Official RAZZIEŽ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > POLL: Iz Mel Gibson's Movie Career OVER?!?!? > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply: DISCUSSION of Mel Gibson's Career...

Name:

Emoticons
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic: DISCUSSION of Mel Gibson's Career...
Posted: May 11 2011 at 8:09am By saturnwatcher
I can't really agree with referring to The Beaver's $4890 per screen average as "embarrassing." Yes, it rather pails in comparison to Thor which has a different audience and broader appeal, but the per screen average was higher than all but 2 or 3 other films in the top ten. We also have no immediate information on the theaters where this was released, and whether or not the demographics were potentially favorable.  The measure of how this film will do can only be determined when it hits wide release, which it probably will at some point. It is way too early to call it a box-office bomb. However, if it does legitimately earn that title, I think a long look will be taken at Gibson's box-office appeal from here on.

Permit me to note at this juncture how wildly uncomfortable I am offering anything that sounds like I am coming to defense of Mel Gibson...I am just trying to judge the question fairly.