Forum Home Forum Home > Forums on 2008 RAZZIE® "Winners" > THE LOVE GURU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not Exactly Ga-Ga Over GURU...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Exactly Ga-Ga Over GURU...
    Posted: June 25 2008 at 2:38am
We bash. . . we bash it. . . . we bash it good. . . . we bash. . . we bash it. . . we bash it oh so good!!!!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 2:23pm
Don't feel too bad, Head Razz, about not spotting this one. There are days when we all fall victim to marketing. Upon seeing the movie's trailers, I thought "this one will not have any middle ground, it will either totally rule or totally suck". I was right, about the latter.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 11:59am
If you dare...

http://www.tmz.com/2008/06/25/mini-me-sex- tape-avert-your-eyes/
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 5:39pm

With Postal and The Love Guru, that TMZ vidclip would make 3 bad movies I've seen Verne Troyer in this year. . . .

Speaking of Verne Troyer and Postal, I remembered seeing a picture of Gary Coleman, who appeared in and promoted the videogame Postal 2, posing with four armed chicks in promos for the film Postal.  Yet, when the movie comes out, I see Verne Troyer instead.  So, suspecting a switch, I checked things out on the web, and, despite previous announcements, sure enough, when it came time to film Postal, Coleman's agent told Boll he was not available.  I guess Coleman didn't want to be [ahem] attacked [ahem] by a thousand monkeys. . . 

I would say Coleman was smart, but, if the following webpages are to be believed, he married in February this year and divorced in April on Divorce Court

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 2:55am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Or maybe Coleman was trying to avoid a third RAZZIE® Nomination (Lil Gary was a Worst Actor and Worst New Star contender in 1981 for his only big-screen starring role, ON THE RIGHT TRACK -- IMDb LINK).

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 6:58am

In the game you could either:

A) Pee on Gary Coleman or

B) Kill him 

Gary must have low self-esteem to have done this!  

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Gary Coleman, who appeared in and promoted the videogame Postal 2

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 7:49pm
I saw it yesterday...and feel that ONLY Witless Protection (STILL at a whopping 0% at RT) edges it out in badness alone...  The Love Guru does give some fierce competition though to the final RAZZIE ballot...and I hope that this time Larry the Cable Guy wins out because I still feel that he's been cheated out of at least two surefire RAZZIE wins already...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 7:09am
I think there was a prediction for this match penalty of a movie made by yours truly in another thread...

STILL not as bad as the latest Larry the Cable Guy epic...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 10:56am
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this, but is Ben Kingsley's career in the toilet or what? Talk about a guy who should give back his Oscar with a nationally televised, tear filled, heart-wrenching apology...
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2008 at 10:36pm

This just in:

Leading Hindus have called for movie executives at Paramount Pictures to release a film and booklet about the religion with the DVD of The Love Guru.

Leading U.S. Hindu scholar Rajan Zed challenged the comedy's star Mike Myers and producers over the film, claiming the movie was "morally offensive".

But his requests for them to screen the film for Hindu leaders before its release last month were ignored, prompting Zed to urge anyone who held religion dear to boycott the movie, about a comical guru, played by Myers.

The film has since been a flop at the box office, and Zed has threatened another negative media campaign against the film and its producers when the DVD is released later this year - unless executives agree to help promote Hinduism.

In a letter to Viacom founder Sumner Redstone and Paramount chairman Brad Grey, Zed and another leading Hindu, Bhavna Shinde, write, "To undo some of the damage done to the community by Paramount Pictures and Viacom through this movie, Paramount Pictures should produce a brief video about Hinduism and its tenets, and enclose it with The Love Guru DVD.

"They should also, in consultation with Hindu leader Rajan Zed, publish a small booklet about Hinduism and its tenets and attach a disclaimer at the beginning of The Love Guru DVD to counter the gross misrepresentations in the film."

But we know better -- Paramount is not going to do this.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 3:12pm
I think Zed and Bhavna need to set aside the hookah before drafting letters . . .
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 5:12pm

There's no Wikipedia page for Bhavna Shinde.  A Google search shows she is from the Spiritual Science Research Foundation.

A video and a booklet promoting Hinduism?  I can't recall even evangelicals ever demanding anything that extreme!

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 8:18am

And if he thinks a tone deaf mediacrat like Redstone's going to do anything of the sort, he'll need to consult a higher authority on how to proceed, although I agree true Hinduists should make a statement on it. 

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2008 at 11:59am
IMDB is currently doing a viewers poll to see who is doing worst with their respective carreer's...Eddie Murphy or Mike Meyers, click here to vote! (You most register with IMDB to do so, but it is free)
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 10:31am

More news:

Hindu leaders have claimed victory in their campaign against Mike Myers' new film The Love Guru after the movie failed to wow cinema audiences across America.

Religious leaders have spoken out about the movie - calling it "morally offensive" to Hinduism - and urged followers of the religion to boycott the picture.

The Love Guru debuted at number four at the U.S. box office on its June release - taking just $14 million (GBP7 million) in its opening weekend.

The film has taken a gross total of just $31 million (GBP15.5 million) in U.S. the five weeks since its 20 June release. Anne Hathaway's spy comedy Get Smart was released the same weekend and has so far taken a gross total of $124 million (GBP62 million) for the same period in America.

Leading U.S. Hindu scholar Rajan Zed is convinced the organised boycott has contributed to the movie's box office slump.

He tells WENN, "The boycott call of Hindus against Hollywood movie The Love Guru for lampooning Hinduism has been very effective, contributing to its blunt failure at the box office.

"Although various issues contributed to its failure, the boycott was one of the major factors. Many Hindus as well as non-Hindus have been shunning this movie in the USA and Canada."

Wow, this Rajan Zed is really full of himself if he thinks his boycott single-handed caused the movie to fail.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 3:02pm

Rajan Zed appears to be a self-promoter.  He's claiming to represent Hinduism, when, according to the USA Today article I linked earlier in this thread, the Hindus are divided over this film.  From what I found on him, he's just a Hindu chaplain living in the quake zone formerly known as Reno, NV.  As for The Love Guru's box office failure, the reason is obvious--the movie was terrible, and it's easy to make fun of.  It's pure Razzie fodder. 

If you attribute The Love Guru being a bomb to Zed's holy outrage, you might as well attribute the Reno earthquakes to Zed, too.  It makes just about as much sense. . . .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>