Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MUMMY: 3, AUDIENCES: ZERO!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MUMMY: 3, AUDIENCES: ZERO!
    Posted: October 11 2008 at 10:56am
It's passed $100 Million, but numbers are LOWER than the budget overall...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:37am
In the category for Worst Sequel, I would say HSM3 is first, The Clone Wars is second, and this is third.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 9:17am

If you bring back the category for Worst Film Grossing Over $100M, this would probably win outright.

When the commercials for the DVD were on TV, it told me that Roger Ebert called it "the Best in the Mummy series".  He also called it "plain dumb fun," "absurd," and "preposterous" -- and he still enjoyed it?  How laughable!

And it's your Worst New Movie on DVD this Weak.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 1:17pm

Chances are Ebert's complete quote was more along the lines of "I was expecting this to be the best in the Mummy series, but it turned out to be absurd, preposterous, and plain dumb fun". Yeah, they twist the critics' words around so it's in the movie's favor. That's what the studios do when they can't buy good reviews. Starting to see why we like to razz them? 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123