Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > POSEIDON
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Neither Funny Nor Thrilling...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neither Funny Nor Thrilling...
    Posted: May 08 2006 at 5:22am

WE ALL LOVE THE 1972 ORIGINAL POSEIDON for ALL THE WRONG REASONS -- AND WE HERE at the RAZZIES WERE LOOKING FORWARD to THIS REMAKE LIVING DOWN to ITS PREDECESSOR'S STANDARDS. BUT IT DELIVERS ALMOST NO LAUGHS, and ITS SO-CALLED THRILLS...WERE JUST RUN-of-the-MILL...

Feel free to DISCUSS ...And don't be afraid to get your feet wet!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 10:24am
Well, I like Richard Dreyfuss and actually find Kurt Russell to be somewhat underrated, but yeah, I don't like this film's chances of actually being good.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 3:40pm
This is yet another example proving that Hollywood has run out of ideas. They won't even  let Irwin Allen rest in peace. What is next...a remake of THE TOWERING INFERNO with Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks? Or is it a remake of THE SWARM with Tom Cruise and John Travolta? OR is it a remake of WHEN TIME RAN OUT with Tom Cruise and Nancy Cartwright?

Or are they gonna go back to Irwin's Pre-Voyage film classics like "Double Dynamite", "The History of Mankind", "The Lost World" or "Five Weeks In A
Balloon"?

Are they going to do a remake of BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE
with Sally Field again?

Razz, please assure me that Tim Burton isn't actively working on a big
screen version of LAND OF THE GIANTS...

PLEASE!
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 4:12pm

I just need two Earth-shattering questions answered before I decide if I'm gonna go see POSEIDON this weekend:

1)   Stills from the film show someone singing -- Do we have to sit through a NEW version of "The Morning After"? Or are we going to be subjected to an entirely new song (which will hopefully qualify for Worst Original Song in this year's Razzies)...

2)   Do we get to see former child actor Kurt Russell die -- Preferably in a vat of flaming oil??  If his character survives, include me out!

Everything SUX!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 3:07am

Right now Poseidon's chances are not looking real good, between the early tomatometer reading being at 47% (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/poseidon/ , it was 30%) and one of it's main stars Kurt Russell talking down on it (Reading between the lines he just did it for the paycheck)I expect a not so good opening weekend worse than MI-3's not so glorious opening weekend.

Update: Tomatometer is back down to 31%, this movies chances are (excuse the pun) sinking fast

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 5:21am
The premise for the original was flimsy already.  Add a former Disney stableboy and the usual modern day "effect-you-to-death" type of special effects and you got a Razzie nominee in the making!  (No, I doubt it'll "win"...too many stinkers in line for that!) 
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 4:07pm
I still think Emmy Rossum will be good, at least. Besides, she can ACT!!!!
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by sportsartist24

I still think Emmy Rossum will be good....

SHWING!

JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 4:28am

Just saw this on a Netflix DVD last night: What a disappointment! Boring, pointless and, even though it's a good 20 minutes shorter than the 1972 version, it seemed TWICE as long!

There was one clip I could see being used in the Razzies, though. Just after the tidal wave hit, the lady stowaway character asked Richard Dreyfuss: "How bad is it??"  To which Dreyfuss answered: "It's very bad!"

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 4:05pm
Looking at the 2006 Oscar nominees, this film's nominated for Best Achievement in Visual Effects, going up against Pirates and the other Razzie nominee, Superman Returns. Ok, this film did have good Visual Effects, but I still found it Berry Bad. While watching this film, it sorta reminded me of the weak Oscar winning film, Titanic, but instead, it was a carnival ship and not an ocean steamer.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:51am
I think Pirates will beat off Supie and this film for the Best Achievements in Visual Effects Oscar. Though, of course, everyone was disappointed with the ending to Pirates 2. Even I was disappointed with the ending as well.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:31pm
I liked Emmy Rossum in The Phantom of the Opera, as well as another bad film, which should have gotten maybe a few Razzie noms, The Day After Tomorrow. That film looked a lot like a total disaster, as well as this movie.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 6:59am

Yep, she was good in The Phantom of the Opera for sure.

Emmy Rossum - Phantom of the Opera

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 3:03am
Speaking of The Phantom of the Opera, anyone heard of Gerard Butler's latest film? It's called 300, and it hits theaters and IMAX on March 9 nationwide. It's about a Spartan king, played by Butler, who leads his army of 300 Spartan soldiers against 10,000 Persians in the Battle of Thermopylae during the Persian-Greco War. I don't think it's gonna be bad, but I'm looking forward to go seeing that movie.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 3:50am

I know Butler's role in 300 looks pretty freaky for sure, but it will be pretty good actually. Not to mention, Frank Miller, who brought Sin City, one of my favorite films back in 2005, is working as a producer for this film.

Gerard Butler as King Leonidas in Warner Bros. Pictures' 300

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:22am
Just saw this film like a couple days ago, and it wasn't really good at all. Ok, it did have pretty good visual effects, but that doesn't mean it's good at all. Watching this film just sort of remind me of one of the weakest Oscar Winning films called TITANIC, except for this film has a Cruisine, and not an Ocean Liner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>