Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MOVIE 43

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MOVIE 43
    Posted: January 27 2013 at 7:46pm
Oh, come on guys -- Why Can't We Be Friends, and forget about this little hissy-fit here??  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2013 at 7:38pm
You say New York Stories, I say Grand Hotel, Crash and Babel.

As for explaining what "subplot" means, you first need to understand a subplot before you can explain it.  See, you have a main plot, and then you have a subplot.  You can't have a subplot without a main plot.  That's different from having many main plots intertwine with each other.  However, you don't see that because you don't know what a main plot is, because if you knew what a main plot was, you wouldn't be using "subplot" to describe Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve.

Speaking of portmanteau films, anybody seen Blame It On The Bellboy?

Originally posted by Vits

Those are the same point. And I've seen plenty of Anthology Films made by famous directors that don't have just stars. For example: NEW YORK STORIES.

Originally posted by cvcjr13

1)  They both "hire many actors"
4)  They both are excuses to reunite actors (stars only - take, well, Movie 43 for example)

I really don't wanna sound condescending, but do I have to explain the difference between a short film and a sub-plot?

2)  They both have "many short films", or to be more accurate, many short stories - one intertwines, the other keeps them separate

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2013 at 7:39pm
oiram, I like that song!  

Okay, Vits, if you'll stop pretending you know something when you don't, I'll be your friend. . .   

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2013 at 10:44am
GRAND HOTEL is actually close enough for comparison, but BABEL isn't star-studded. Besides, BABEL and CRASH have a lot of content.

I say Grand HotelCrash and Babel.

As for explaining what "subplot" means, you first need to understand a subplot before you can explain it.  See, you have a main plot, and then you have a subplot.  You can't have a subplot without a main plot.  That's different from having many main plots intertwine with each other.  However, you don't see that because you don't know what a main plot is, because if you knew what a main plot was, you wouldn't be using "subplot" to describe Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve.
No, no, because... Well... Ummm... Huh. That's actually accurate. Crap!

Anyway, this started because you were comparing MOVIE 43 to those movies. Now we know they're comparable in quality, but not in format (as I said from the beginning).

Okay, Vits, if you'll stop pretending you know something when you don't, I'll be your friend. . . 

1) I was saying something, thinking it was right -- not pretending to know something I don't, Mr. Semantics.

2) I thought we were already friends. I've got you on my Buddy List, and Oiram too -- though I might have to eliminate Oiram for his taste in music.
LOL 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2013 at 6:14am
Check out this "collage" of really nasty reviews on this film: LINK...OUCH!!

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 5:01am
Categories this pile of $h!^ should get nominated for: 

Worst Picture: There's much to hate about this movie. This will be discussed in other categories the movie is worthy of getting nominated. 

Worst Director: Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, Peter Farrelly, Patrik Forsberg, James Gunn, Bob Odenkirk, Brett Ratner & Jonathan VanTulleken. 
All the directors should be condemned. Their combined "effort" resulted in this poorly-structured pile-of-$h!^. 

Worst Screenplay: Steve Baker, Will Carlough, Jacob Fleisher, Patrik Forsberg, Matt Portenoy, Greg Pritikin, Rocky Russo, Jeremy Sosenko & Elizabeth Wright Shapiro. 
What were these writers on when they were working on this? The "story" doesn't make much sense. 

Worst Screen Ensemble: The cast combination just doesn't work. The movie's poor structure just made the the entire cast unlikable.  

Worst Screen Couple: Many pairings in this movie deserve nominations.  

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 4:50am
If anything, this film should receive a "Worst Screen Ensemble" Razzie Award. I might even suggest Worst Picture, but I fear it might be a film best forgotten by year's end... 
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:10pm
I don't know. Unlike movies like THE CALL and DEAD MAN DOWN, people all over the internet have expressed lots of hate for this movie. In fact, several months ago, it was added to this list. I know, it's Wikipedia. But my point is that, several months later, no one has deleted it...meaning that the majority agrees?  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 6:41pm
Well after seeing the trailers for both Movie 43 and Inappropriate Comedy, I can now say that it will be hard to forget two horrible offensive "comedies". Side note: Why would the creators of these films even make movies like that? What's the point or the joke? I don't see how being offensive, racist, sexist or homophobic is funny at all.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 7:24pm
Actually, while MOVIE 43 has remained in the audiences' minds, IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY grossed very little money, to the point where it has only been remembered by a few of the members here.

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Well after seeing the trailers for both Movie 43 and Inappropriate Comedy, I can now say that it will be hard to forget two horrible offensive "comedies".

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Why would the creators of these films even make movies like that? What's the point or the joke? I don't see how being offensive, racist, sexist or homophobic is funny at all.

It can be, but it requires wit. Just look at the stand-up of Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock and Sarah Silverman. And also the works of Trey Parker & Matt Stone, and, some of the works of Seth MacFarlane.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 2:15am
Yeah true, but at the same time these films just outright (and for no reason) offend and make fun of various minority groups and people with disabilities. Like you said, there is no wit, and I think there should be a disclaimer or something on these films. 

Also, I think comedians like Chris Rock and Seth Macfarlane don't really mean what they're saying when doing "offensive jokes" in their stand up routines or on Family Guy. Like what happened at this years Oscars: Seth sang the song "We saw your Boobs" just for shock value...   

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 3:23pm
A little bit of an update on Movie 43: Apparently, Anton Yelchin was in a skit as a necrophiliac, but that got cut. Another thing I noticed was that IMDb had Tony Shalhoub in the cast list, but he was nowhere to be seen either. It now turns out he was in another cut skit (with Julianne Moore) as a pair of detectives. Both of these sequences are said to be "extras" on the DVD...

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 12:42pm
I just saw this movie. Here's my review:

Grade: Rotten Asshole
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 2:23pm
For which categories do you think it should be nominated? Should any of the actors be nominated individually?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 5:21pm
Normally, I'd say what I wanted it nominated for specifically, but this was so bad, that I want it nominated in every single possible category. For Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel, it should be listed as a rip-off of The Groove Tube, The Kentucky Fried Movie, and Robot Chicken. For Worst Screen Couple either nominated all the different couples seperately (i.e. Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet, Anna Faris and Chris Pratt, etc.) or nominate them all together under "Any two actors or actresses guilted into appearing in this." As for Worst Acting, I'd like it if everyone was on the nominating ballot, but there's no chance of that happening. So, here the ones I want to see nominated the most: Halle Berry, Kate Winslet, Naomi Watts, Richard Gere, Dennis Quaid, and Gerard Butler.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 5:22pm
I actually didn't get to see it until I saw it on Netflix.

The professor from Futurama said it best, even though this meme is overrated, but overrated or not, "I don't want to live in this planet anymore." That is my reaction to Movie 43.

This is easily going to the number 1 spot now after the horrors of The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It!, Barney's Great Adventure, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Those three movies are watchable compared to Movie 43.
Pictures move, do they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>