Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > IMAGINE THAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...
    Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:09am
I think Tina Fey might have survived the curse because she got into bed with Alec Baldwin (for 30 Rock, not in real life.) And Everyone knows that Lorne Michaels and Alec Baldwin are in cahoots... Why else would Alec have shown up on SNL to host roughly 67 times?
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:29am
Yes, he's practically a cast member. But doesn't that seem to suggest that he's a cast member who's gone on to better things as well? Let's not forget, he did voice work for Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:37am
He's in league with Lorne, I think he might pay for half of the Witch Doctor's salary (which I hear involves chicken bones, and shiny beads). The witch doctor wouldn't dare curse a Baldwin...Except maybe Billy.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:43am
The non-Alecs of that family are clearly plagued by something. But Lorne's probably the Doc himself. He needed to save money to hire the comedic genius that was Joe Piscopo.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:50am

I dunno... Lorne doesn't strike me as very "Witch Doctor-y" Although that would be the perfect cover, I suppose. Maybe Alec isn't a true Baldwin... perhaps that is how the rest of the family got cursed?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:54am
He strikes me as a supervillain that would live in a volcano with a cat, though. I'm sure he's spent time hunting (man) in Africa. I'm sure he's spent enough time with witch doctors to pick up a trick or two.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 9:02am
Hmmm... that might explain a lot, actually. Although I think he might be afraid to live in a volcano, due to all of the liquid hot Mag-ma. (damned hard to properly accent the Dr. Evil speach pattern in type)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 9:07am
The brings up a debatable break-out candidate in Mike Myers.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 9:11am
I think "The Love Guru" cemented his spot as a failure... Don't you think?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 12:56pm
But he had to TRY to ruin what was a promising career after Austin Powers 1 and... I dunno, whatever the hell else he did that wasn't terrible.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 2:14pm
Shrek, perhaps? I think Shrek and possibly Wayne's World would be acceptable as non-horriffic attempts at cinema... But the latter was an SNL movie, so it might not count.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 8:24am
Meh... Then you need to start giving Eddie Murphy credit where it's not really due, either. I don't like counting voice acting alongside anyone's cinematic highlights, although good voice acting goes a long way. Hell, you could count that as a good Cameron Diaz movie, then. And with three Shrek movies that would bring her up to... what, 3 right?
-Iron helps us play-
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 6:50pm

I hope Eddie Murphy gets nominated for Worst Actor, but I can't decide whether or not it deserves more than that. First his triple-crown RAZZIE role in Norbit (the #2 Worst Film of 2007), then Murphy IN Murphy in Meet Dave (the #7 Worst Film of 2008), now this. Murphy deserves that nomination!

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 8:02pm
2000-2009 was not Murphy's decade. He made two stinkers for every one "Shrek" movie that was made.
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2010 at 11:35pm

He had one strong point in Dreamgirls but that's about it. Real shame because I really liked him in the Nutty Professor, Dr. Doolittle and Shrek movies, but that's about it. What happened, Doc?

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Headbanger14

He had one strong point in Dreamgirls but that's about it. Real shame because I really liked him in the Nutty Professor, Dr. Doolittle and Shrek movies, but that's about it. What happened, Doc?
1. He limited himself by not using his trademark R-rated humor.
2. He's been working with hack directors for the last handful of his movies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>