Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > IMAGINE THAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...
    Posted: June 08 2009 at 3:06am

AT LEAST ONE PERSON ASSOCIATED with the NEW EDDIE MURPHY MOVIE IS AWARE THAT the STAR ISN'T EXACTLY on a ROLL: DIRECTOR KAREY KIRKPATRICK, WHOSE FIRST MAJOR LIVE-ACTION MOVIE THIS IS, TOLD THE TORONTO SUN: "I PREDICT HE WILL WIN NO RAZZIE® AWARDS..." WHAT a STIRRING VOTE of CONFIDENCE! 

WITH HIS CAREER in FREE-FALL SINCE the TRIPLE-WHAMMY of NOT WINNING an OSCAR® for DREAMGIRLS, THEN the FOLLOWING YEAR "WINNING" THREE of OUR FOUR ACTING DIS-HONORS for NORBIT, and LAST YEAR HAVING MEET DAVE BE ONE of the YEAR's BIGGEST BOX OFFICE DISASTERS, EVEN an OKAY MOVIE MIGHT NOT SAVE MURPHY at THIS POINT.

AND IMAGINE THAT, in WHICH MURPHY's CHARACTER STARTS TAKING BUSINESS TIPS from HIS YOUNG DAUGHTER's IMAGINARY FRIENDS, ADMITTEDLY LOOKS TAILOR-MADE to WIN EDDIE BACK the FAMILY AUDIENCE HIS RECENT EFFORTS HAVE CHASED AWAY...

THE BIG QUESTIONS HERE ARE:

1) WILL AUDIENCES and/or CRITICS EVER EMBRACE MURPHY AGAIN?

2) EVEN IF THEY DO (to SOME DEGREE) WILL IT BE a CASE of TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE??

3) WILL IMAGINE THAT AVOID RAZZIE® WRATH...OR CONTINUE EDDIE's "WINNING"/LOSING STREAK??? 

EDDIE: "Honey, I don't think all the toppings in the world will improve the taste of the sh*t sandwiche I'll have to eat if this one bombs..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 3:33am
I was wondering when this one would be on The Boards! I saw The Trailer, and I thought "It looks like ones of those too cute/makes you wanna puke type Movies."  
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 8:55am

Honestly, I had been banking on Pelham 123 showing up here instead... This one actually looked like Eddie might be trying something that might be watchable, as opposed to some of his recent work...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As of right now (just after 3pm/PST on June8) PELHAM is 3-for-3 negative among early reviews on RT (LINK). If it can keep up those numbers, there's alwaze our "Bonus" Worst of the Weak slot open to accommodate it...

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 11:45am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As of right now (just after 3pm/PST on June8) PELHAM is 3-for-3 negative among early reviews on RT (LINK). If it can keep up those numbers, there's alwaze our "Bonus" Worst of the Weak slot open to accommodate it...

A Denzel Washington film getting a Bonus Worst of the Weak slot? I hope not. Believe me, Imagine That deserves all the Razzies it can get. I mean, look at all the damned TV spots on 24/7, and all I could think was: Why is the black kid from Role Models in here? And when will Eddie Murphy get the long-gestating Bevery Hills Cop IV film out the gate?
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 11:59am

One can hope Pelham will get a spot as Bonus Worst of the Weak... I mean, c'mon! With all the vitriol heaped upon remakes around here, I figured it was a clear frontrunner.

But, then again, it is competing against Eddie Murphy... 

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:17pm
I have no idea how to take this one. My impression is that it's a passable children's movie, but who knows...  
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:32pm
I think part of the issue is that it stars Eddie... And that is like automatic Razzie contention, isn't it?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:37pm
It's really not unfair to assume so. I'm not knocking the pick, I just don't have enough information to judge for myself on this one.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:45pm
On this one, I will bow before HeadRAZZ's decision, for he is wise, and runs things round these parts.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:11pm
And HeadRAZZ is also about the only person who has more Forum posts than any of us, too...
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

And HeadRazz is about the only person who has more posts than us, too.

Actually, I have more posts than you and Frank, but unlike HeadRazz, I don't run this forum. So out fo the three of us, I must be the one with the most amount of free time in his life.

PS: I have a feeling "Up" will remain #1 for quite some time if these pieces of crap is what's being puked onto the movie screens.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:46pm

Originally posted by Michaels

PS: I have a feeling "Up" will remain #1 for quite some time if these pieces of crap is what's being puked onto the movie screens.

Actually, The Hangover grabbed the #1 spot this weekend.

As for this movie, however, I'm sure it's not going to be bad. It doesn't look that bad. What I appreciate in this movie is that it doesn't rely on special effects and CGI, compared to Murphey's previous film, with a budget of like, what, $60 million?

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:54pm

The only success Murphy will have for the rest of his career at this point are the Shrek movies ... until they become stale as well.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 2:07pm
We've just discussed how you can't get a decent 4th installment. I'm convinced that people see a CGI movie by Dreamworks or Pixar and just assume it's good at this point, and they could stick a crapper in there VERY easily and no one would really notice.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:44am

I don't assume anything about the quality of a Dreamworks animation, or a Pixar animation for that matter. I hated the third Shrek movie, except for a few small parts, and The Pixar films for me are generally hit or miss...

Also if you're looking at quantity of posts, I think I would have everyone beat, just by the quantity in the short timeframe that I have been around here...  Not that I am averaging nearly 11 posts a day for the last 4 months or anything... oh wait, yeah, I am.

Does anyone have a life for sale?

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 2:58am

Well, judging by the plot of Shrek Goes Fourth (or whatever the clever title is) I think it'll at least be better than the third one. After all, many people consider Shrek 1 and 2 to be close to each other in quality, like Aliens is to the original Alien. 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

We've just discussed how you can't get a decent 4th installment. I'm convinced that people see a CGI movie by Dreamworks or Pixar and just assume it's good at this point, and they could stick a crapper in there VERY easily and no one would really notice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>