Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Disagree w/Any Past RAZZIES®??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Movies I liked that got RAZZed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movies I liked that got RAZZed
    Posted: January 30 2007 at 12:47pm

On their own, Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are pretty good films, much better than most other films released at the same time as them.  It's only in relation to their predecessors that they seem that much lesser. 

moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:58am
Back to "Mommie Dearest". Previously I mentioned that it got 93 Five Star reviews on Amazon. That number has now increased to 103.
Fred Cooper
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 1:42pm
Amazon now lists 108 five star reviews for "Mommie Dearest".
Fred Cooper
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 7:24am

"Hoffa" got bad reviews as a film, but Nicholson got some good reviews. Ebert thought he (and the movie!!!) were great. Here's a LINK to read Ebert's review...

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 6:07am
WOW! THERE ARE SOOOOOOOOO MANY MOVIES I LIKED THAT GOT RAZZED!!!!!!!:

XANADU
The Hilary Duff Movies
JUST MY LUCK
NEWSIES

AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2007 at 8:52am

Originally posted by moorlock2003

Amazon now lists 108 five star reviews for "Mommie Dearest".

Now it's up to 110 Five Star Reviews for "Mommie Dearest".

Fred Cooper
augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2009 at 7:06pm

Actually, I would not give that much praise for Mommie Dearest. Granted, I do not think that Mommie Dearest deserved as many Razzies as the film has received, but I firmly believe that the film is still overblown, overrated, and even unintentionally funny on some occasions . As for Faye Dunaway, although she did not deserve a Razzie for her performance, I'm afraid she might have thrown herself a little too much into that role. In fact, her over-the-top performance in this film comprises most of the film's legacy.

Now, I am not saying that an overly exerting performance is not a good thing. Al Pacino completely threw himself into Scarface, and Pacino's performance certainly helped give the mostly positive legacy that Scarface has today; However, I think Dunaway's performance has not helped the legacy of Mommie Dearest nearly as much. So, while Mommie Dearest did not deserve the "Worst Picture" trophy, it still should be taken for it has always been: an overly excessive and occasionally campy vehicle for Faye Dunaway.

truleigh View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote truleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 1:57am
Come on, Razzie, you gave De Palma 5 nominations. He's IMO the best director around, more theoretical than Scorsese. You don't like De Palma's movies, that's a fair shot. Don't try to explain your way out of that, like you did with the Scarface nomination. That's pathetic. I know you hate his guts, because he doesn't smile and agree, like one of the pals. That's what all his movies basically are about, the group vs the lone guy. The manipulation of the group. 
I don't like Hollowwood. That's a far shot too. 
truleigh View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote truleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 1:59am
fair
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 5:21pm
Update: Mommie Dearest now rates 125 Five-star reviews on Amazon.
Despite its "bad" reputation, "Mommie Dearest" is without a doubt one of the most beloved cult classics of all time.
Fred Cooper
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 7:00pm
Mommie Dearest is an absolute hoot to watch, but so is Plan 9 From Outer Space. Ultimately, the point is that Mommie Dearest is a lot of fun to watch for all the wrong reasons; not because it is a good or revealing biopic, as it was intended to be.  

Originally posted by moorlock2003

Update: Mommie Dearest now rates 125 Five-star reviews on Amazon.
Despite its "bad" reputation, "Mommie Dearest" is without a doubt one of the most beloved cult classics of all time.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 7:56pm
Mommie Dearest is a compelling watch, for whatever reasons. It is a highly entertaining film that continues to fascinate and gain new fans. I think the truly "bad" movies are the ones that are utterly unwatchable -- which would be about 95% of current Hollywood product! 
Fred Cooper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123