Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > MATERIAL GIRLS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Never Were There Such Obnoxious Sisters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never Were There Such Obnoxious Sisters
    Posted: August 20 2006 at 1:58am

This is the sort of movie that makes me glad I am now over 25, and cannot possibly be considered part of this film's target audience anymore --although, in recent years, the solution to the problem of the audience growing up, and less kids being born, has been to infantilise older and older potential spectators, or to market teenage movies as *blech* chick-flicks or as "guilty pleasures" or to make older people feel like they would be "losing touch" (whatever that means) if they do not watch them. I too think everyone involved in the making of this movie should be made to suffer.

This is so obviously a calculated (but misguided!) attempt at making money by exploiting the same hunger for spoiled heiresses' "riches-to-rags" stories that was re-fostered in the public by The Simple Life... and at launching the career of Duff the Elder (sorry...couldn't remember how her name is spelled!). Teens everywhere should join up and revolt against this rubbish!

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2006 at 9:21am

Ouch.....

Originally posted by jacky

Here's a sample of what critics think:

"Material Girls" Review

"The Duffs are worse on screen than the Olsen sisters

A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 4:25pm

How about the Pointer Sisters?  Why should I even be asking this because it's a no brainer.  In the world of family films, I'd rather spend 100 minutes watching Bob and Doug McKenzie sit around their set and talk incessantly about walls than anything with these pack O Duffers, as they say back in the old country of Scotland, where I earned me Number One Dime, cleaning a ditchdigger's boot for....whoops, sorry, wrong soliloquy.  LAUNCHPAD!!!!  

Well, you get the point of the whole thing, right?

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 3:43am

This movie never did work at all for the Duff sisters. In fact, it looks like the Duff sisters didn't have a lot of talent. I even think the same thing for the Olsen twins.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 4:20am

Yeah, I did find out from sportsartist about the Duff's latest film called Foodfight! with Charlie Sheen, Christopher Lloyd, Eva Longoria, and Wayne Brady. The film has just been completed, but still wating for a release date. But I also found out that Hilary also has another film in post-production called Brand Hauser: Stuff Happens with John Cusack, Marisa Tomei, Ben Kingsley, and Joan Cusack. As for Haylie, she has 3 films still in production, but a couple of them are completed. There's My Sexiest Year with Frankie Muniz and Harvey Keitel, I Remember still in production, and Legacy, which is also still in production.

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 4:39pm
I'm not gonna say this was a great movie, because it really wasn't. In fact, Hilary Duff's movies haven't been all that good since 2003's "Cheaper By The Dozen", And as a huge Hilary Duff fan, this is saying something. At least Haylie did do something without Hilary in it and that was 2004's "Napoleon Dynamite". And although Hilary hasn't been making great films, this one is her most entertaining.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 12:03am
Hillary just posed for Maxim so I consider all forgiven.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 4:57pm

Sad thing is that she still looks like a child trying to be all grown up. I looked at her picture on the cover of Maxim and all I could do is think of my 5 year old daughter, and wonder if Duff was even afforded a childhood...

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Hillary just posed for Maxim so I consider all forgiven.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2007 at 11:48am
EEEHHH. Sounds creepy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12