Official RAZZIEŽ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > POLL: Is CITIZEN KANE Really The #1 BEST Movie of ALL Time?? > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply: CITIZEN KANE

Name:

Emoticons
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: September 08 2011 at 12:58pm By Vits
And what is your Top 10,SuperTeenTopia?
Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

Not surprisingly, Vits gave it a middle of the road score, but I've learned to expect that from him and classic movies. If by going by the 10 point scale (which I don't), it shouldn't be less than 8 just because the story is "not interesting" (which it does get dull after a while, but not enough to shave three whole points off).
I thought you didn't want to talk about it anymore.But regardless,so far this is the first classic I've given under 4 stars since you joined the forummso why do you expect it?

As for the debate of which is the auteur of the film(director,writer or producer)...I don't know that,but I do know the script is the foundation for me.If the script sucks,the movie can't be good(but it can be saved by other things).I'm not saying KANE has a bad script.It was one ahead of it's time because it used a narrative nobody had used until then.I'm just saying the story isn't interesting,and that's mainly because the character isn't interesting.