Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > CLICK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not Even a Remote Chance It値l B Any Good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Even a Remote Chance It値l B Any Good
    Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:14am

HOW FUNNY CAN IT BE, WHEN EVERY AD HAS the SAME BASEBALL-BONKING-a-BRAT JOKE IN IT (SEE BELOW)...

So, CLICK Post Reply above, and start click-clacking on those keyboards to let us know what you think...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 3:49pm

Curiously, Adam Sandler got his start in a TV series called Remote Control which aired back in the late 80's...still, there is something resonating through my weary brain tonight, and I'm certain the other posters here can help me out...hasn't this plot been done before, a couple of times?

And while we are at it, who was the moron that, at some point, decided that Sandler is actually funny, and why haven't they realized he isn't? I'm awfully sick of having him shoved down our throat.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:23pm

I don't think that Adam Sandler is the greatest actor, but he isn't bad. I liked several movies that he was in: The Water Boy was funny, Happy Gilmore, 50 First Dates, and Spanglish were all alright in my opinion...  

Here's lookin' at you, Kid.
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Rosen

I liked several movies that he was in

and to think I'm headin off to college.

messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 4:32am
It's not particularly bad. In fact, having actually SEEN it, it's rather good in a goofy kind of way.

When you go to an Adam Sandler movie, you don't expect Meryl Streep.

Next week, we've got Strangers With Candy, which deserves to be nominated for a Razzieョ this year.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 3:43pm
Oh, yeah Saturnwatcher, I remember MTV's "Remote Control" hip game
show. Hosted by Ken Ober with Kari Wuehler and Colin Quinn. Adam hid
behind a wall. Incredible that the other three have been has beens for
years and Sandler gets blank checks to make bad movie after bad movie.

Also, this is another recycled idea. Remember Paul Hogan's bomb "Almost
an Angel" where he did a shtick with a remote control. Attention Studio
executives, I'm still waiting this year for a movie with an original concept.
Should I give up holding my breath?   
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 4:41pm
I remember the remote control scene in Almost an Angel, but there is still a more recent film sticking in my mind...in fact, I think it was a kid's film with almost exactly the same plot...in essence, I think Sandler is now remaking children's films.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 9:44pm

Why the hell would someone sophisticated and classy marry a shmuck like Adam Sandler? The casting of Beckinsale as the wife is unbelieveable, let alone the story.

(heh, heh, I said shmuck. Hey Rosen do you speak Yiddish?)

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 6:04am

I've got the blood and the nose, that's about it...

Here's lookin' at you, Kid.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 4:06pm

I just saw this movie on DVD, and while my nephew and his friends laughed.  the adults in the room were soon discussing my sister's new cat.   Adam Sandler has found his pot of gold; in every movie he plays the man who hasn't grown up.  Young people like him, women want to mother him, and adults smile knowingly.  "Click" wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't interesting.   Sure, we all screw up and wish we could hit the  replay button,  or "load saved game", but lets do it for a worthy cause.  Clicking on your wife so you don't hear her nagging you to take out the garbage is immature.  Clicking on your dog is just stupid.    

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 5:51pm
OK, my question is why the hell has Adam Sandler chosen to do another dumb comedy? I'm definitely putting this one in this year's Worst Remake or Sequel Razzie category. Why? Because it's a rip-off of the classic "It's a Wonderful Life."
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 1:44pm
Saturnwatcher, other movies using the Remote Control gimmick were
Pleasantville and Stay Tuned.

Neither one comes close to Peter Sellers "Being There". Peter actually
knew how to use the remote control motif, John Ritter and Tobey Maguire
join Paul Hogan and Sandler in showing how it's unintelligently done
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 4:14am
I will give the movie this much; it has a way better script level than the "Benchwarmers" (even if it was almost a total Rip Off "It's a Wonderful Life") and the delivery of the humor was a lot more effective (along with being way funnier!) than "Nacho Libre"!!!
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 10:14pm

I will still go with what I said above...It is still way better than some of the other crap we were forced to endure this summer!!! Grant it, It will not when any of those pretty metal objects at the beginning of the year (Golden Globe, Oscar, etc...) But I do not see this picking up a Razzie this year either...Now "Benchwarmers" on the other hand;

The Benchwarmers Movie Stills: Rob Schneider, David Spade, Jon Heder, Dennis Dugan

I do foresee several nominations and possible couple of wins coming out of our distinguished Razzie Ballots at the beginning of the year for that Happy Madison production!!!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 10:40am
When "better than some of the other crap we were forced to endure this summer!!! " includes Jackass 2 and Employee of the Month I suppose just about anything...including and Adam Sandler flick can look good by comparison.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 4:53pm

Now that this film's coming out on DVD, it went over $100 Million at the U.S. B.O. finishing at $137 Million. No surprisement since most people want to see an Adam Sandler film. I just don't know how Sandler can brainwash an audience to see a movie starring him. And don't worry, HeadRAZZ, I think you can be able to spot the MUTE button on the remote on the poster. In fact, I think we all can.

Oh well, and also, I never did go see this film since I'm just waiting for it to come out on DVD to check it out. But the biggest case senerio, I'm not really a fan of any Adam Sandler movies. The last Adam Sandler movie I saw in theaters was ANGER MANAGEMENT, but never liked his performance. Jack Nicholson kept me awake through the whole movie, since he's THE MAN.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>