 at IMDb for awhile.  Doesn't this strike you as the excretable (take that any way you want) version of Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve?

There's only one conclusion.  This movie has been flushed down the crapper, which makes this movie ours for the WHIZZING RAZZING!

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 9:12pm
Boy!  This film is setting the bar pretty low.  Richard Roeper called it 'the "Citizen Kane" of awful' and referenced "Showgirls," "Howard the Duck," and "Freddy Got Fingered" in his review: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130123/REVIEWS/130129973

"Pain and Gain," "After Earth," and "The Host" may have their work cut out for them.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 4:02am
...and don't forget Adam Sandler's Grown Ups 2! 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 9:53am
As I said in another forum (which I'm guessing you didn't read), this has nothing to do with NEW YEAR'S EVE, VALENTINE'S DAY, WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING, THINK LIKE A MAN, HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU nor LOVE ACTUALLY. It's an Anthology Movie. 

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Come and ponder the cast & crew for Movie 43 at IMDb for awhile.  Doesn't this strike you as the excretable (take that any way you want) version of Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 12:41pm
A.k.a. a "portmanteau film".  Okay, so instead of intertwining the multiple storylines like those other films, Movie 43 keeps them separate.  Would you like another hair to split?

And while you're busy splitting hairs, let's talk about something more important, like everybody who squandered their career on this portmanteau film:

Dennis Quaid, Greg Kinnear, Common, Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslett, Naomi Watts, Anna Faris, Emma Stone, Richard Gere, Kate Bosworth, Uma Thurman, Gerard Butler, Halle Berry, Snooki, Terrence Howard, and way too many other names. . . .  

Come and ponder the cast & crew for Movie 43 at IMDb for awhile.  Doesn't this strike you as the excretable (take that any way you want) version of Valentine's Dayand New Year's Eve?
As I said in the other forum (which I'm guessing you didn't read), this has nothing to do with NYE, VD, WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING, THINK LIKE A MAN, HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU nor LOVE ACTUALLY. It's an Anthology Movie.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 1:07pm
Well, I think that there's a big difference between hiring many actors for many short films (where there are big chances that they'll be mostly stars) for practical reasons (you can't make a Portmanteau Film with a few actors*), and, coming up with half-assed ideas as an excuse to reunite actors (stars only) for commercial reasons. LOL

*AMERICAN HORROR STORY is a valid exception.  

A.k.a. a "portmanteau film".  Okay, so instead of intertwining the multiple storylines like those other films, Movie 43 keeps them separate.  Would you like another hair to split?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 3:51pm
I disagree, because you're not considering:

1)  They both "hire many actors"
2)  They both have "many short films", or to be more accurate, many short stories - one intertwines, the other keeps them separate
3)  They both tend to have "half-assed ideas"
4)  They both are excuses to reunite actors (stars only - take, well, Movie 43 for example)

Once you stop disregarding the similarities, we can discuss the only real difference between them.

LOL
Well, I think that there's a big difference between hiring many actors for many short films (where there are big chances that they'll be mostly stars) for practical reasons (you can't make a Portmanteau Film with a few actors*), and, coming up with half-assed ideas as an excuse to reunite actors (stars only) for commercial reasons.

*AMERICAN HORROR STORY is a valid exception.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 4:59pm
Those are the same point. And I've seen plenty of Anthology Films made by famous directors that don't have just stars. For example: NEW YORK STORIES.

1)  They both "hire many actors"
4)  They both are excuses to reunite actors (stars only - take, well, Movie 43 for example)

I really don't wanna sound condescending, but do I have to explain the difference between a short film and a sub-plot?

2)  They both have "many short films", or to be more accurate, many short stories - one intertwines, the other keeps them separate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>