Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > POLL: Is CITIZEN KANE Really The #1 BEST Movie of ALL Time?? > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply: CITIZEN KANE

Name:

Emoticons
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: September 08 2011 at 7:59am By HeadRAZZBerry

WITH ORSON WELLES' CLASSIC NOW AVAILABLE on BLU-RAY as WELL as DVD (and BEING SHOWN REGULARLY on TCM) WE THOUGHT WE'D ASK a QUESTION FEW (BUT US!) WOULD DARE TO:  

IS CITZEN KANE REALLY the #1 BEST MOVIE of ALL TIME??  

WITH an IMPRESSIVE 9 ACADEMY AWARD® NOMINATIONS (BUT ONLY 1 WIN - LINK), a RARE 100% APPROVAL RATING at ROTTEN TOMATOES (LINK) and PLACEMENT AT or NEAR the TOP of NEARLY EVERY ALL-TIME BEST MOVIE LIST COMPILED for the LAST 30 YEARS (LINK) CITIZEN KANE HAS EARNED a LEVEL of RESPECT ACCORDED BERRY FEW FILMS. 

BUT IT's ACTUALLY NOT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY's #1 of ALL TIME (THAT WOULD BE BILLY WILDER's SUNSET BLVD). AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE I'D INCLUDE IT AMONG MY TOP 10. TOP 100, YES -- TOP TEN...MAYBE NOT. 

IF YOU THINK I'M SPEAKING BLASPHEMY, IF YOU FIND MY CANDOR REFRESHING...or IF YOU'D PREFER WE NOT EVEN BRING UP a 72-YEAR-OLD, BLACK-and-WHITE MOVIE RELIC...FEEL FREE to EXPRESS YOUR OWN THOUGHTS BELOW. 

PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE YOUR OWN PERSONAL CHOICE as BEST MOVIE of ALL TIME in YOUR POST -- AFTER VOTING in OUR POLL, of COURSE!