Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE NUMBER 23
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NUMBER 23, Your Table is Ready!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NUMBER 23, Your Table is Ready!
    Posted: April 14 2007 at 11:24am
...didn't this movie get "Two Thumbs Up"?
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 12:27pm

Just one review from Ebert & Roeper (or Roeper and Whoever-the-Hell-is-Filling-in-for-Ebert) doesn't automatically make this good. In fact, according to Rotten Tomatoes, only 8% of the critics in America liked it.

Trust me - sometimes a "Two Thumbs Up" goes to a movie that doesn't deserve it... 

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 3:30pm
Yeah, well, sometimes they are mostly right because I really agree with them after watching the movies...except for Click was was excellent!
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 3:54am

...you thought Click was excellent?

*sigh* You know, comments like that don't necessarily get you respect around here...I don't know if you noticed, but the rest of the RAZZIE community isn't so keen on Adam Sandler movies.

(Just out of curiousity...if you think movies like Click, Date Movie, and House of Wax are good...what the heck do you consider a bad movie?!)

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 4:54am
I even mentioned about that before. moviewizguy, do me just one favor. Just except the fact that we have our own opinions on those movies. And true enough, ArtGirl138, it sounds like moviewizguy is NO friend to the RAZZIEs.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 6:14am

And no friend to good grammer, either... "was was excellent"? If you're gonna make a point, could you at least make your posts easier to read?

So...if he's being "no friend to the RAZZIEs"...you think it's possible to ban him? I know it can be done on most forums...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:21pm

Oh, I just don't like it how they nominate movies for just attracting people to it. It's true. Other movie sites said it like nominating The Blaire Witch Project for Worst Picture just for the fact almost every movie critic loved it and the Matrix Reloaded some nominations to with the fact some critics thought it was even better or just good like the first one. It's just me that I hate them doing that to attract people. House of Wax? They just nominated it for Paris Hilton! What other reason would they do it for? If she wasn't in it, HOW would be one of the best horror movies ever. Trust me, IMDb users on the board complained the fact that that movie got a low rating. Oh, and the movies I TRULY HATE are these:

1) Darkness

2) Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

3) Halloween: H2O

4) Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment

5) Police Academy 3: Back in Training

6) Jaws: The Revenge

7) Yu-Gi-Oh: The Movie

8) White Noise

9) Saw II

10) Silent Hill

11) Doom

12) Failure to Launch

13) Cabin Fever

14) Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:22pm
Yes, and Click was loved by almost everyone who watched it, except for those without emotions would never cry in that movie...just a thought because how can people not cry in that movie? Honestly, it had a great moral and played really good with the dramatic scenes.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 1:08pm

*looks at your list*

Okay, your taste in movies just became 5% less questionable.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 5:22am
I give the Police Academy films a little more credit.  I find many (not all, but many) of them better than what comes out today.  I think they started slow with the first few entries, then reached a higher level once everyone figured out their characters, with 3 and 4 being the best entries.  Then everything crashed again once Steve Guttenberg bailed out--ironic since Mahoney was the seemingly blandist of the major players.  Still, all in all I find the series a good watch and am somewhat curious about what the planned revamp film will do (reportedly all the major people still alive want to do it again). 
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 5:28am
Additionally, I may add, Click may have been better had it not been the latest conduit of the studios's iron-clad black and white view of the way families should act and behave.  It's time they start realizing that it's just not that simple in the real world, that everything will automatically get better if Dad stops working.  Yes, he absolutely SHOULD make every effort to include them in his life--he would be undeserving of his role in the first place if he didn't--but honestly the vast majority of dads out there CAN balance this just fine because they're flexible enough to give and take as needed.  Implying that no father can do this without some dumb twist of fate or enough cruel barbs from their loved ones is pure irresponsibility on the studios' parts (and says a great deal about their own home lives as well). 
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 5:20pm
With this film now out on DVD, this film has shown that it was NOT only bombed by the critics but also bombed at the Box Office as well. I guess most people like seeing Jim Carrey in a comedic role. Jim's going to be on the Nominees ballot this year, as well as Joel Schumacher, and both of them have been nominated only once, but never won.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 4:13pm

Hmmm...Besides this film being released on the 23rd or February and that this is Schumacher's 23rd directrial film, there's a bunch more of these connections from this film.

1. Other instances of the number 23 connected (sometimes very tenuously) with the movie: - The last time Jim Carrey and Joel Schumacher worked together was in "Batman Forever." In that film, Carrey's character (the Riddler) also showed an obsession for numbers, which he used to represent letters of the alphabet in his riddles. The numbers were 1, 8, and 5. Batman figured out that 1 and 8 were meant to be 18. 18 + 5 = 23. The number 23 is a W, and in "Batman Forever" there is a scene of Carrey underneath a W (the gate outside Wayne Manor). - The address of the bookstore is 599. 5+9+9=23. - Walther's room at the asylum was 318. 31-8=23. - The number of letters in "Animal Control Department" - The apartment number across from the suicide blonde's apartment (959) - The dog in the movie is named NED. N is the 14th letter of the alphabet; E is the fifth; and D is the fourth. 14 + 5 + 4 = 23. - The numbers on Walters's car add up to 23 (906 8TC, 9+0+6+8=23, 20(T)+3(C)=23) - The numbers on Issac's car is 023 5HJ, H is the eight letter in the alphabet and J is the tenth, 5 + 8(H) + 10(J) = 23 - The store front numbers that Fingerling is standing in front of while watching Fabrizia & Phoenix add to 23 (12, and 110). - The film was released in the US on Febuary 23, 2007. - The number of Walter Sparrow's footlocker 87305 = 23 (8+7+3+5) - The PO Box that Carrey and his family mail the boxes to is "P.O.Box 977". 9+7+7 =23 - His birthday is February the 3rd, 2/3, 23.

2. The dog Ned goes to the grave of Laura Tollins, and it can be seen that she was born on February 10, 1968 and died on February 10, 1991, which was her 23rd birthday.

3. The office Agatha Sparrow visits is number 318, 31 - 8 = 23

4. The hotel which Jim Carrey stays in is called the King Edward's Hotel. This name plus the red vacancy sign added together equals 23.

But this one was not included: LT. The letters that appear on the bracelet. L:12th letter, T:21st letter -- 12+21= 23. And why? Because 12+21 do not equal 23. 12+21 actually equals 33.

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:45am
I've always liked Jim Carrey. But what is this???
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 4:55am

What is this? It's totally atrocious!!!

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:23am
What kind of moron would actually make this.. Whoops forgot Schumacher was directing. My nemisis strikes again!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>