Official RAZZIEŽ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIEŽ CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIEŽ CHOICES... > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply: DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR

Name:

Emoticons
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic: DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR
Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:20pm By mbh
Dear MR: I suspect you are a spokesperson/fan of RPatts, but don't try to convince me that his movies are box office hits. When Remember Me came out, he was at his peak of fame, it was expected to be his chance to show to the world that he could open a movie. Instead, it made only $19 million in America, was critically panned, and got him a Razzie nomination for Worst Actor. Nobody apart from his fans would call that a success.  

I have commented before that I liked Water for Elephants, and don't see the need for a him to get a nomination for it. But the movie did only decent numbers (and that with the help of two Oscar winners in leading roles) while his acting still didn't convince the critics. 

Lastly, Breaking Dawn is trailing New Moon by millions of dollars, and even more vs. Eclipse. Internationally we will have to wait and see, but Summit is expecting to make 228 Mio, that means they expect it to end up at 650 Mio.

I haven't written RPatts off, but in Breaking Dawn he delivered only one line and one scene that I liked. That is 100% more than what I liked about Adam Sandler, and 0.1% than what I like when I watch a Geoffrey Rush. 

He deserves a spot up there, whether you like it or not.  

Originally posted by MR

Actually, Breaking Dawn is doing as well as the previous two Twilight movies domestically and BETTER worldwide.

Both Remember Me and Water for Elephants made TRIPLE their budgets and were profitable movies. 
[Remember Me made over $56 million on a $16 million budget and Water for Elephants made over $117 million on a budget of only $38 million.]  

Originally posted by mbh

Breaking Dawn is going to make way less money than the previous two. And I think Remember me and Water for Elephants didn't make any box office money.