Official RAZZIEŽ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > TRUE GRIT Times Two... > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply: Forum DISCUSSION of The 2 TRUE GRITS...

Name:

Emoticons
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of The 2 TRUE GRITS...
Posted: June 03 2011 at 12:14pm By Movie Man
I'm sorry, but I'm not the biggest John Wayne fan and would not see the original if it was reccomended to me. (yes, let the hate messages begin) That being said, I found the Jeff Bridge/Hailee Steinfeld version to be a truly good ORIGINAL western (more hate messages) and would proudly place it next to "Unforgiven" as one of the greatest westerns of all time. I made a top 10 of 2010 list last year, and placed it as number two. I even praised Hailee Steinfeld's performance (who would've been a good head-to-head with Portman if she was nominated in the BEST ACTRESS role instead of it being a clear expected victory) and, if she makes good decisions in the future, will grow up to be an outstanding actress. The film itself should've walked away with 3 or 4 wins instead of the number of wins it actually walked away with: ZERO.

Sorry too be so disrespectful against John Wayne if I offended anybody. That's for another post.