Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Well, EXCUSE ME! > Horribly Cast Remakes R Us...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Version of STRANGERS ON A TRAIN??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Version of STRANGERS ON A TRAIN??
    Posted: May 31 2006 at 5:18pm

WHY CAN'T HOLLYWOOD LEAVE the CLASSICS ALONE?? WARNERS IS NOW "IN PRE-PRODUCTION" on a REMAKE of ONE of the BEST FILMS EVER MADE, ALFRED HITCHOCK's 1951 DOUBLE-MURDER MELODRAMA STRANGERS ON a TRAIN -- TO BE "ADAPTED" by the SCREENWRITER of the 2006 OMEN REMAKE. WHILE THEY'RE AT IT, WHY NOT CAST JIM CARREY in the ROBERT WALKER/PSYCHOPATH ROLE??

IF YOU'RE GONNA DEFILE SOMETHING, WHY NOT DEFILE IT COMPLETELY???

FEEL FREE TO EXPRESS YOUR OUTRAGE BELOW...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 11:51am

First Gus Van Sant has to ruin Psycho. Then rumours of a Birds remake (not one of Hitchcock's best). Now this, I still don't understand why they don't just randomly reach into a pile of unpublished screenplays and pick one out. At least that would be a little more original!

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 2:46am

How 'bout remake HOME ALONE, with Leslie Nielsen as Marv, George Clooney as Harry, and that chubby kid from Zoom as the boy?? 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 11:13am

After the trainwreck that was Van Sant's "Psycho," you would think Hitchcock's daughter would file a copyright stating that none of her father's movies can ever be remade. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I assume you mean the deservedly RAZZIE® "winning" 1998 remake of PSYCHO?? 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Mrs. Magnatech View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrs. Magnatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 11:50am

First Gus Van Sant has to ruin Psycho

You can't "ruin" a movie by doing a remake of it. If anything, the remake made it look even better in comparison.

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2008 at 5:14pm
Head Razz:

PLEASE promise me that Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider are NOT the
proposed leads!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply