Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > DEAD SILENCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

"NIGHT of the DEADLY DUMMIES"?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "NIGHT of the DEADLY DUMMIES"?!?!?!?
    Posted: August 24 2010 at 12:21pm
With directing I mean everything related to the visuals.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Vits

With directing I mean everything related to the visuals.
Yeah, that's cinematography. If everything looks good on screen, that's the director of photography's doing. If everything else about the movie is bad, that's the director/writer/producer's fault.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 3:45pm
With "Visuals" I also mean the shots and angles,and everything we're able to see,except performances,like art direction,costume,make-up and special effects.Separately,the people in charge of those departments are to blame,but combined,is the man in the chair's fault.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Vits

With "Visuals" I also mean the shots and angles,and everything we're able to see,except performances,like art direction,costume,make-up and special effects.Separately,the people in charge of those departments are to blame,but combined,is the man in the chair's fault.
That's what I mean, the shots and angles are the director of photography's choices, and the director-director simply okays the choices made. So the DP is the one to thank for the good visuals.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 10:39pm
Ignore my comment on the last page about the film.

I will say that of all the films this month, this one scared me the most. However, that has literally nothing to do with James Wan and everything to do with ventriquist dummies being creepy as Hell.

When the dummies aren't on-screen the film is incredibly boring. And even when they're on-screen, the film is unintentionally funny at times. Specifically, the end where a bunch of dummies attack the main character and the cop. Ryan Kwanten as bland as Jamie, the main character. He's not as good as he was in VENOM: #TRUTHINJOURNALISM. Now that was an awesome short film. The director of it, Joe Lynch, was in the same room as me when I watched it. He's an awesome guy, I got an autograph from him. What's that? A review of Dead Silence? Oh yeah.

Donnie Wahlberg gives a weird performance as the cop. The character is a total douche, but Wahlberg doesn't seem to realize that. The script for this film is incredibly dumb. It's not scary in the least and the only reason I was creeped out at all was because I'm afraid of ventriloquist dummies. If it was about something that I found less scary, I'd be angrier with the film. And let's not get into that stupid, stupid, stupid twist! Seriosuly, a human doll! Now, you know what had an awesome twist: VENOM: #TRUTHINJOURNALISM.

VENOM: #TRUTHINJOURNALISM is available to watch on YouTube, so get busy. Grade: C

Next-up: Godzilla: Final Wars!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 10:04am
Ryan Kwanten is also good in TRUE BLOOD. No, I don't mean "good" as in "looks good shirtless". I mean his acting.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The character is a total douche, but Wahlberg doesn't seem to realize that.

How so?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

And let's not get into that stupid, stupid, stupid twist! Seriosuly, a human doll!

After watching the movie, I started to wonder if a human doll like that is actually possible. Does that make me stupid?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 12:25pm
Vits:

1.) I've already mentioned several times that I hate True Blood.

2.) The character is sleazy, but Wahlberg seems to be playing him as a regular cop.

3.) Not unless you thought it was possible. Wouldn't Jaime smell the rotting flesh?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12