Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > IMAGINE THAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...
    Posted: June 09 2009 at 8:24am
Currently, this film has 3 positive reviews up on RT...for now.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 10:12am

You beat me to the punch... 

You think you know, but you have no idea.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 10:21am
With only 4 reviews counted, I hardly think that could be considered statistically significant....
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:08pm
I'm predicting mid 50s-60ish for it.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:31pm

Yeah, that sounds like a decent prediction, dEd. Sure, it might not be quite Razzie-worthy, but still not great.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:39pm
Probably nowhere near a Razzie, but again, Eddie's backed himself into a corner, where everything he does seems to make him a Razzie target...  
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 6:30pm

I'm with CriticalFrank on Pelham.  I was upset that they were even remaking The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3, then when John Travolta was slotted in for it, I was doubly upset.  When you take a classic film, and you don't have anything worthwhile to add to it, DON'T REMAKE IT! 

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Honestly, I had been banking on Pelham 123 showing up here instead... This one actually looked like Eddie might be trying something that might be watchable, as opposed to some of his recent work...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As of right now (just after 3pm/PST on June8) PELHAM is 3-for-3 negative among early reviews on RT (LINK). If it can keep up those numbers, there's alwaze our "Bonus" Worst of the Weak slot open to accommodate it...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:27am

They had plenty to add to it. John Travolta is a great addition! I mean he brings so much Scientology nutiness to the table. And he is so well regarded, too...

At least, he was back in the 70's....

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 2:57am

Oh, you can always add anything to a classic move, but like you strongly implied (and like I said) is any of it worth the audience's while?

Add a little water to a lot of sewage, and you have...sewage.

Add a lot of water to a little sewage, and you have...sewage.

Add a lot of sewage to a lot a lot of water, and you have...Santa Monica Bay. . . .

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

They had plenty to add to it. John Travolta is a great addition! I mean he brings so much scientology nutiness to the table. And he is so well regarded, too... At least he was back in the 70's....

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 3:03am

Getting back to Eddie Murphy's Imagine That, does anybody feel they are watching a retread of Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories?  Did screenwriters Lopez and Herlihy graft the same brain cells as screenwriters Solomon and Matheson?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 11:58am
For what it's worth, I say without sarcasm, that I enjoyed Travolta in The Punisher. He died pretty cool, even.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:20pm
There was actually someone who enjoyed something about the Punisher? Amazing... The only thing I think that movie had going for it, was the fact that Thomas Jane looked like the Punisher.... Beyond that, not too much good o say about it...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 1:19pm
Dude... Travolta... dragged by a car and a-sploded? Nothing? You're cold as ice.
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 2:30pm

Just read an article on PelhamAccording to what I read, the only thing left is the idea of a guy who hijacked a subway train and another guy trying to negotiate with him.  The filmmakers wanted to emphasize this was not a remake.  It's a completely different story with a key similarity that took the original title because the studio owned that title.

In other words, it's a ripoff disguised as a remake.

moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 8:09pm
The trouble with Murphy is that he refuses to be a team player. He's got to be the center of attention or nothing. He should have learned something from "Dreamgirls", where he was forced to be a team player and ended up with an Academy Award nomination. But ever since then, it's back to lousy so-called "comedies", doing his usual routine. He could do character roles in more intelligent films, but his ego won't have it. He's not growing as an actor, only repeating himself.
Fred Cooper
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 11:55pm
Thinking about it, I think Moorlock might be on to something there... Murphy's best roles lately have been in a supporting role... Dreamgirls and the Shrek films come to mind... perhaps it is time for him to admit that his schtick isn't working as a leading actor, and perhaps try being a supporting player for a while... Him, and Will Ferrell both...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>