Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > RAMBO the 4th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No Blood ’n’ Guts...No Vainglory!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Blood ’n’ Guts...No Vainglory!
    Posted: June 06 2007 at 2:37am
We'll, it looks like the gang is all here once again to do battle against the merits of our all time Razzie King Sylvester "Dah Sly Guy" Stallone (Now I feel like we are all in a sequel). All we need now is a guest appearance from "Fan of 30 Years" and we should have a successful run of this franchise until the release of this turkey...Ooops, I mean movie...next year.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:03am

Welcome back, ITbeast. For awhile there, I feared I'd have to face the onslaught alone.

Reluctant as I am to quote Bible, a verse from Ecclesiastes comes to mind: Perhaps someone should put it on a billboard on some well traveled ingress to Hollywood:

What has been is what will be,
         and what has been done is what will be done;
         there is nothing new under the sun.

Response from Head RAZZberry: If there were only one quote from the Bible I'd be willing to bet every Heathen in Hollywood could quote, that'd be the one... 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Welcome back, ITbeast. For awhile there, I feared I'd have to face the onslaught alone.

Nay my good Saturnwatcher...for in all things that is "Sly" (and usually silly),  I shall always have your back!. However...it looks like you and our esteemed King of RAZZ, have been doing a fine job (as usual) beating down #1 Sly Fan with out me using the hard cold facts that he seems to obviously over look (like his sacred idols "prescribed medications"). I wonder if #1 Sly Fan "prescribes" himself the same stuff. It would explain a lot of the fairy tale Bull S**t he would like us sane people to believe!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
#1 Sly Fan View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 2:43am

Now you're implying that I am a drug addict of some kind?? As if there's no other explanation for my being a Stallone fan! If that were true, then the world, with its tens of millions of us Sly Lovers around the globe, must have an abundance of drug addicts...

You people have no shame!

YO: Quit Pickin' on Stallone!!
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 4:49am
Don't you just love these places where there's a lot of love in the air?... 
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 2:31pm

I'm quite confident that ITBeast's post was meant as a joke* (see definition below). Incidentally, the world is, in fact, chuck full of drug addicts. In reality, they grossly outnumber Stallone fans. Many of them are hopeless wretches who spend their days begging for pennies or commiting terrible crimes to support their habits. In other words, there are more people that would rather pollute their minds and bodies with terrible chemicals than go to see a Stallone movie. Perhaps they have a point. 

Originally posted by #1 Sly Fan

Now you're implying that I am a drug addict of some kind?? As if there's no other explanation for my being a Stallone fan! If that were true, then the world, with its tens of millions of us Sly Lovers around the globe, must have an abundance of drug addicts...

You people have no shame!

From Webster's Dictionary:

*joke
Pronunciation: 'jOk
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin jocus; perhaps akin to Old High German gehan to say, Sanskrit yAcati he asks
1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) : an instance of jesting : KIDDING <can't take a joke> c : PRACTICAL JOKE d : LAUGHINGSTOCK
2 : something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter <consider his skiing a joke -- Harold Callender> -- often used in negative constructions <it is no joke to be lost in the desert>

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 6:52pm

#1 Sly Fan, First of all I want to start off by saying...I missed you . Now that I have gotten that out of the way I would like to first start off by thanking Saturnwatcher for being observant and realizing that I was indeed joking (This also goes to prove that most of the Stallone fans out there indeed have no since of humor ), and second proves one of Saturnwatchers theories correct, You do not read our post very well. 

Now you're implying that I am a drug addict of some kind??

Now I want you to read this very carefully, I would be devastated further if you took this the wrong way. Now what I meant by saying, "I wonder if #1 Sly Fan "prescribes" himself the same stuff" is that your continued insistence of misinterpretation of the facts of Mr. Stallone achievements (I.E. Big Box Office Champ of all time, Humanitarian, Biggest Razzie recipient...Oops, Sorry about that...the last part was true!...Anyways) after me and just about everybody in this forum have proven otherwise, you just continue to totally boggle my mind.

Please do not let this misunderstanding come between us, for I feel in your own unique way, that you represent the ideals, dreams, and goals of Mr. Stallone almost as well as Mr. Stallone himself and that you make us at this forum, more than ever stick to our original conclusions that we came to long ago about your idol.

Words to live by:
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2007 at 4:56am

If I thought you were sincere, I might accept your apology. But since almost every person who posts on this site is a wise-ass Stallone-hater, how can I??

As for your slurring my good name, no one knows who I am, so what damage has really been done? But in slandering the name of a world-class movie star and role model like Stallone, you have stepped over the line.

It's one thing to make fun of a famous person's public persona. You Razzie people and I simply disagree: While I find Stallone's movies compelling and his off-screen behavior admirable, you don't care for him and apparently never have.  But it's quite another thing to make groundless accusations about a celebrity's personal life and private habits.

When you are ready to apologize to both myself and my idol, maybe then I'll be willing to listen...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2007 at 6:27am

#1 Sly Fan, I just want say that I (Along with just about everybody in this forum) probably represent that "Wise-ass" slurr in one degree or another (with pride of course), but saying that I am a "Stallone-Hater" just hurts me to the essential essence of my soul .

If I thought you were sincere, I might accept your apology. But since almost every person who posts on this site is a wise-ass Stallone-hater, how can I??

As for your slurring my good name, no one knows who I am, so what damage has really been done? But in slandering the name of a world-class movie star and role model like Stallone, you have stepped over the line.

It's one thing to make fun of a famous person's public persona. You Razzie people and I simply disagree: While I find Stallone's movies compelling and his off-screen behavior admirable, you don't care for him and apparently never have.  But it's quite another thing to make groundless accusations about a celebrity's personal life and private habits.

When you are ready to apologize to both myself and my idol, maybe then I'll be willing to listen...

As I have stated to you in several topic threads we have had on your beloved Idol that I (And a lot of other members, can't speak for everybody of course) do not hate Sylvester Stallone. Now once again with that being said I want to clarify that I do find about 85-90% percent of his work poorly executed, without thought, self-gratifying, and extremely UNBELIEVABLE!!. For someone early in his career that did make a good movie like the 1st 2 Rocky's, Nighthawks, and just recently Rocky Balboa (I will probably hear some crap over the last one from Saturnwatcher and Head RAZZ) to reward the rest of the General public with all the other trash for last 25 years (with the exception of Rocky Balboa). I just can't buy into your obsessive delusions that can excuse Mr. Stallone for his actions both on and off the screen like you can when all the facts state otherwise. I have not said or stated anything that your Idol has not already done for himself.

But please, continue with your pride and devotion to Mr. Stallone, Like I told "Fan of 30 years" once, we all need heroes, just please stop trying to push your fever on us, because we are not buying into it. Now, I will step off my soap box.

Honestly, I think at the end of the day #1 Sly Fan, you just need one EXTREMELY BIG group hug .

Words to live by:
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2007 at 9:22am

Geez, where do these people come from?!

#1 Sly Fan, this forum doesn't hate Sylvester Stallone as a person. We just happen to think that most of his work is dreck at best. (You can't honestly tell me ALL his movies are good...) 

As for the "slander" bit, I believe saturnwatcher was simply making an observation on the amount of drugs Sly had. I have my own thoughts about the incident, but I guess I can't say them without getting accused of libel. 

And your explanation for how he's a *snerk* "humanitarian"? You're saying all his movies were inspiring?  

Yeah...I was REAL inspired by Spy Kids 3-D...

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2007 at 2:01pm

NEIL SIMON:  Uplifting?  Much like Liberace's Cross-Your-Heart bra? 

(SCTV holiday episode #1, sort of) 

I myself wonder deeply what could possibly have convinced him to take the Spy Kids gig, which seems like nothing he'd be interested in ordinarily.  Perhaps the international dealers he got the drugs off of currently blackmailed him into it back then, which would seem the most rational explanation, really. 

Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 2:16am

Yo, Artgirl: I never said ALL of his movies were good, just that they're nowhere near as bad as you Razzie people have made them out to be, and that he was an inspiration to me and millions of others by creating characters like Rocky.

As for the newest accusation, that Sly is some kind of international drug smuggler on the side and takes movie roles because he's black-mailed into doing so by his suppliers, I assume this is another of your "jokes"... 

Response from Head RAZZberry: As the #1 Defender of Hiz Sly-Ness on this Forum, this will probably upset you no end, but I can't resist, given Artgirl's mention of SPY KIDS 3-D. When I was preparing that year's RAZZIE Nominating Ballot, I considered listing Stallone individually for each of the 5 characters he played in that film, just to see if Stallone alone could fill the entire category of Worst Supporting Actor all by himself. I eventually decided, funny as the idea was, it would be unfair to four other sucky actors who'd otherwise get the "recognition" they so badly deserved. Listed once for those five wretched impersonations, he still "won" his 28th or 29th RAZZIE nomination, and his 10th Award, cementing his place as our Awl-Time Cham-Peen (LINK)...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 4:28am

As much as I hate agreeing with Sly-ness's #1 Fan, I do agree that Stallone being a international drug dealer would be a big stretch of the imagination, even for Sylvester Stallone (who lost his imagination way back in the early 80's...some would say he never had it to begin with!).  

Originally posted by wetbandit82

I myself wonder deeply what could possibly have convinced him to take the Spy Kids gig, which seems like nothing he'd be interested in ordinarily.  Perhaps the international dealers he got the drugs off of currently blackmailed him into it back then, which would seem the most rational explanation, really. 

On the subject of Stallone’s all time RAZZIE awarded multi-dysfunctional performance in Spy Kids 3D, In all seriousness I am about 100% sure he did it for the big fat pay check that Rodriguez gave him to be in it (Why I can not answer, Maybe Stallone gave Rodriquez a sample of that specially prescribed "Workout Milkshake" that he takes).

NOTE to HeadRAZZberry: I suggest we add a category next year for the 2007 RAZZIE awards for the worst of the worst RAZZIE Nominated/Awarded Roles of Sylvester Stallone.

UPDATE: Here is Stallone's "official" reason from the IMDB website as to the reason why Stallone accepted the role In Spy Kids 3D: "Sylvester Stallone said in an interview that he asked his kids about the previous Spy Kids movies and if he should accept the role in the third installment."

Words to live by:
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 12:23pm

Just this morning I came up with this thought for a 5th film in this series should they decide for whatever reason to keep it going:  RAMBO VS. BILLY JACK (after all, what could be more amusing than perhaps the 2 most negative characters in screen history tearing away at each other?).  The premise:  Billy's Freedom School Schizophrenics uncover some big and absurd government cover-up in the Pentagon.  Colonel Trautman convinced Rambo to go shut down the investigation for them.  Our two leads meet up and spend the next 3 hours pointlessly beating, strangling and otherwise trying to violently incapacitate each other, taking time every now and then to wax prophetic about their nihilistic philosophies.  Eventually with 10 minutes to go, they realize the Evil Establishment has been using them and react with extreme prejudice, wiping out the entire government and army and half of Washington in the pursuit of "equity," then close with pandering speeches.   

azabkk View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote azabkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 8:48am

This is sad, i just watched the preview on youtube and seriously, he's too old. I think I could kick his ass....

Response from Head RAZZberry: Sadder still, after watching the preview ( LINK ) he looks so old that I think maybe even Jessica Simpson could kick his ass... 

www.ihatejessicasimpson.com
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 1:45pm
Just saw the trailer and the 1st half was tolerable...The last half was completely mindless. Needless to say this will most likely will not be receiving a PG-13 rating.

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>