Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

My Review on Grindhouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Review on Grindhouse
    Posted: April 07 2007 at 2:04pm
First off, you're waiting to see this movie. The first thing to come up is the fake trailer "Machete", directed by Robert Rodriguez. For me, if this was a real film, I won't watch it. It looks okay. It's really nothing special about an illegal alien killing people. There are some funny moments in the trailer, along with nudity, blood, and violence. This also starts off the "stratchy" and "old look" feel of the entire film.

Next, comes "Planet Terror", directed by Robert Rodriguez, one of the two feature length films in this one film. It's about a world getting terrorized by zombies with what you can find like extreme violence, some bloody action, and all.

This film, as a zombie film, is one of the best in history. I liked it better than Dawn of the Dead (probably not the original or Shaun of the Dead, though). In this film, you would meet a Go-Go dancer, Cherry, Wray, her boyfriend(?), Dr. Dakota Block and her husband Dr. William Block, and MANY others that will be joining the splatter.

There are many gross-out moments in this film. You'll find something more than what's in your ordinary zombie film and you'll find some shocking moments, too.

The acting by Rose McGowan is probably the best in this film along with Freddy Rodríguez. Yes, you can also expect funny moments in the film and a sex scene.

If you like zombie films, you'll love this particular well-made zombie film with a lot of gore, violence, and some sex and nudity to fit it all together. I'm giving this film a 10/10.

After that film, you'll have three more fake trailers: The second fake trailer is called "Werewolf Women of the S.S.", directed by Rob Zombie. This one, I would probably not watch if it was made into a real film, but it is funny, especially a cameo by Nicolas Cage, which was funny.

The third fake trailer you'll find is the very funny "Thanksgiving", directed by Eli Roth who gives a cameo. I'm not an Eli Roth fan, per se, but I would watch this film. You'll find very funny dialog with a cringing scene. You can tell you'll have fun watching this entire trailer. This is the best trailer in this whole film.

The fourth and last fake trailer is simply called "Don't", directed by Edgar Wright. Nick Frost gives a cameo appearance. This trailer is basically about almost all the clichés in a horror film like "Don't look behind that door" or "Don't scream for help", which is why it's so funny.

After that intermission, you'll find yourself watching "Death Proof", the second of two feature length films you'll see. This film is about a man, given the name Stuntman Mike, because he's a stuntman and his name is Mike, who picks out random girls and kills them by his "death proof" car, as he says. But his next victims are actually fighting back! I wonder why...

In this film, you'll find more talking than car chases or any action sequence. If you want to see them, you'll have to wait at the end to actually see them but first, you'll have to hear people talk for most of the film.

That's not a bad thing because Quentin Tarantino is really good at writing dialog, so you'll be interested with the conversations in the film, rather than get bored. There are some scenes that are rather gory and violent but most of the film is funny.

After the witty dialog between some people, you'll see the "best car chase in movie history", or at least the TV spot says. Let me sum this best car chase thing up: It ain't the best car chase ever. I find others like the one in "The Island" much more thrilling than this one. But I must say that scene was suspenseful so it probably may be "the best car chase sequence that is real", meaning no CGI.

Here, you'll find Kurt Russell's and Tracie Thoms's performances funny and the others were just mediocre. One thing people might be disappointed in is that this film is mostly crisp clean, meaning it doesn't have as many scratches and old look as "Planet Terror".

If you are thinking this film will be filled with intense car chase sequences, you'll be disappointed but if you know how Tarantino does his movies, you'll like this one, maybe even better than "Planet Terror". I'll give this movie a 9/10. I find "Planet Terror" much more entertaining.

Overall, I'll give this movie a 9/10, which is worth the three hours and payment for the movie. You'll get more with the price of one because this is one good piece!
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 3:54am
I saw on Box Office Report that The Grindhouse is Coming in Fourth which most thought it would come in first with around 20-30 million being it's the only Movie that had great reviews. It look likes every one choosing last week champ Blades Of Glory Meet Robinsons and Are We Done Yet? The Two Worst of The Weak The Weeping and Firehouse Dog are coming 5th and 10th
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 8:20am
I thought Kurt Russell was great in this -- he carried Death Proof. And Nicolas Cage's cameo was hilarious. I also thought Michael Biehn, Rosario Dawson and Freddy Rodriguez were pretty good.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 12:08pm
The video below has my comments on this movie -- Any thoughts?

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply