Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > POSEIDON
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Neither Funny Nor Thrilling...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neither Funny Nor Thrilling...
    Posted: February 19 2007 at 4:50pm
I think the film 300 will be a good film. Of course, while watching the trailer, as well as the TV ads, you can hear him barking a lot, which is what he did in The Phantom of the Opera. A lot of critics thought that Antonio Banderas or John Travolta would have made a better Phantom than Gerard Butler, but Butler still had some good moments in that film. Of course, 300 is produced by Sin City producer and director, Frank Miller. Sin City was actually directed by both Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez, with Quentin Tarantino directing one scene in that film. I've seen Sin City like a bunch of times, and it's one of my favorite movies of all time. It was filmed in black and white with some bits of colors in that film. As for Emmy Rossum, she was pretty good in The Phantom of the Opera, not to mention she received a Golden Glob nomination for Best Actress-Musical or Comedy for that film. Also, The Day After Tomorrow should have gotten a few Razzie noms because it looked really ridiculous, just like this film, however, The Day After Tomorrow had some decent biographical structures in it. Yes, this film did remind me of TITANIC a bit, but not a lot like it.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 3:29am
Boy, a really long paragraph you posted here, but definitely have a point there. I did like Sin City, it was one of my favorite movies as well. I think everyone knows which scene it was that Quentin Tarantino directed in that movie.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:48am

Sorry if I'm soiling this for all of you. This pic is part of the scene in Sin City directed by Quentin Tarantino.

Clive Owen as Dwight and Benicio Del Toro as Jackie-Boy in Dimension Films' Sin City

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 2:46pm
I found this film really entertaining. If action is all you need, you will just go here but if you are looking for character developement, you won't find some here. Do you think this type of film needs character developement? Hell no. This film is very good and is very good at what it's at, which is the action scenes and visual effect, which, IMO, is 10 times better than Pirates 2. Pirates 2 will win for best visuals because it has a bigger fan base and top grosser of 2006. I hope the Oscars don't judge it off for population rather than what deserves to win, which is obviously this film.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 6:25am
Well, moviewizguy, think about this. Sportsartist's prediction on Pirates 2 winning the Best Visual Effects Oscar came true. But yes, Poseidon was entertaining, but the acting was out of tone. At least this is one thing the both of us agree on.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 1:35pm
I dispesed "Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom Of The Opera", mainly because of its director.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 4:14pm
If only it hadn't been for the ending, where a raft magically appeared...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 5:52pm
But then it wouldn't be a happy ending, and the audience would be displeased...and we CANNOT have that in a Hollywood movie, or how would they make their bloated budget back? 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 8:39pm
Actually, if you paid attention, after the boat is turned upside down by the wave (in the beginning), emergency rafts were released. I caught that like the third time I saw it -- after someone pointed it out on IMDb.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Pardon my asking, but what were you doing watching a mediocre remake like this for a third time? Everyone I know had a hard time sitting through this inferior rehash of the 1972 original even once!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 4:41am
I think Vits meant how did they magically just happen to be at the right place and the right time, just when all hope seemed to be lost... 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Pardon my asking, but what were you doing watching a mediocre remake like this for a third time? Everyone I know had a hard time sitting through this inferior rehash of the 1972 original even once!

I actually think it's pretty entertaining. I think it's a thrill ride from beginning to end.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:01am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Actually, if you paid attention, after the boat is turned upside down by the wave (in the beginning), emergency rafts were released. I caught that like the third time I saw it -- after someone pointed it out on IMDb.
Doesn't matter,because it was presented to us as if it just appeared.Like you said,one has to re-watch it in order to realize that.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I actually think it's pretty entertaining. I think it's a thrill ride from beginning to end.
If you want "thrill rides", just go to an amusement park with a bunch of roller coasters.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Vits

Doesn't matter,because it was presented to us as if it just appeared.Like you said,one has to re-watch it in order to realize that.
Or you could have just watched the far superior original movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 11:20am
I gave this remake 5/10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12