Official RAZZIEŽ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > POLL: Is CITIZEN KANE Really The #1 BEST Movie of ALL Time?? > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply: CITIZEN KANE

Name:

Emoticons
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: September 08 2011 at 9:09am By Vits
People often disagree if certain movies deserve to be called classics. Many classics were technical achievements in their time, but were also somehow ejoyable.

CITIZEN KANE wowed me for the first 30 minutes because, even though I'm not an expert on how movies were technically back then, I could still tell this one had superior directing and photography. After watching it, I read it also improved on the use of flashbacks and make-up (mainly in having Orson Welles play KANE as an adult and an old man). But the story itself just isn't that interesting. I mean,they tell you an important man died, but it's like in real life when you make a movie about a person that's historically important: it doesn't automatically mean they have a story interesting enough to make a fictional movie about them. This movie should be "homework" for every film class in the world, but it's also the type of "classic" you can't hold against people if they don't like it.

I gave it 6/10.

Also don't worry, HeadRAZZ. People are conditioned to be shocked if someone says they didn't love a classic, even if they have good reasons. Like now,I'm sure at least one person skipped the 1st paragraph, read my rating, and then maybe read this paragraph. If someone doesn't like MEMENTO(which I consider the all time best) I wouldn't hold it against them because it's also a movie that's hard for some people to enjoy. Except of course when people say things like "It's the worst movie ever because it would make more sense if he'd written on a notepad instead"(not kidding, that was in a "review" on IMDB!). And since I trust your judgment,I'll add SUNSET BOULEVARD to my "movies to watch" list. By the way, how come in the poll options there isn't a "No"?