Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > IMAGINE THAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...
    Posted: March 16 2010 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Headbanger14

He had one strong point in Dreamgirls but that's about it. Real shame because I really liked him in the Nutty Professor, Dr. Doolittle and Shrek movies, but that's about it. What happened, Doc?

That's what I don't get.JIMMY "THUNDER" EARLY didn't seem different from the others.Yet,he got an Oscar nom.,and had at least 85% chance of winnin'.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 5:31pm
Hack directors?

Norbit (#2 Worst Film of 2007) and Meet Dave (#7 Worst Film of 2008) were directed by Brian Robbins, who also directed Hardball (#16 Worst Film of 2001) and The Shaggy Dog (#10 Worst Film of 2006).

Imagine That was directed by Karey Kirkpatrick. It's his second ever film after Over the Hedge.

If only he could get another role with a good director...

JUU YON BAN
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:14pm
Well,the common thing is that if a movie's bad,you blame the director,right?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Vits

Well,the common thing is that if a movie's bad,you blame the director,right?
Blame can be placed on a number of people: the writers for writing such a s*** screenplay, the studios for being dumb enough to greenlight it, the director for not knowing what he/she's doing, the actors and actresses for giving s*** performances, the editor for editing the movie all wrong, the marketing sucking, etc. But if the same director makes bomb after bomb (ie. Uwe Boll, Seltzerberg), yeah, you can blame them for being hacks.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 4:27pm
I just saw this and gave this 4/10.

I'm so tired of this family movies telling parents to quit their jobs to spend more time with their kids.Actually it's not just family movies.I remember being mad at SAW because they talked about DR. LAWRENCE being a horrible father,when in fact we saw him help his daughter to sleep before finishing his work.That's how the world is and it should be.A good parent manages to balance both things.

Only half the time Eddie Murphy is funny.But considering the 2 movies he made before...Has nominating him become an obligatory thing?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 6:40pm
Finally, a kids movie that doesn't have anything disturbing that the creaters didn't notice. Too bad it still sucks like a Hoover!

The good:

It's not Eddie Murphy worst movie: It's not as bad as the limp Meet Dave or the Rotten Asshole Norbit, but that's not saying much!

Eddie first demonstration: This scene comes very close to being funny.

There's no bestiality!: After Alvin And The Chipmunks 2, Furry Vengeance, and The Grinch, it's "good" to find a family film that doesn't relie on the wet-dreams of furries!

The bad:

Eddie Murphy: It's been said before and it needs to be said again: What the f*ck happened to Eddie Murphy's balls? Are they stored in Jeffrey Katzenberg's desk? The only reason he's not in the ugly is because he only has one character here.

Thomas Haden Church: Remember how Church was nominated for an Oscar for Sideways? Yeah, this'll make you forget it. Granted, it's not as bad as his acting in All About Steve or his role as a cop in 2001 Worst Picture nominee 3000 Miles To Graceland, but it's still a limp performance.

Yara Shahadi: Remember that rant about annoying children in my Brendan Frasier Gets Raped By A Bear review? Shahadi makes them look like the cast of Stand By Me in comparison! She does a scream that's on par with John Galt's 90-page speech in Atlas Shrugged*!

The ugly:

The moral: Movies that say that fathers should quit their jobs are the bane of my existance. I hate this mini-genre so much, that in my initial roster, I left out every one that had it because I didn't want to go near them! Then I remembered that I'm going to review a movie where Jon Voight fights babies and decided to let one and only one in the roster. I choose this one because it was fresh in my memory and Murphy's going to host the Oscars next year. So, when Murphy bombs like a thousand James Franco's, you can remember my review.

Well that's the best live-action Eddie Murphy of the last fives years**! Grade: C

Next-up: The Nutcracker In 3D! (Christ, I'm f*cked!)

*That's a little harsh, Shahadi never idolized a child-killer! Link: http://www.michaelprescott.net/hickman.htm
**Dreamgirls was, technically, 6 years ago.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345