Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > OBSESSED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBSESSIVE-Repulsive?!?!?
    Posted: April 21 2009 at 5:31am

It's a pro-wrestling move. If you look up "Razor Ramon" it used to be his finishing move. I used to do it to freshman when I was in track in high school.

And I built up a tolerance is all.

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I'd like to see women use The Crucifix Powerbomb more often in fights. (No, it's not a religious move.)
Crucifix Powerbomb? .... dEd, have you gone off your meds again?

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 9:56am

Ali Larter doing the Razor's Edge to Beyonce? I MIGHT pay money to see that, so long as it results in Beyonce having to retire early!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 12:23pm

Make it Jake the Snake's DDT, and you've got a deal--provided one of Jake's little friends show up later to finish the job. 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 12:41pm

How about a Jake The Snake DDT onto a flaming table covered with barb wire, broken glass, and thumbtacks? Hmmm, that sounds like something we might be planning for the Sly Guy and Madonna at the 30th Annual Razzies!

Originally posted by wetbandit82

Make it Jake the Snake's DDT, and you've got a deal--provided one of Jake's little friends show up later to finish the job. 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 4:30pm
Wow, and I thought I was good at randomly derailing topics... suddenly this has turned into some kind of wrestling match. Although Beyonce getting slammed through a flaming table does sound like an interesting movie... If they do that, I'll be there.

Perhaps, they can take a cue from "Snakes on a Plane" and title the movie "Beyonce gets Slammed through Flaming Tables."

Also dEd, I think if you've built up a tolerance, perhaps it is time to get the doctor to increase the dosage.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 11:10pm

Hey, I think we have the concept for a direct-to-DVD sequel to "The Wrestler" here, as told from an up-and-coming female wrestler's POV!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 4:30am
Is Beyonce playing the up-and-comer? Or would it be Ali? Because if Beyonce is filling the role, perhaps it could be the rise, and fall (through flaming table) of an up-and-comer?!?
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 8:49am
Watched the trailer for this, and I am not planning on seeing this...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 1:05pm

Oh yes, Beyonce is the up-and-comer, as she rises (and falls) through the flaming table.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 6:20pm
Sweet! I'd definitely have to spend all day watching that one! It's good, wholesome family entertainment watching Beyonce get slammed through tables... But only if they are on fire!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2009 at 6:59pm

There aren't any critiques posted yet on Rotten Tomatoes for Obsessed.  They didn't screen this first?  Really?  I would have guessed it was bad, being such a rip-off (Fatal Attraction, Hand That Rocked The Cradle, etc.), but I wouldn't have thought it was THAT bad. . . .

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 12:27am
"And Beyonce has climbed on to the TitanTron, and she does a flying Senton Bomb on Ali Larter through a shark infested table! OH MY GOOOOOD!!!"

But seriously, turning this movie into a pro-wrestling match seems highly logical. It's essentially what female wrestling is on WWE.
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 2:58am

The first three reviews are in at Rotten Tomatoes, all three of which were rotten.  We'll see if this holds true for the rest. . . .

I'll honor the first three critics simply for being first.

Brian Orndorf sez:

One of the many problems that plague “Obsessed” is the character of Lisa. Modeled after Glenn Close’s bravura turn in “Fatal Attraction,” Lisa, as interpreted poorly by the limited Larter, is a stormy ocean of psychological disease, only she never makes a salient point. With a film titled “Obsessed,” one would think a little naughty fire in the nether regions is enough to build a central battery of suspense, but director Steve Shill and writer David Loughery fail to offer the character a tangible point of view. Lisa is a stock villain character, parading around in high heels, providing zero motivation; she’s a cherry-lipped boogeyman meant to titillate and revolt, but the proper response to the role is laughter. Larter wildly overplays the sex kitten nonsense to a point of uncomfortable camp. And if the central figure of menace is a joke, imagine how unrelentingly goofy the rest of “Obsessed” gets.

Dustin Putnam sez:

1987's "Fatal Attraction," 1992's "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle," 1993's "The Temp," and 1995's "Disclosure" all come to mind as "Obsessed" plays out. One of those genre staples wherein a dangerous, unhinged individual becomes severely and, ultimately, violently fixated with another, the film is predictable, trashily entertaining time-filler. As helmed by television director Steve Shill, making his feature debut, and written by David Loughery (2008's "Lakeview Terrace"), there are signs in the first half that it could have been more than that, and this is why disappointment sets in. The villain of the piece—sexy, efficient, and, yes, obsessive office temp Lisa Sheridan (Ali Larter)—is treated in the first half with enough intriguing shades of sympathy that it is a shame the movie tosses away this potentially serious exploration into a sad, unhealthy mind in favor of climactic bursts of violence and a cheapening adherence to convention.

Geoff Berkshire sez:

The filmmakers had an interesting strategy for "going green" (and making the most of a low budget). They recycled sets from last year's horror movie "Quarantine" and the upcoming horror remake "The Stepfather."

Okay, okay, that's not Berkshire's negative critique in a nutshell.  He summed up the movie in a single paragraph, and I didn't want to quote his whole verdict.  However, I felt the fact that the sets were recycled from one loser movie and are going to be used in what will doubtless be another loser movie was a factoid that the Razzies would want to know.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 4:41am

"And Beyonce has climbed on to the TitanTron, and she does a flying Senton Bomb on Ali Larter through a shark infested table! OH MY GOOOOOD!!!"

But seriously, turning this movie into a pro-wrestling match seems highly logical. It's essentially what female wrestling is on WWE.

A shark infested table? That's pretty impressive. But what if it was a FLAMING Shark-infested table? There would be something truly epic!

As far as women's wrestling on WWE, I thought that was mostly about getting Hot women to wear as little as possible on national TV. ANd from what I've seen of "Obsessed" they unfortunately wear clothing... Myabe for the fight scenes they'll be dressed in practically nothing...
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:07am
I thought for sure his strategy for going green would be to say that he recycled the script. Which is equally true enough.

But here we go... Flaming table, infested with sharks which are wrapped in barbwire, on to a bed of thumbtacks poisoned with the ebola virus, and the virus can shoot lasers out of it's little virus eyeballs.

-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:30am

I thought for sure his strategy for going green would be to say that he recycled the script. Which is equally true enough.

But here we go... Flaming table, infested with sharks which are wrapped in barbwire, on to a bed of thumbtacks poisoned with the ebola virus, and the virus can shoot lasers out of it's little virus eyeballs.

Can we also put frikkin Lasers on the sharks, too? Also, I think we might need to fit a motorcycle in there somewhere, just for the hell of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>