Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE NUMBER 23
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NUMBER 23, Your Table is Ready!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NUMBER 23, Your Table is Ready!
    Posted: March 01 2007 at 2:47am

COULD THE NUMBER 23 BE JIM CARREY's BATTLEFIELD EARTH?

REPUTEDLY MADE BECAUSE of CARREY's OWN OBSESSION with the NUMBER 23, and DIRECTED by HACK-for-HIRE JOEL SCHUMACHER, NUMBER 23 FEATURES the FORMER FUNNYMAN in FULL-ON PARANOID MODE. HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL WANNA SEE THAT?

THE NUMBER 23 COMES to MIND...

Carrey: "Geeze, mister Schumacher, couldn't you have given me your notes on how to improve my performance in a more conventional manner??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 4:51am
This IS Jim Carrey's second Razzie nomination, and first win -- It's got to be! Let off for The Majestic, Fun With Dick and Jane, and Ace Ventura 2, he is D-U-E...
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 7:12am

Check this out. Here's one of the many reasons why this film's titled The Number 23: This is the 23rd project Joel Schumacher has directed (counting both his film and television work). I've even made a list of all of the 23 films Schumacher did starting with his first and ending with his last: 1-The Virginia Hill Story (1974) (TV), 2-Amateur Night at the Dixie Bar and Grill (1979) (TV), 3-The Incredible Shrinking Woman (1981), 4-D.C. Cab (1983), 5-St. Elmo's Fire (1985), 6-The Lost Boys (1987), 7-Cousins (1989), 8-Flatliners (1990), 9-Dying Young (1991), 10-"2000 Malibu Road" (1992) TV Series (unknown episodes), 11-Falling Down (1993), 12-The Client (1994), 13-Batman Forever (1995), 14-A Time to Kill (1996), 15-Batman & Robin (1997), 16-8MM (1999), 17-Flawless (1999), 18-Tigerland (2000), 19-Bad Company (2002), 20-Phone Booth (2002), 21-Veronica Guerin (2003), 22-The Phantom of the Opera (2004), and 23-The Number 23 (2007). Which makes a total of...23.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Schumacher's responsible for all that tripe and has still never "won" a RAZZIE? The only title in there I'd even call close to being "good" is LOST BOYS. I'd say Ol' Joel may be due for a second Worst Director RAZZIE nod (he was previously nominated for BATMAN & ROBIN in 1997) come next awards season...

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 7:15am
Yes, Michael Jordan did wear the Number 23, but now other athletes are wearing the number as well: Lebron James, Jermaine Dye, etc. And, the soft-drink Dr. Pepper also has 23 flavors. Sounds like 23 is a popular number...
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 11:28am
I really thought Jim Carrey was good in some of these Movies Ace Ventura: Pet Detective,  The Mask, Dumb & DumberLiar Liar, Man on the Moon, Me, Myself & Irene, How the Grinch Stole Christmas,  Bruce Almighty, The Majestic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Fun with Dick and Jane. I'm not sure why choose this one maybe he wanted to wear long hair like Tom Hanks did in The Da Vinci Code well if we does Razzies Jim Carrey kind wonder if he would show up to collect his award.
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 3:50am
I thought that this was going to be an great and interesting thriller, and I
was surprised when it got trashed by critics and turned out to be a stinker.
Michael Medved said, "The Number 23 is actually the number 2, as in a piece
of number 2". I'm glad I decided not to go see it, I probably would have gone
crazy with disapointment.

When I first heard about this movie I was hoping I could finally get Jim
Carrey an Oscar nomination, but as it turns out he could end up getting a
razzie nomination.
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 3:00am
"Number 23" Tomatometer reading as of March 3, 2007: Fresh = 13, Rotten = 138.

Total US box office = $17,633,643  
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 3:54pm
Hmm, 23 x 3 =
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 3:23pm

Funny post from The Showbiz Show with David Spade website when comes to taking your Kids to see The Number 23:

"Before you take the kids out thinking this will be a fun afternoon
for the whole family, this movie is not sponsored by the number 23.
They should really make that clear. My niece still can't watch
Sesame Street without screaming. When did Jim Carrey go from lovable pet detective to child hater?"

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 5:55am
I'm not sure if their criteria are entirely valid, but in Rotten Tomatoes' new list of The 100 Worst Reviewed Movies of ALL TIME, NUMBER 23 is ranked #87...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 6:37am
I guess when comes to Worst Screen Couples for The 28th Annual Razzies, we could include Jim Carrey & The Number 23, since they shared The Most Screen time Together...
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 6:35am
Joel Shumacher will be on the potential nominees for Worst Director for this film, he's been nominated once, but lost that award to that talentless Kevin Costner for one of the Worst films ever made: The Postman. Jim Carrey's been nominated for a Razzie once, but not for Worst Actor, but he'll be on the list of potential nominees for Worst Actor.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 10:59am

I too had thought about how the Razzie Nominating Ballot should look when comes to The Number 23:

Worst Picture: Number 23

Worst Actor: Jim Carrey

Worst Actress: Virginia Madsen 

Worst Supporting Actor: Logan Lerman 

Worst Screen Couple: Jim Carrey & The Number 23

Worst Director: Joel Schumacher 

Worst Screenplay: Fernley Phillips 

Worst Excuse For Thriller and/or Horror Movie

That's a total of eight Razzies Nods for this film!

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 3:25am

The Oscar will beheld on February 24th which means that The Razzies will beheld on February 23rd I wonder if this a sign that The Worst Movie of 2007 could turn out to be The Number 23 The Number 23 on The 23rd.

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 7:39am

I was just on jimcarreyonline.com, and they have announced the video release date for Number 23: 7/17/07. Note that this date does not ad up to 23. Oh well, you can also view Jim Carrey talking about The Number 23 "enigma" on You Tube with the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H24V-u7fNJM&mode=user& ; ;search=

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 3:44pm
Tough for Jim. He's been funny in a bunch of films I've seen. Sometimes he's good in a drama movie, sometimes he's not. It came out in theaters February 23, but made more than $23 million at the Box Office. However, not only did it get bombed by critics, it also bombed at the Box Office. Right now, it's standing at $35.1 million at the U.S. Box Office, and worldwide, at $53.5 million. This film was definitely a bomb alright.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>