Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > PREMONITION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nothing to Crow About...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nothing to Crow About...
    Posted: March 12 2007 at 3:12am

ESCAPING a WORST ACTRESS NOMINATION for LAST YEAR's TIME-TRAVEL TRAVESTY THE LAKE HOUSE, SANDRA BULLOCK IS BACK ONCE AGAIN to TEMPT OUR VOTERS in THIS SIMILAR (THOUGH EVEN DOOFIER-LOOKING) EXERCISE, WHICH HAS HER BOUNCING THROUGH TIME, TRYING to PREVENT the AUTO ACCIDENT THAT WILL TAKE HER HUSBAND's LIFE. AT ONE POINT, IN a CLIP WE MAY BE SHOWING at NEXT SPRING's 28th ANNUAL RAZZIE CEREMONIES, SHE WAKENS (ala DALLAS) to FIND HER DEAD HUBBY TAKING a SHOWER...

SOUNDS ALL WET to US, BUT FEEL FREE to WORK YOURSELF INTO a LATHER DISCUSSING IT BELOW...

SANDRA: "Okay, so my agent can't read the future...But is it too much to ask that he at least read the script before signing me up to make any more movies like this??" 

THIS JUST IN: PREMONITION IS NOW RANKED #82 on ROTTEN TOMATOES' "WORST REVIEWED MOVIES of ALL TIME" LIST (LINK) ...WHICH ONLY SERVES to MAKE the LIST ALL the MORE SUSPECT...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 3:28am

Please don't compare this to The Lake House. The trailer actualy makes this movie look interesting, and I don't think it could ever near the doofiness of The Lake House.

To me, this actually looks like a good thriller...but that's what I also said about The Number 23...

Response from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to check out REVIEWS on PREMONITION (including the RT page for it). At this time (1pm/PST on 3/11/07) it's only got 5 reviews posted at RT, but it's scoring a big fat ZERO % Approval Rating. And ZERO is not a rating that's easy to turn around...

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 4:16am
Some cricits are comparing this to The Sixth Sense. Not sure about The Crow, but yea, the premise has a guy coming back from the dead...
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 11:25am
Please don't pick on this movie. This thriller actually looks clever and good (and also Sandra Bullock wasn't very bad in The Lake House, that movie was fantastic!).
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 3:59pm
It looks silly. There is one scene where Bullock actually marks her husbands death on a calender. Hey, she has evidently lived this experience a dozen times (we are ripping off Lake House and Groundhog Day) and she still needs to mark it on her calender so she won't forget it this time?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 2:43am

Well, I can understand why this is being considered since it still has a 0% rating on RT.  However, I'm actually looking forward to this movie.  I don't know why.  I just like Sandra Bullock.

In one sense, though, I'm surprised, since this weekend there will be two other possible klunkers coming out.  Dead Silence sounds like a good prediction of what the viewing audience will be like.  And I Think I Love My Wife starring Chris Rock may turn out to be as "good" as Troop Beverly HillsPremonition may be one of those movies that critics hate and audiences love.  While the critics RT meter is currently at 0%, the users RT meter is currently at 66%.  I predict the critics AND the audience will agree on the other two.

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 4:27am

I found out that on RT, I Think I Love My Wife is at 40%. Not sure about Dead Silence (none of The Critics have reviewed yet). I mostly see Silence as paying Homage to Magic & The Puppet Master. LINKS:

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Anthony-Hopkins/dp/B000CR76U8/re f=pd_bbs_1/103-1643906-5715851?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=117 3807298&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Puppet-Master-Paul-Mat/dp/B0001XLWD0/r ef=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-1643906-5715851?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid =1173807241&sr=1-1 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 11:33am
There has only been seven reviews so don't think it'll get a 0% the whole time. I highly doubt it. Wait until it reaches 110 reviews.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 11:36am

More reviews should post Thursday, the day before the movie opens in theaters.

Response from Head RAZZberry: With 11 reviews posted at RT, PREMONITION still has only ONE favorable one, giving it a current 9% Approval . I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE now stands at about 30% Approval, putting it just outside the usual RAZZIE Contender Range of 25% or lower.  And DEAD SILENCE (which is not even being shown to critics before it opens) may well stink to high heaven, but picking bad horror movies week after week is way too easy, and gets old. Besides, of the three titles, PREMONITION is both the highest profile release and the most critically reviled at this point -- which, given all our criteria for RAZZIE consideration, makes it the logical choice as Worst of the Weak...

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 2:59pm

I was watching TV and saw an ad for PREMONITION, giving it all these great reviews. I couldn't make out where the reviews came from (Wired Magazine?). It made me want to pause each review, and stand close to the TV to read who was giving out such positive reviews.

I also went on RT, and they now have I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE at 18%.

Response from Head RAZZberry: I checked your link, and I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE is now (10am/PST 3-15-07) officially in RAZZ-able territory, below 20% Approval on RT. But also note that PREMONITION is still getting a lower rating -- it's currently at 10%...

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 11:37pm

HeadRAZZ, do you have a general dislike of Sandra Bullock? You are implying that she was Razzie worthy in THE LAKE HOUSE (I didn't think she was, Keanau was much worse), and you seem to be implying that if this movie is bad, she is the one who should be punished with a Razzie. If this movie is terrible, she will probably be the best part of it. I am generally a fan of Sandra Bullock (though she was terrible in DEMOLITION MAN).

Response from Head RAZZberry: I have actually liked Bullock in a few films (WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING and the first MISS CONGENIALITY among them) but she seems to have lost her way of late. SPEED 2 was a major mis-step, MISS CONGENIALITY 2 was un-necessary and nowhere near as charming as the original, LAKE HOUSE seemed to genuinely please almost no one, and now PREMONITION looks poised to tank as well. Whether or not Bullock should get the bulk of the blame when one of her films blows, the bottom line is: She presumably read the script before signing on for the film, and should have known better...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 12:31am
I'm also a fan of Sandra Bullock, and think she was great in The Lake House. I read my newspaper today, and they gave Premonition 3/4 for  and 1.5/4 for I Think I Love My Wife. The review even said Bullock's performance was great in Premonition.
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 8:42am
Originally posted by jb razz

I am generally a fan of Sandra Bullock, though she was terrible in DEMOLITION MAN.

She is very lick-able... er... likeable, she also seems very genuine compared to 98% of the "talent" working these days, plus the camera loves her... but you're right, Demolition Man was brutal.

RT reads 89 bad reviews and 8 positive reviews for "Premonition." I think I'll pass on this one.

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 7:54pm
I predict a worst screenplay winner...but I have a feeling that Ms. Bullock will be out of the running for Worst Actress by month's end...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Razzilla

I predict a worst screenplay winner...

The problem with "time loop" screenplays is if the lead does the same thing every time, (merely playing out their role in history), the time loop could simply replay itself endlessly. If the lead does anything different, (see: "free will" vs. determinism), the future outcome would be altered, and therefore time should not reset, or loop, a new timeline would have been created....

But alas then there would be no movie if time didn't loop regardless what the lead did.

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 5:42am
Have there been any of these "Premonition" Movies before.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>